Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I guess thats somewhat true in the first part.

No wait, its all true. The only PvP I currently play in league, and in a full 5v5 fight I don't really pay attention to any of my allies. My enemies only. Even then its usually if they're out of the fight & if they die or get a kill. Other than that I focus on myself.

My problem is right now I just can't find a class that suits my playstyle and the problem is. I don't know what my playstyle is. I like playing ranged characters or want to try it more than anything, my main role in league is mage because I like using abilities as my main source of damage doing high burst. In WoW & Rift I was a healer main, but that doesn't really exist in gw2.

So its hard to pin point the playstyle.

I've tried the warrior, its decently fun, but I don't like being up in the face kind of playstyle even with a longbow it just doesn't feel right.

I tried guardian as I said, but as 'holy knight-ish' as it is like a paladin which is kind of what I like in general fantasy, it didn't bode well with me.

I also tried elementalist including d/d and I was REALLY REALLY squishy, it was incredible. I couldn't handle it, my escape was by near none even with dodges.

I tried ranger and I didn't like relying on my pet as much as I need to. The ranger style was alright to me, but the pets annoyed me, especially in PvP. Perhaps that type of micro management was difficult for me.

And my most recent mesmer is alright, I like the idea of it, but if its not going to be rewarding in the end then I have no interest.

Epidemic...

Then I would suggest Engineer, since they are a bit underplayed. Everyone hates and fears fighting a Mesmer. They are one of the more notorious classes. They do qualify as strong in all aspects of the game, but they aren't underrated. Maybe a bit underplayed because they take longer to reach "fun time" for some people, but not underrated.

Engineer has less people play it and has less people understand how awesome it can be. With that in mind, it may also be the most challenging class to play masterfully.

The Mesmer will be something different from what you are used to though, if you really are looking for a new concept.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Then I would suggest Engineer, since they are a bit underplayed. Everyone hates and fears fighting a Mesmer. They are one of the more notorious classes. They do qualify as strong in all aspects of the game, but they aren't underrated. Maybe a bit underplayed because they take longer to reach "fun time" for some people, but not underrated.

Engineer has less people play it and has less people understand how awesome it can be. With that in mind, it may also be the most challenging class to play masterfully.

The Mesmer will be something different from what you are used to though, if you really are looking for a new concept.
    I'll give both a good try until about 30, by then I think I would have a good concept of how it works.

Inb4 zomg max level u know nuthin!

Just as a warning: Some people say the Mesmer takes until level 40 to start clicking. However, you can take any class into the spvp lobby and test out all skills. The key thing with Mesmer is gaining access to certain traits and certain utility skills. The Mesmer has access to unique abilities and greater access to certain abilities.

Unique Mes Stuff:
    Clones
    Portals
    Time Warp

Stuff the Mes has Increased Access to:
    Stealth for self and group
    Interrupts
    Confusion
    Reflects
    "blinks"

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Just as a warning: Some people say the Mesmer takes until level 40 to start clicking. However, you can take any class into the spvp lobby and test out all skills. The key thing with Mesmer is gaining access to certain traits and certain utility skills. The Mesmer has access to unique abilities and greater access to certain abilities.

Unique Mes Stuff:
    Clones
    Portals
    Time Warp

Stuff the Mes has Increased Access to:
    Stealth for self and group
    Interrupts
    Confusion
    Reflects
    "blinks"
    I'm not gonna lie the engineer is unique. I forgot I could dink around with them at 80 sorta at least see their skills & how they work.

Its an interesting profession to say the least, I don't think it fits my play style unfortunately. Its almost a little overwhelming, but it is unique.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna go ahead & give engin another shot. I tried the other classes in heart of the mists & dueled with the little AI professions they have there & roamed around mindlessly using abilities and engin had so much depth to it.

Its unfortunate its not one of the most recognized best professions for Structured pvp or possibly WvW (I have no idea about this, haven't payed much attention to it lately).

But I really loved the concept of having my normal kit, plus having grenade kit, plus bomb kit, plus flamethrower, and eventually when I get it my charr elite skill the charzooka. So I think if I stick to it I'll eventually like it & master it :3

Can only hope. If anyone is on stormbluff isle & wants to halp a newbie don't hesitate =)

Deleted
    You can also hop in the PVP area and try out any class you like. In Pvp you already have all the traits and skills available for your toon. I think that can help you in your search for a class you feel comfortable with - instead of having to level up to find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engi is actually really strong in WvW, both for large scale battles and for solo roaming. For big battles their aoe is amazing and I swear they are dam near indestructible as solo roamers. They will harass you to death, keep you in combat forever, keep white swords on your supply camps and you can't kill or catch them rofl, they just run off block block block block.

Haven't been keeping up with the structured PvP meta but last I looked they were on every team.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Engi is actually really strong in WvW, both for large scale battles and for solo roaming. For big battles their aoe is amazing and I swear they are dam near indestructible as solo roamers. They will harass you to death, keep you in combat forever, keep white swords on your supply camps and you can't kill or catch them rofl, they just run off block block block block.

Haven't been keeping up with the structured PvP meta but last I looked they were on every team.
    Interesting, that gives me some good self esteem with my pick.

I played it in both the pvp area last night & leveled some. Its a different concept.

My favorite part besides having basically 5 different weapons to swap to once I have them unlocked, is the fact my utility skills affect my tool belt...if thats what its even called?

For example if I have my heal ability elixir H, I can toss one and give 1 of the 3 random boons to an ally or myself. Its really flexible. I feel as though I can fill almost any role, which honestly with my alt-oholic nature in WoW is something really positive for me.