Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Because of the vast number of entitled scrubs who think they had a right to play at nighttime as if it was daytime maybe.
    You're right, the right side picture IS inacceptable.
    So what's really the difference here? One set of entitled scrubs (as you called it) wanted it to be brighter, another set of scrubs cries on the forums about it not being dark enough. One side won, the other side is still crying over spilled milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    The real reason is they got a lot of complaints from people who could only play at night and didn't like that they had to play the game in constant darkness.
    This is false.

It changed because Blizzard revamped the lighting and shadow system in Cataclysm, and needed to raise the ambient lighting to make the new shadow system work.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    What is this, I don't even. There are leveling zones for all levels on both (Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms) continents. And how is this any different than now as far as other continents?
    Everyone has zones they like better/know better. It would be different because the lighting would be changed. If it's darker, some people aren't going to like it, but they'll still want to quest in their favorite zones. It seems like a minor change, especially with how often you'll actually be in these zones.

Unless you're unsubscribed, you're accepting it, making it acceptable. Also, there at 7 million people that find it acceptable. It's on thing to state your opinion and ask for improvements, but it's another to speak in hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Image on the left is vanilla, with worse textures, yet looks far better. Why did they change the night setting? And why isn't it already back to the way it used to be?

The water in the river is different as well. Is that a product of cataclysm and changes for flying?

Quote Originally Posted by crossfella View Post
    Unless you're unsubscribed, you're accepting it, making it acceptable. Also, there at 7 million people that find it acceptable. It's on thing to state your opinion and ask for improvements, but it's another to speak in hyperbole.
    Just because you think one aspect of a game is "not acceptable" doesn't mean you hate the game as a whole.

I REALLY want to have darker nights with at least a slider option, yet I still play the game.

Just because you subscribe doesn't mean you agree with every option Blizzard take, if such was the case there'd be about 40 players left

Because perverts were jumping out of the shrubberies and flashed unsuspecting children near goldshire at night.
    Now, with the new and improved not-so-dark nighttime, these predators are only found in the goldshire inn.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-11-19 at 10:38 PM.

Like I said, we have to endure this just because of self-entitled scrubs. I do not think they deserve the right to be called "people" after having inflicted this upon us.
    So they are selfentitled because they wanted enjoyable play and you're not for insulting them and acting like it was some attack against you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    because they wanted enjoyable play
    At the expense of 9 million other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Ever had to work a job where you went in when it was dark and came home when it was dark? A little light goes pretty far for some people.
    Maybe those people should find another way to deal with their problem and not ruin the game for so many others? It's sickening behavior, how the hell can you defend it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So they are selfentitled because they wanted enjoyable play and you're not for insulting them and acting like it was some attack against you?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Deleted
    I for one would really love a vastly darker night, say a 500%ish reduced vision.

A slider would be best though, so I can have my black nights and others can have their illuminated nights. Thats if Blizzards puts in the effort, which I doubt since they got so many things on their hands, but it would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand, does anyone actually want lighter nights? Is it really that hard to see? I don't get it.

Deleted
    I forgot how AWESOME WoW was at night! Bring back the real night!

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprisingly, I really miss this. I remember seeing it getting darker ingame and thinking how cool it was that the time is represented, it also adds a bit of an atmosphere to the game since everywhere looks different. Something so simple but has a big effect. I agree, hopefully they bring this back.

Personally, and this is a hardcore opinion, but I'd really like a version of the night where you can't see anything unless you are carrying around a travel lantern (and with that only a couple dozen feet around you).

Deleted
    wasn't there a petition about bringing night time back that got a lot of support behind it? whatever happened to that?

Like I said, we have to endure this just because of self-entitled scrubs. I do not think they deserve the right to be called "people" after having inflicted this upon us.
    Self entitled scrubs? Is that the pot talking to the kettle?

All of my play time in BC was night in game, because it's an online world, not a conventional rpg where you get day and night. It was shit. Old nights looked shit and even on max settings everything just looked like dark blobs up close. People used to complain about it on the forums with no defenders. Now we have the next generation of entitled little whiners who didn't have to look at that shit the first time around saying they've been deprived of something "good".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    The real reason is they got a lot of complaints from people who could only play at night and didn't like that they had to play the game in constant darkness.
    I think this seems the most likely reason.

But I'm wondering, they may have gotten some complaints about people who could only play at night time. But what about the SHITLOAD of complaints they get from other players who just don't like that they removed it? I think the latter actually complain a LOT more and yet Blizzard does f*ck all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by feellucky View Post
    The water in the river is different as well. Is that a product of cataclysm and changes for flying?
    They updated the water effects in Cata. If you turn your water all the way down it'll look like the original water. As far as I know updating the water had nothing to do with flying, it was just an improvement to the engine.