Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post

Yep. They are. They're all just lies, photoshop and .. oh wait, sometimes you really and truly end up in an LFR where ALL THINGS FAIL (mind you, that is not my screenshot - I never took one from any of the failtard groups that I joined, although now that I think of it I should have).
    That still doesn't compare to what he's claiming. 13 consecutive and different groups continually wiping to trash/1st boss is a bit far fetched.

And again, chances are, if it IS true, he was probably causing the issues leading to said wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternategray View Post
    The thing is, unlike Throne of Thunder LFR, where runs started out rough-ish and then generally improved over time, SoO is getting worse. A lot worse compared to the first couple weeks it was out. Part of that is the increase in difficulty in wings, but I've seen way more wipes in the first wing lately than in the first week it was out. Doesn't make sense.
    People have either cleared SoO once and stopped raiding for the expansion, or they've moved on to Flex.

My main was ilvl 523 coming into 5.4, having only done LFR (and world bosses) in the previous tier, and without the wrathion cloak. He ended up running Wing 1 of SoO LFR just twice, and no other wing there, and is now at ilvl 554 from Flex, Normal, Celestials, Ordos, and crafted items. He has very little reason to run SoO LFR again.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    And again, chances are, if it IS true, he was probably causing the issues leading to said wipes.
    Mind you, I'm not saying he's not exaggerating - I'm just saying there are some really, really horrible LFR groups out there that might actually fail on some bosses - although I wouldn't expect them to fail things other than maybe Lei Shen or Garrosh (and maybe a few times on Nazgrim)

Deleted
    Currently not subscribed, but in ToT LFR and the tier before that LFR threads usually wind down after said 2 month period, but to actually read that SoO LFR is getting worse by the week is, both fantastic and just sad.

Why sad?
    Because it shows part of what has become of the WoW community and to see players only decrease in skill after an entire xpac for LFR is just laughable and sad.
    Why fantastic?
    If we look at it overall, it seems that more and more people are leaving Trashcan mode for Flex and Normal, showing that there is no need for LFR so that it might be removed one day. I hope people will adapt to the flexible sizes of Normal and Heroic coming WoD so that no true WoW player has to enter the trashcan in order to get loot.

And about the weekend thing, it's the time of the week that the "people with a life" have "spare time" and can finally defile WoW once again. Just go after reset, it is the best time.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    to actually read that SoO LFR is getting worse by the week is, both fantastic and just sad.

Why sad?
    Because it shows part of what has become of the WoW community and to see players only decrease in skill after an entire xpac for LFR is just laughable and sad.
    Okay. Laugh and cry if you want (seems weird you have any emotions attached to a game you don't play) but surely you understand that SoO LFR could get worse because good players are moving on to Flex and more new players are coming in to attempt LFR runs, right? It's not that the same players are "decreasing in skill." It's just a different group of people with generally less gear, less class experience and less LFR experience so of course there's going to be a drop-off after the initial rush when everyone, even N/H raiders are running LFR for the first couple weeks.

Why fantastic?
    If we look at it overall, it seems that more and more people are leaving Trashcan mode for Flex and Normal, showing that there is no need for LFR so that it might be removed one day.
    I bet you know that's not going to happen. Surely you know that, right? LFR has been hugely successful in doing exactly what it was designed to do and there's exactly 0% chance they will "remove it one day." If they do, it will be to replace it with something else that accomplishes the same goal.

I hope people will adapt to the flexible sizes of Normal and Heroic coming WoD so that no true WoW player has to enter the trashcan in order to get loot.
    Why do you give a flying fuck what other people do? Seriously. How does it matter one fucking tiny little iota to you that players you don't know are doing something you don't do for loot you don't care about? The only reason it effects you in any way is because you waste time thinking about it.

And about the weekend thing, it's the time of the week that the "people with a life" have "spare time" and can finally defile WoW once again.
    Oh, BS. I have a full time job, two kids, and workout an hour each day. My kids are in bed by 9:00 and I can easily put in 1-3 hours on an average weeknight. More than enough for two LFR wings.

Every LFR I've been in has had 90% of the heal to purify adds on Immersus not get healed. Like the damage adds are never an issue maybe 1-2 reach him max on the first split, but I've never seen all of them get healed much less even close to half of them. So yes wipes on Immersus are not rare.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    Yea i'm gonna be calling bullshit on this.
    I don't have time to do LFR except on the weekends. Sometimes monday even. I've never killed spoils on LFR. I tend to rage quit after a few hours and 6 stacks or so.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we look at it overall, it seems that more and more people are leaving Trashcan mode for Flex and Normal, showing that there is no need for LFR so that it might be removed one day. I hope people will adapt to the flexible sizes of Normal and Heroic coming WoD so that no true WoW player has to enter the trashcan in order to get loot.
    People making comments like this don't understand that the participation in LFR is something like 5-10 times greater than participation in all other forms of raiding combined.

It's true, there is no need for LFR if you want 80-90% of the people who are currently experiencing raid content to stop experiencing it. That would probably mean Blizzard would abandon designing raid content due to the expense and unpopularity of it. Hope that's what everyone wants, right?

Yes, it would be great it we could all love one another and be friends in 10 and 25 man groups. But that's just not how it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I don't have time to do LFR except on the weekends. Sometimes monday even. I've never killed spoils on LFR. I tend to rage quit after a few hours and 6 stacks or so.
    I do LFR "whenever" and I can't say that I have found the "Tuesday good Weekend bad" to be true. Maybe in USA Pacific time, there are fewer terrible groups than some other people are reporting. EU could be a whole different story, but my experience with LFR is that it ranges from great to not great, and is rarely if ever truly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    People making comments like this don't understand that the participation in LFR is something like 5-10 times greater than participation in all other forms of raiding combined.
    What is this source for this statistic?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    Sad to see what has become of the wow raiding community I agree.
    LFR is NOT part of the wow raiding community.
    Atleast, id hope people dont think it actually is =/

Like I said. It all goes back to their decision to merge 10 and 25 and make 10 man the same relative difficulty.

The 10/25 merge was a solution looking for a problem, and hoonanny it found a problem alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    By first boss you are talking about Immerseus, right?

I find it extremely unlikely that you'd wipe 13 times to this boss, regardless of staying in the same group or changing groups. The only wipes on Immerseus are usually due to premature pulls in which either there are no healers, no tanks, or people haven't yet spread around the platforms. As far as the actual boss goes, it's very rare to have a wipe there.

Now if by first boss you meant to say "first boss of wing 2" or "first boss of wing 4", I'd buy it. Despite being easy, there are tons of wipes on them on bad days (weekends come to mind). But on Immerseus, even on bad days, people rarely wipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

What do you mean "first boss"? Which queue?

And yeah, you really want to LFR early in the week if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    P.S: I've spent over a thousand gold on repairs, without any loot to show for it. Lesson learned: never LFR on weekends.
    Welcome to raiding

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    What is this source for this statistic?
    Pretty much every comment Blizzard has ever made regarding the subject, along with every statistic you can glean from external sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    They have nerfed LFR so much that instead of becoming easy, the players have reached critical badness.
    This made LOL. Critical badness. Now thats the way to describe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Had a "fun" LFR last night.

We wiped on Galakras as the tank n spank group on the ground could not deal with the adds while the tower group I was in was fine. NP we get him down on 2nd go. Doing Iron juggernaught some fool ninja pulls (it became a recurring theme) most of the raid was moving to the boss and were stuck outside the area. Shamans was a 1 shot, and good old Nazgrim had a few ninja pulls.

Best bit was we wiped to due enrage timer. One person in the raid commented on how 3 people were sub 50k DPS. Normally I don't mind too much but we just wiped TWICE to enrage timer, 3 people were only dpsing Nazgrim (100% damage done to him). One of those people started flaming when they got called out by another raid member. I thought fuck it not only are you causing us problems by not following tactics AND doing shit dps you are also flaming and insulting others? Boom vote kick.

his buddy started raging at me in PMs (he was in the raid) We vote kicked that guy too. It was funny as the guy who was flaming me for his friend being kicked kept going BUT ITS LFR! Yes it is LFR and i don't want someone who 1) doesnt care about tactics and causes the other 23 members problems (normally 24!) 2) has a bad attitude and flames/insults people. If you can't act like an adult in this raid then I don't want to help you.

Got flamed again by said muppet after that and I quickly reminded him my queues are instant and the only reason I have not left is because the remainder of the raid would have to wait for a new tank and it would be unfair to punish them because hes being an ass. Also reminded him that as a DPS you can be replaced without a 2nd thought while a healer/tank takes longer. Raid agreed and didnt want this toxic poosader in our raid.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even doubt you OP I have some sympathy for people who run LFR personally lol

... Well maybe not ahahah.

Rolled into SoO LFR, did the first two wings. One-shotted everything except Galakras and Nazgrim, both of which were two-shotted. One guy was discovered AFK and promptly booted. Everyone was polite enough. Pretty sure most of the forum baww around here is sour grapes from dipshit hardcores.

Why fantastic?
    And lo, the poopsock fantasy of "I bet they're going to remove LFR any minute!" entered into Year Two.

If one of your groups fail, they're the failures.

If all your groups fail, maybe you're the failure.