Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

How Is This Acceptable? (Nighttime)

Image on the left is vanilla, with worse textures, yet looks far better. Why did they change the night setting? And why isn't it already back to the way it used to be?

Deleted
    Because of the vast number of entitled scrubs who think they had a right to play at nighttime as if it was daytime maybe.
    You're right, the right side picture IS inacceptable.

I am asking the same thing for long time now and on official forums...Not only the night-time is far better but also the old azeroth is much more beautiful than the new
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many pedestrians were getting run over.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, if WoW actually had any sort of variation in content based on day/night cycles - I could understand them changing it. But it doesn't,
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Looking at the castle in the background I wouldn't say the modern picture is not at the same graphic setting. And shadows seem lower too.

Also the vanilla one is seems like it has anti aliasing with the modern one not being that. And turn down contrast or gamma, this is far too much.
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2013-11-19 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn down your gamma, I always do that. =)
    "It is fortunate
    to be favored
    with praise and popularity.
    It is dire luck
    to be dependent
    on the feelings of your fellow man."

when they changed it, it was almost didnt notice but the comparison from then to now is truely saddening to be quite honest.

The real reason is they got a lot of complaints from people who could only play at night and didn't like that they had to play the game in constant darkness.

I really wish there could be some option though. I preferred when night actually looked like night.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    You know, if WoW actually had any sort of variation in content based on day/night cycles - I could understand them changing it. But it doesn't,
    Some pets only come out at night!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ew.. looks like they just pretty much turned off the lighting for it (or lack of) entirely and just left it up to the sky to give the illusion of night. :\ Kinda weird to bother with imo... if it affected loading times I could see opting to cut back on that, but I don't think darkness like that, esp since it hides so much detail, would be a case for cutting it back/out.

Honestly the little details like that were one of the things that hooked me when I did the old 10 day trial... When I realized it had turned into night and sounded different, it was so cool.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-11-19 at 09:44 PM.

Why not make nighttime darkness a slider?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    The real reason is they got a lot of complaints from people who could only play at night and didn't like that they had to play the game in constant darkness.
    Like I said, we have to endure this just because of self-entitled scrubs. I do not think they deserve the right to be called "people" after having inflicted this upon us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Too many pedestrians were getting run over.
    way to many....

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Like I said, we have to endure this just because of self-entitled scrubs. I do not think they deserve the right to be called "people" after having inflicted this upon us.
    Ever had to work a job where you went in when it was dark and came home when it was dark? A little light goes pretty far for some people.

Sigh, why isn't it an option yet? Darker Night time: Yes/No

Guess it's too hard...

The Azeroth Utitlity Board infrastructure couldn't cope with all the house lights coming on at night so they thought that by making the dark brighter they could run the Father Winter lights without any brownouts. It hasn't seemed to work though - the house on the right of the shot still seems to have the same Watt bulbs in.

Orgrimmar is probably the worst offender of all, it's horrible.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

It is not acceptable.

Hopefully they'll change it for WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you, but if I turn down my gamma in WoW it looks similar to the left picture.
    "It is fortunate
    to be favored
    with praise and popularity.
    It is dire luck
    to be dependent
    on the feelings of your fellow man."