Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unborn Val'kyr Advice?

Hi all. Been trying to find this pet for quite some time, and hoping if anyone's experience can help. My questions are:

Are there spawn points that spawn it more often? What is the spawn time? Some say 5 min to many hours, so hoping they have narrowed it down :P

I have setup my pet journal to not show uncollected pets and I deleted my cache many times. When I manually enter the NPC on NPCscan, it says it is already cached... Is it already in the alerts and which tab is located under?

The pets I have in lineup are a lvl 22 Anubisath Idol, lvl 22 Rare Fluxfire Feline, and a lvl 21 Rare Fel Flame, is that ok?

Everyone's help is much appreciated

Camp spawnpoints in Howling Fjord, you won't get a lot of competition there and it has three of spawns located near each other.
    Best way to camp it is to park there your alt and just log onto him from time to time when you have nothing else to do (i.e. waiting in que, having a raid break or else).
    Alt should have at least 280% flying just for no accident left, and it is good if it is a DK also.
    Log in immediately if world/zone servers are crushing, sometimes pets are respawning after servers are back up.
    Valkyr has an ability to kill herself, making her untameable, it destroyed a lot of nerves for some people, so grow up cohones and prepare for some bad news. Sacrificing some gnomes by drowning them in Dalaran pool also helps a lot in defeating catch RNG. Having a maximum level of a trap is a musthave too.
    Get your upgrade stone ready, chances to get a blue one are almost equal to chances of winning a million in lottery.
    And try not to yell too loud when you finally get one; I used to awoke my wife and my moment of joy was utterly destroyed by the quarrel that was followed by

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I cant for the life of me find one either. Super annoying.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

15+ Year Old Account
    I found two, once I was searching for it and was flying over spawn points, the other time I had logged out at a spawn and managed to grab her when I logged on.

Make sure to have NPCscan running. I wouldn't bank on a single spawn point but for some that might work. Don't skip any spawn points either, but howling fjord might be the best bet for zone camps though !
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-11-20 at 09:02 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    I got very lucky with mine during a sweep of the spawn points, so all I can say from personal experience is stick with it and keep moving. A guild mate of mine parked several of his alts (he does have a LOT) in each of the zones in Northrend and that saves some time with flying about.

If your NPCScan is showing it as already cached then you have to remove that from your wow cache and it will start detecting it again for you. You do this by navigating to your WoW installation folder and going into Cache/WDB/<local folder> (mine is called enGB) and deleting the file called creaturecache. this is perfectly safe to do as all that is is a cached record of every creature you have seen in wow. NPCScan uses this file to detect 'new' rares you may not have found yet, so deleting it refreshes NPCScan. You won't do any harm to your WoW install by deleting it either as WoW simply creates a new, blank creaturecache next time you log.

Good luck in your hunt, she's an amazing pet and very handy in the Celestial Tournament.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwolff View Post
    Hi all. Been trying to find this pet for quite some time, and hoping if anyone's experience can help. My questions are:

Are there spawn points that spawn it more often? What is the spawn time? Some say 5 min to many hours, so hoping they have narrowed it down :P

I have setup my pet journal to not show uncollected pets and I deleted my cache many times. When I manually enter the NPC on NPCscan, it says it is already cached... Is it already in the alerts and which tab is located under?

The pets I have in lineup are a lvl 22 Anubisath Idol, lvl 22 Rare Fluxfire Feline, and a lvl 21 Rare Fel Flame, is that ok?

Everyone's help is much appreciated
    I got mine by a mix of checking spawn points and leaving an alt at one in Icecrown Logged in after finishing raids/instances and it was there.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Thank you all for your help. Howling Fjord ended up being the spot and she spawned this early am . Thank you all for your help or else I wouldn't have gotten this pet! Unfortunately my npcscan did not go off, so for those of you still looking, don't rely solely on that... keep checking the green paw-prints just to make sure.

Make sure you don't open your pet journal with NPCScan on, or else it'd be found and you'd need to erase your cache again.
    Hi! I play a hunter. .

Log in just after rolling restarts if they're early AM and do a route of the spawn points, you'll get one easily. I found two this way.

I have seen 3 in the Spawn point by ICC. Just get the Tom Tom Coords and fly around for an hour or 2 and bam you will have a pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patience, or perhaps some x-realm buddies... the latter is a useful tip for any rare - be it pet or mob, espcially if you have a buddy on a dead realm.

I put each of my 10 alts at one spawn point, at least one per zone and would just check occasionally. Literally only took a few days and I found her in the middle of howling fjord, hit her hard with kunlai run and prayed a trap would land before she died (again) and grabbed her. Gray quality but ill use a stone

I've found 2 of them in Grizzly Hills. I suggest just flying to the different spawn points. I've tried the whole camping a single spawn point and it just wasn't working for me. I've found 3 in total just flying over the spot where they spawn and looking for the little green paw on the mini map. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    If people are still having troubles finding the pet on a busier/crzed server, can message me, I have level 90s on both alliance and horde on a dead server (EU) that is not crzed with anything (rp realm) so would be more than happy to give you an invite for capturing it
    Last edited by Snaige; 2013-12-09 at 07:47 PM. Reason: OOps forgot to write ''EU''

Snaige, I'd love to take you up on your offer! Unfortunately I don't think I can send PMs here yet (Lurker)

Also, I've heard that if you have an add-on that lets you read the Unborn Val'kyr's moveset, forfeit and battle her again to re-randomize her move-set. Just make sure she has Haunt instead of Unholy Ascension.
    Last edited by heyitsqi; 2013-12-09 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone else still reading this and needing help:

Get a friend. Or 2. Circle all of Northrend's spawn points in opposite directions. Have your friend start a battle with it if they find one first, and forfeit when you get to them.

Super handy. It's what I did.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be... "That guy"... but I kind of just got a low pop server friend to invite me and I found two. One used Haunt on me and killed itself - the other I caught before it died.

I had no idea it was that difficult to catch... >_> Man I feel lucky.

I was going to ask, wouldnt it be easy if you had cross realm friends to just join parties back n forth through servers?

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Camp spawnpoints in Howling Fjord, you won't get a lot of competition there and it has three of spawns located near each other.
    Best way to camp it is to park there your alt and just log onto him from time to time when you have nothing else to do (i.e. waiting in que, having a raid break or else).
    Alt should have at least 280% flying just for no accident left, and it is good if it is a DK also.
    Log in immediately if world/zone servers are crushing, sometimes pets are respawning after servers are back up.
    Valkyr has an ability to kill herself, making her untameable, it destroyed a lot of nerves for some people, so grow up cohones and prepare for some bad news. Sacrificing some gnomes by drowning them in Dalaran pool also helps a lot in defeating catch RNG. Having a maximum level of a trap is a musthave too.
    Get your upgrade stone ready, chances to get a blue one are almost equal to chances of winning a million in lottery.
    And try not to yell too loud when you finally get one; I used to awoke my wife and my moment of joy was utterly destroyed by the quarrel that was followed by
    You know u can easily avoid her using unholy by forfeiting and rematch it. IT will swap the third skill to haunt just check to see if it swap skill. It works for me.
    Last edited by Thirstblood; 2013-12-14 at 11:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    first of all, get this cute little vegetable : http://www.wowhead.com/npc=63365

because of his weakening blow ability, this one is the best pets to capture a pet alive.

then, check the spawn locations from various sites, and camp them.

alternatively, if you are really after this pet no matter what, level a dk in a moderate ( not low, they have huge crz nowadays ) pve server, or even a rp server.

then do the 3rd part. good luck with the catch. i caught mine in moonglade rp server on the day they introduced the pet, and i wasnt even camping or anything. so worths a shot.