Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Fucking ridicilous what drama these people make each year.
    Consider this: not everyone cares about birthdays of a product...

there are enough things to flame them over but this ain't one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    This is not fully true.... it would be more equivalent showing up at the bakery where you buy your bread every day, on the day they are celebrating their anniversary.
    The exist that long, because amongst other, you buy you bread every day in that place and to show you that they appreciate you being a customer, they offer you something.

You are already giving them your money, which you could also spend in another shop.... so just to say to you: "we appreciate you as customer", they give you a gift.
    I personally believe everyone would like that.

I don't think we give our bakery gifts on their birthday, because we have something to with their ongoing existence.
    Ironically....I actually work in a Bakery....and on our anniversary we don't give out free stuff. Though we give out free stuff EVERY day anyway, it would just make it moot lol.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Always something to complain about I guess. Should be happy WoW is still here after 9 years, it's an impressive feat for any game to have this many people still playing after 9 years. I'd rather have new expansions or content patches (which have been coming out every 3 or so months in MoP, much better than Cata for sure), rather than world events. If year 8 upset you enough to complain then why did you expect anything different this year? Anyways, you're still playing so they must be doing something right.
    Gotta love the blizzard sheep ahahah
    Did your retarded brain not stop to think that the game has been around so long because of a large majority of the playerbase are still here playing??
    If most did not stick around your beloved game would be stuck in hell hole with all the other mmo's people claim them to be in.
    Saying that , checking out all the other mmo's gifts to players makes me wonder if wow should be down to 1mill or less subs, maybe they would appreciate there customers more so.
    So yea you should be gratefull they have otherwise you would be out there with your tongue stuck up some other developers ass.

I agree they should give something more to people that have stuck around even through there shitty expansions.

So I just wanted to share this anecdote that happened today, totally unrelated to the mess I caused in that other thread.

I was playin a few games of DOTA 2 that an ex-WoW guildy invited me to. He'd stopped playing around Cata, came back for Mists to PVP a few times, but that's about it. We play 3 games with a couple of his friends, have some lols and wind down just talking about other games and stuff.

So he brings up WoW, saying he read that Heirlooms would be account wide on PTR, and that he wants to go back when it goes live (He's an altoholic). He's trying to convince me to go back too, and he's talkin to another friend who also wants to go back. I'm not gonna go back but I amuse his ideas a bit.

I tell him about the Anniversary thing that's going on right now, the whole 9% exp boost. So he gets all excited and says he wants to resub now for it. Then he checks it out and sees that it's only a temporary buff for a few days only, and yeah, he's gonna wait till the Heirlooms hit live instead of resubbing now. He asks me if there's anything else like a pet or whatever, and I just say not this year, he said 'Lame' and that that was that.

TL; DR - That's how uneventful the Anniversary is. It's not even enough to bring back my altoholic friend who wants to level toons. He's willing to wait for account wide heirlooms to hit live instead. True story.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-20 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    Since its the end of the expansion, gives us a 100% XP bonus. Couldnt hurt, right?
    You already hit 90 before Townslong Steppes.

People like you always find a reason to complain, even if blizzard already said that the only time they will give free stuff is when they hit a big milestone, 5 years, 10 years and so on.

Deleted
    I am sure the 10th will be a huge occasion.

10 years at the top, amazing.

Deleted
    I'll agree that 9% xp boost and a very brief letter is a tad disappointing. I sort of miss some sort of loyalty program from Blizzard, as I've been playing for 8 years now and the only thing I get is a 'Yeah.. Thanks I guess' and a badge that gives me a bit of a boost. Just some companion pet or something wouldn't go amiss - Sort of makes me wonder why they don't do that anymore with the Battle Pet system in place, I mean, companion pets count for more than ever to a considerable chunk of the playerbase. Just re-skin some pet and throw that at us at least, rather than a badge that I'll use for a week (assuming that my primary realm wasn't already full of 90's) and a letter that feels like someone only just remembered to write it the day before.

Come on Blizz, I'm not asking for my weight in gold, but at least give me something that will make me remember this day for more than a week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    I have confirmed that the 10th anniversary is a remake of Onyxia, but this time with more Whelps.
    she also casts deep breath more.

The 9% boost feels a bit lackluster. You cant even send it to alts.
    Extra rewards based on subscription time would be nice, would award those that have stuck with the game since day 1 something extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post

Extra rewards based on subscription time would be nice, would award those that have stuck with the game since day 1 something extra.
    Why would you since your alts get the buff-token aswell?
    And you can use the tokens as many times as you want for two weeks or whatever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thats like telling your child you haven't brought him anything for his 8th or 9th birthday, but its ok, something will come of it on his 10th.
    Because you ARE a 10 year old child right? Start acting your age dude..

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    You're not speaking for everyone though. Lots and lots of people (like 99,99999%) would prefer that they'd just scrap any development of new content and only focus on their Anniversary gifts. WoW would still be at 12.5 million, and possibly at 60 million subs, if they shifted their focus from new content to anniversaries.
    Do you think that a company like Blizzard can only develop one of the two? is it impossible for you to grasp that maybe, just maybe they can do both at the same time?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Ironically....I actually work in a Bakery....and on our anniversary we don't give out free stuff. Though we give out free stuff EVERY day anyway, it would just make it moot lol.
    When i go to my bakery on their anniversary, I always get something for free.. a cake or some other nice and sweet thing :-)
    But then if you give it every day... well then it becomes something else entirely, so yeah the value decreases.

Deleted
    Well blizz don't really care about the customer anymore, if they did Diablo 3 wouldn't have had the RMAH for so long.

seriously? people are such children, be glad they do anything!
    also for the games you listed what did they do the years that you conveniently left out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post

hey dude all toons that log in get the 9% booster item. no need to send it

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you also go to birthday parties and demand the birthday boy/girl give you gifts for showing up?

10+ Year Old Account
    9% XP boost? Hahaha... glad to see Blizzard didnt lose their sense of humor

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    What do all those games not have in common with wow?

7 mil subs.

They can offer a xmog gear, mounts, and xp bonus on the number of years a person played and it would never be enough.
    That absolutely made no sense since the more playerbase the more you must care for and not vice versa... OP just wait for the 10th year anniversary since I've heard they're trying to bring out awesome things to the veterans iirc from a blue post.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I rather have em spend the time and money on WoD than some pet
    I see this argument a bit and it really doesn't wash with me....

Think how many new pets have been introduced since the beginning of MoP...literally hundreds and many with entirely new skins, not just a recolouring of old ones. They could easily have kept a handful aside for future rewards and it wouldn't have made one bit of difference in development time.

The players wouldn't have been disappointed with less pets in the world as they wouldn't have had a clue but they would have been pleasently surprised when anniversary time came round

Also, think of all the "toys" that have been introduced into the world during MoP - again...they could have held a few back for things such as anniversary gifts.

NOT arguing on the entitlement issue here just please don't use the "would prefer resources were used for future content" excuse as it really doesn't hold

I dunno if Blizzard should do something or not.

All I know is that I have been paying the SAME PRICE FOR NINE YEARS for a game. It has not gone up one cent.

Blizzard gave NOTHING in the first three years, because they didn't really need to. I don't think many people really gave a shit either.

The fourth year was a month after achievements were added, and that is when we got a pet. An experiment, I guess. We got a pet the next year too, probably because 5 years was considered to be a milestone.

They then made the decision to not give pets, saving them for special anniversaries such as the 10th. This makes sense as
    a) After just two times, people SHOULD be able to give up a yearly pet without too much hassle
    b) A yearly pet just devalues every anniversary. After a few years, there would just be so many pets that none of the pets nor the anniversaries themselves would be memorable. Giving pets on milestone anniversaries makes them stand out.

Obviously, point a was wrong. World of Warcraft has managed to garner such an entitled playerbase that four years after the last pet, people still somehow expect a pet each year and are "shocked and disappointed" when they don't get one.

No, Blizzard shouldn't give you a load of experience boosts, pets, mounts just for logging in on anniversary week or whatever. I wonder if the same people bitching and moaning here also complain about epic loot and raids these days being too easy to access. I wouldn't that level of hypocrisy past this community.

Entitlement, entitlement everywhere.