Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by hellrider View Post

Any recomendations are welcome
    Any chance this can be downloaded anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    Hi man
    The UI looks awesome, but.. You're playing the wrong class- Would be so much easier if you we're monk

Anywho.. It looks awesome, although I'm not personally a fan of the mana bar at the side(I assume the bar above mana tide is infact your mana bar). The look and the way it works, I could get used to. But placement is, imo, way to far from focus point on the screen.

Something I'd like to see would be some work on bigwigs; bars, positions..
    Other than that, nothing comes to mind..

I hope you're gonna do 20m mythic in the coming expansion?
    Update
    Not done yet but its better already right? I much prefer the mana bar where it is now.
    Will post a new vid soon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    [IMG]

Some slight changes (again) from my previous UI. At this point I'm basically only moving things slightly x/y and screwing around with WeakAuras, I'm really enjoying the layout though and will probably stick with it. I realise my debuffs are ever so slightly larger than my buffs and my boss frames could do with a bit of tweaking. I might change the way my buffs are layed out as well. In fact that whole upper right corner is a cluster**** and I should get it fixed <_<. Pretty happy with it so far, I've been getting quite a bit of interest from people about my UI through PMs but it's kind of hard to release something publicly as it's always changing on my end. Maybe one day when I've finally settled on something and it's "perfect" I could release it officially.
    Looks great, frantik! I've been looking for something similar to this for some time. I am currently using Skullflower's edit of ElvUI, which is somewhat similar. What addon are you using to create the chatframe panel? - if you don't mind me asking :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aretnap View Post
    Looks great, frantik! I've been looking for something similar to this for some time. I am currently using Skullflower's edit of ElvUI, which is somewhat similar. What addon are you using to create the chatframe panel? - if you don't mind me asking :-)
    I use KGPanels to do the chat and skada backgrounds. I would really like for there to be an option in ElvUI that let's you use the chat backdrops without the "tab bar" on top, but alas there is none and I had to use another addon to do that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I remember finding your blog awhile ago somehow. Really nice UIs, particularly the Priest. It's so clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    These are all extremely cool, I'm a fan of minimalism, especially with pixel fonts and these are just super awesome. Makes me kinda sad that you only post the addons you used and not the actual UI because sometimes recreating a work of art is near impossible! Really good work
    Thanks! I will probably be including my SavedVariables folder with future posts, since I've found a convenient way of doing that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    LF C&C again.

Druid UI
    <snip>
    The placement of the bars on the right (cooldowns, I assume) seems a little arbitrary - are they lined up with anything, horizontally or vertically? Could they be? Same with the tooltip.

If http://i.imgur.com/46RhGFl.png is your own castbar, do you need the text on it? I usually have it disabled on account of that I know what I'm casting, and if you disabled the text you could move those icons down a bit. Are those icons cooldowns, too, by the way? How many groups of cooldown timers do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    I'm thinking about adding the skin directly into BigWigs so you don't need ElvUI or the skin pack, we'll see how it goes next time I'm looking for something to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Yes please!
    If you're feeling brave you can try the latest BW alpha which has the Elv style without the requirement of having ElvUI or the skinning addon. It took me a few hours digging into the ElvUI code but I'm hoping the style looks exact same as the one provided by the skinning addon, whether the user is using Elv or not. The style in BW will overwrite the style provided by the Elv skinning addon so it's important it looks the same.
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Thanks! I will probably be including my SavedVariables folder with future posts, since I've found a convenient way of doing that now.

The placement of the bars on the right (cooldowns, I assume) seems a little arbitrary - are they lined up with anything, horizontally or vertically? Could they be? Same with the tooltip.

If http://i.imgur.com/46RhGFl.png is your own castbar, do you need the text on it? I usually have it disabled on account of that I know what I'm casting, and if you disabled the text you could move those icons down a bit. Are those icons cooldowns, too, by the way? How many groups of cooldown timers do you have?
    The bars on the right were bigwigs test bars just to show placement, I wasnt sure where to put the big bars
    I like having the name of the spell im casting on my cast bar

Hey guys; could use some critiques on my current UI. It's mostly just ElvUI + lots of Weakauras. Trying to be as minimalist as a tank can be

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-11-20 at 08:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Update
    Not done yet but its better already right? I much prefer the mana bar where it is now.
    Will post a new vid soon!

Yea, way better..
    Key things I like, is how you've taken away playerframe, and targetframe..
    Also, I see you moved on from the old nameplates? - I liked the Docs, but this is a nice change. They took up alot of memory in bigger raids..
    I assume the timers on the left and right of the castbar, is for something like riptide?

Something to consider maybe.. A new way to keep track of raid cds, whats ready etc..
    Also change fonts on bossmod to the same as raidframes. Maybe scale down fontsize on combat text.

Ill update if I think of something else..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwhale View Post
    So after failing to adapt other UI to my resolution, I tried to make my own one for my boomkin.
    I was doing it while thinking to some other UI so it's not 100% original but I'm pretty happy with what I did.

Out of combat :

In combat :
    Oh my gawd, I love that the font just pops out like that! Could you pretty please tell me what addons you used?

EDIT: I just started playing WoW again and currently leveling a undead warlock! I would love to have ideas about UI packs or so! I kinda want it to be ''dark-ish'' but not so whack'd with addons, you know keeping it abit roleplay-ish haha!

Thanks mina!
    Last edited by mmoc8ad94095c0; 2013-11-21 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    Yea, way better..
    Key things I like, is how you've taken away playerframe, and targetframe..
    Also, I see you moved on from the old nameplates? - I liked the Docs, but this is a nice change. They took up alot of memory in bigger raids..
    I assume the timers on the left and right of the castbar, is for something like riptide?

Something to consider maybe.. A new way to keep track of raid cds, whats ready etc..
    Also change fonts on bossmod to the same as raidframes. Maybe scale down fontsize on combat text.

Ill update if I think of something else..
    On unitframes...
    They're not your everyday unitframes in that they only display very little information, can't be clicked and are displayed through weak-auras but technically I still have:
    - The player unitframe (reduced to the mana bar)
    - The target unitframe is the text you can see top left of the vudho frames. It displays the name of your target as well as its % of remaining health in case its below 100%. Its very minimal but in the end I don't think you need anything else as a PVE healer.
    Might add proper boss frames at some point if I'm not happy with DBM's... in the spirit of what I had on my previous UI.

On nameplates
    Yeah like the change also. Making the Docs looking the way they did involved a lot of LUA work in the original files which I cba with ^^
    I think seeing your allies names was very useful in 10 but will be less important in 20. Also, I moved away from click healing to mouseover macros (much much much better) so if I see someone in a bad spot, I can just mouseover heal them or target them and cast heals.

Timers
    Yes, left one is stacks of Earth Shield and right one is Riptide CD. It turns orange when close to 0 and then red with it's at 0 (you can see it in the vid).

Raid CDs
    Not sure about this one... Things like Raidcooldowns or Ora3 was really perfect for 10man but might be too spammy for bigger raid sizes. Might have to move to something in the shape of BLRaidcooldowns.

Fonts
    Yes for DBM. NOOOO for combat text That combat text is completely awesome in that it really lets you check out the efficiency of your heals at a glance. Once you try it you'll love it!!
    Big up to Jahzrun from whom I pretty much copied it.

I use KGPanels to do the chat and skada backgrounds. I would really like for there to be an option in ElvUI that let's you use the chat backdrops without the "tab bar" on top, but alas there is none and I had to use another addon to do that
    You can do that with ElvUI, in chat config you can hide the tab bar (and if you can't with default ElvUI, try with the Shadow & Light addon of Elvui)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thakah View Post
    You can do that with ElvUI, in chat config you can hide the tab bar (and if you can't with default ElvUI, try with the Shadow & Light addon of Elvui)
    You definitely can in default, I always have mine hidden.
    Chat options on the first page is where to look.

aka maybenotquiteasheavy/torgerd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maybenotquiteasheavy View Post
    You definitely can in default, I always have mine hidden.
    Chat options on the first page is where to look.
    I'm pretty sure this just hides the background on the tab bar. The tabs themselves are still visible, unless this was changed in the last revision. I'm not at home so I can't actually check but when I tried it this is how it behaves. Personally, I'd have the tab bar hidden at all times unless you mouseover the chat window, which I imagine could be done in the lua.

Deleted
    Getting there

In honor of Care's return to WoW, I have been inspired to post the progress of my total rip-off of his UI.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Last edited by captaincoffeecup; 2013-11-21 at 04:30 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just standard ElvUI. Remade UI to fit 10H since I'm no longer 25H =/.

There's never that many boss debuff weakauras at once, just showing where they would extend to if there were. And the emphasized bars will only show at most 2-3 of the abilities I emphasize.

Still got a ways to go, need to find a place for omen and it's kinda hard to find a good place for it.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-11-21 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted

Some slight changes (again) from my previous UI. At this point I'm basically only moving things slightly x/y and screwing around with WeakAuras, I'm really enjoying the layout though and will probably stick with it. I realise my debuffs are ever so slightly larger than my buffs and my boss frames could do with a bit of tweaking. I might change the way my buffs are layed out as well. In fact that whole upper right corner is a cluster**** and I should get it fixed <_<. Pretty happy with it so far, I've been getting quite a bit of interest from people about my UI through PMs but it's kind of hard to release something publicly as it's always changing on my end. Maybe one day when I've finally settled on something and it's "perfect" I could release it officially.
    Is there any chance you will upload it? Or can U at least SS addon folder?

EDIT: (since I just cant reply coz of limitations)

Thank you so much! I'll test it ASAP
    Last edited by mmoc6a642a93de; 2013-11-21 at 11:04 PM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Update:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlove View Post
    I like it alot. Especially the highlight of your current target is nice. That and the colors.
    What is the unitframe font?