Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ticking Ebon Detonator VS Assurance of Consequence.
    Which of the two is the best (got harrom's on the other slot already) . I've been getting mixed responses .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Both are very good, depends what your playstyle is, if you have a FoF playstyle : AoC will be overall better, otherwise TED will take over. I personally am going with AoC but that's personal choice (and the fact that it is easier to get over TED in my raid )

Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    Both are very good, depends what your playstyle is, if you have a FoF playstyle : AoC will be overall better, otherwise TED will take over
    There's no such thing as an FoF "playstyle." You'd have to somehow squeeze double the benefit of using FoF at all out of being able to use it ~20% more often which isn't even possible on most fights. It's not mathematically sound, just a bunch of speculation.

Heroic AoC vs Heroic RSC? I'm not really a huge fan of AoC, is it that big of an upgrade over RSC?

The Agi Procc alone makes it worth it...I feel you man, I've coined the hc warforged AOC and have to use it...at least till I get the heroic TED. :'(

Can anyone help me sim the new chi brew? I don't know what to prioritize now for my AMR stat weights. I've read here to go up to 11k haste, but I need to know the stat weight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hallsey View Post
    Can anyone help me sim the new chi brew? I don't know what to prioritize now for my AMR stat weights. I've read here to go up to 11k haste, but I need to know the stat weight for it.
    just put it below crit and above mastery, the exact weight doesnt really matter.

My question is will 540 Flexi tier pieces be Bis or will Ordos gear in those slots be the best way to go? For example I have the 540 tier chest and legs which is Bis according to the list but in order to use them for my 2pc bonus I have to replace my Ordos legs. After repeated dummy testing between the 2 sets my average dps for 5min runs came out to 170.4K with Ordos legs VS 167.3K with the tier 2pc bonus. I know that for normal mode or heroic mode raiders the Ordos gear wont be as big of a deal because their tier pieces will be more compareable in ilev. Those of us who are currently doing Flex as their endgame so to speak are greatly affected by the Ordos gear however since this gear will be the highest ilev gear we will most likely see as it is just short of heroic gear in ilev. It would be nice to see some of our awesome hardcore theroycrafters come up with some math or ideas as to which is actualy going to be bis for the Flex level and why.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ursola View Post
    My question is will 540 Flexi tier pieces be Bis or will Ordos gear in those slots be the best way to go? For example I have the 540 tier chest and legs which is Bis according to the list but in order to use them for my 2pc bonus I have to replace my Ordos legs. After repeated dummy testing between the 2 sets my average dps for 5min runs came out to 170.4K with Ordos legs VS 167.3K with the tier 2pc bonus. I know that for normal mode or heroic mode raiders the Ordos gear wont be as big of a deal because their tier pieces will be more compareable in ilev. Those of us who are currently doing Flex as their endgame so to speak are greatly affected by the Ordos gear however since this gear will be the highest ilev gear we will most likely see as it is just short of heroic gear in ilev. It would be nice to see some of our awesome hardcore theroycrafters come up with some math or ideas as to which is actualy going to be bis for the Flex level and why.
    I would go with the Ordos gear, the ilevel difference should make up for the ~2% increase from the 2pc.

If you're restricted to Flex then I would try and use OpenRaid for some Heroic ToT, the item level is very similar and its another place to get gear from during the week if you have the time.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

should i take a wf TED over a heroic wf AoC?

Quote Originally Posted by hallsey View Post
    should i take a wf TED over a heroic wf AoC?
    It'd be extremely close for DPS, should probably go with the AoC for the utility skill CDR.

So I think we're hearing a lot of paper math vs in game math. Are we looking at N or even WF TED with a higher priority than H AoC or H WF AoC? I don't wanna waste my coin this week on something I shouldn't get over another Agi user. I like the perks AoC gives but they aren't make or break.

How does Haromm's rank vs TED and AoC? and is H RSC still worth going back and getting?

My trinkets right now are Flex 0/2 AoC and LFR 2/2 TED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyy View Post
    So I think we're hearing a lot of paper math vs in game math. Are we looking at N or even WF TED with a higher priority than H AoC or H WF AoC? I don't wanna waste my coin this week on something I shouldn't get over another Agi user. I like the perks AoC gives but they aren't make or break.

How does Haromm's rank vs TED and AoC? and is H RSC still worth going back and getting?

My trinkets right now are Flex 0/2 AoC and LFR 2/2 TED
    If you have a choice between TED, Haromm's and AOC, then Haromm's and TED are better. However AoC is still better than ToT trinkets until you can get something better. I'd say likely a non-WF TED/Haromm's is probably better than a WF AoC. I have no math to back this up, just my interpretation of how good those trinket are. I personally have been rocking HWF AoC since the 2nd week of the tier and I love it, but I haven't gotten anything else to replace it so I'm holding onto it for as long as I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I'd say likely a non-WF TED/Haromm's is probably better than a WF AoC. I have no math to back this up, just my interpretation of how good those trinket are.
    No one has the math on it (at least solidly anyways) because it's extremely variable and dependent on both trinket usage and TEB usage (and also total amounts of TEB which includes haste and mastery levels) as well as varying per fight based on potential FoF usage. We know that Haromm's blows everything else out of the water because Multistrike is a purely percentage damage increase (2/2 LFR alone is a straight 4% damage increase for Multistrike), but TED and AoC comparisons are a lot harder.

If I had to wager a guess I'd say that AoC doesn't get better than TED until being a full tier higher (normal to heroic, WF to heroic WF) or 13 ilvls, largely based on just how awful the ICD proc is for TEB usage and WW in general, but at that point it would be safe to say the AoC is definitely better.

If I had to put definitive numbers on it I'd say:

Haromm's >>>>>>>>> TED = AoC + 10 ilvls > any ToT trinket of any ilvl > Sigil of Rampage

Deleted
    Hello guys! I cannot choose between 2h and 1h weapons. I hope you can help me. I have 2 heroic Softfoots Last Resort and heroic warforged Trident of Corrupted Waters
    Whats better for WW? Sorry I cannot link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blod001 View Post
    Hello guys! I cannot choose between 2h and 1h weapons. I hope you can help me. I have 2 heroic Softfoots Last Resort and heroic warforged Trident of Corrupted Waters
    Whats better for WW? Sorry I cannot link.
    At the same item level, 1H weapons are better.

Deleted
    It's not the same ilvl because the 2h weapon is warforged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blod001 View Post
    It's not the same ilvl because the 2h weapon is warforged.
    True, it does say that. Generally you'll want to go with 1H weapons unless the 2H is more than 7 item levels above the average of your 1H. I think in this case you'd want to go with the 1H weapons. This assumes that you're not over capping hit/exp with either item because then the stats are wasted.

Deleted
    Thanks for the fast answer.

Yeah it's very close between heroic and heroic WF, just be careful with the massive amounts of hit and expertise on each weapon. I'd keep the Trident in your bank somewhere in case you happen to get gear upgrades that have hit that would push you way over because of the fist weapons' hit.