Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Am I the only one not seeing the pics?
    same /char
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Just because you think one aspect of a game is "not acceptable" doesn't mean you hate the game as a whole.

I REALLY want to have darker nights with at least a slider option, yet I still play the game.

Just because you subscribe doesn't mean you agree with every option Blizzard take, if such was the case there'd be about 40 players left
    You're obviously confused about what the word "unacceptable" means. If it's unacceptable, it won't be accepted. If you keep playing the game, you're accepting the fact that night isn't that dark and playing anyway. I'm not saying night looks good, I just think hyperbole is dumb.

Pics are gone in op ..

Quote Originally Posted by crossfella View Post
    You're obviously confused about what the word "unacceptable" means. If it's unacceptable, it won't be accepted. If you keep playing the game, you're accepting the fact that night isn't that dark and playing anyway. I'm not saying night looks good, I just think hyperbole is dumb.
    No, thats not how it works at all.

The game being unacceptable because of the lighting....
    is entirely different from the lighting being unacceptable.

All frogs hop, not all hoppers are frogs.

I'd loooove to see Durotar at the level of night where the red dirt and rocks look more blue. I don't actually know if it works like that, but for some reason I have this memory of red rocks looking blue in the right level of light.

I had never heard of a single person complaining about it being dark at night during vanilla, and I lived in Japan when I was playing vanilla... so it was always night during the day for me, and I mostly played with aussies (this was before oceanic servers were a thing) and nobody ever bitched.

It seems to be a decision Blizzard made on their own, one that most people didn't even really seem to notice until recently.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not usually one for the "Vanilla was better!" hijinks, but in this case I think the OP clearly has it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I had never heard of a single person complaining about it being dark at night during vanilla, and I lived in Japan when I was playing vanilla... so it was always night during the day for me, and I mostly played with aussies (this was before oceanic servers were a thing) and nobody ever bitched.

It seems to be a decision Blizzard made on their own, one that most people didn't even really seem to notice until recently.
    Im pretty sure, like mentioned previously, that the only complaint about the day / night cycle was because of how it was in real time; such that people that played at night, only saw night, and those that played in the morning only saw daylight. I never understood why it wasnt on a much shorter cycle, like in previous games such as DAOC. If I remember correctly though, blizzard didnt like the idea of faster cycles because it felt "jarring" to the player to go from day to night and back within an hour. Again though, this is blizzard 2005 talking about how they percieve the players enjoying their content, rather than...I dunno....letting the players voice how they enjoy their content and basing it on that.

Im glad they dont do that anymore...... ^.^ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Orgrimmar is probably the worst offender of all, it's horrible.
    I know the constant orange is headache inducing, I used to actually like being there at night since the colour tone 'cools down' and felt colder and less obtrusive.

NOW though I cannot stand to be in Orgrimmar unless I have to be. As you can tell I fucking hated Cataclysm for this reason. The shrine is a welcome reprieve.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

This really does seem like something that should be a client side graphic option.

In the Beta there were lanterns, and light mattered I guess.

There are actually graphics mods that can help recapture some of that glory.

You should use Imageshack instead of 4chan.

15+ Year Old Account
    They've explained this before. The nights became brighter at the same time they implemented the new lighting engine in... either Cataclysm or Mists, I forget. The one that added procedural shadows for the entire environment, which I believe is an ultra setting. Anyway, the night time lighting conflicted with the procedural shadows and made them look weird, or something like that.

They've started work on fixing it. They were going to do a limited test run in 5.4, in Stormwind, Orgrimmar, and the Vale, but they seemingly put it on hold, perhaps until Warlords of Draenor.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-11-20 at 04:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Why not make nighttime darkness a slider?
    THis. Is there any reason NOT to give us this option? It seems like common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Like I said, we have to endure this just because of self-entitled scrubs. I do not think they deserve the right to be called "people" after having inflicted this upon us.
    Or could it be that elitists are deciding their preferences should be forced upon everyone, and will whine endlessly when they are not.
    Pot calling the kettle black.

Here you are complaining that your preferences should be the norm, but are complaining when those of someone else are forced upon you.
    Talk about hypocritical.

Whatever the effect, it is not going to suit everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It gets dark at 5 here now with daylight savings but the day/night cycles didn't change in game. I want my money back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I'm not usually one for the "Vanilla was better!" hijinks, but in this case I think the OP clearly has it right.
    Even thought, you know, it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    This is false.

It changed because Blizzard revamped the lighting and shadow system in Cataclysm, and needed to raise the ambient lighting to make the new shadow system work.
    You just added another reason in my list of why cataclysm sucked and ruined the game...pandaria also made things worse..hope WoD will fix some of the issues.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

still can't see picture in OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    The real reason is they got a lot of complaints from people who could only play at night and didn't like that they had to play the game in constant darkness.
    /cue next expansion where the Alliance's hometown will be in PERPETUAL NIGHTTIME.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.