Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's about time, I guess I'll start leveling in another server now.

I'm glad that no one is complaining that Blizzard is doing something for charity. That would just be pathetic.

Awesome looking pet and account-bound mail? Two please!

Really, Make-a-wish? When we have thousands of people needing aid in Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan?

gonna buy one for my birthday, and most likely give away another one in my guild's annual Xmas giveaway.

good on blizzard, make-a-wish is one of the few things that restores my faith in humanity.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Because Blizzard is a business and they're nice enough to have any of it go to charity in the first place?
    They sure are "nice". The 50% is there for a reason. 50% profit and 50% donation. The donations are taken in from you and sent out by Blizzard. So, Blizzard receives 100% of the write-off which means they get to make 100% of that amount of money tax free. Whoops, don't forget they will be taking all the costs of doing business out of that 50% profit, so in actuality they will be getting to write down profits from other areas of business. This brings down their effective tax rate which reduces the amount of money for all the social causes that people get all riled up about on these forums. You don't need to steal from people when dummies will just throw it at you. Although I would rather see a national sales tax replace the current tax code instead of a flat tax, I would settle for either one because at least either of them would protect me from people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    Really, Make-a-wish? When we have thousands of people needing aid in Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan?
    How do you measure up "those people need more help than those people"? It's helping where it's needed. So yes, really.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

10+ Year Old Account
    Im glad they are finally working on being able to mail account bound items cross realm. Now I hope they make spirit or mote of harmony account bound or even account wide. that would help a lot. Maybe even make all the irrelevant emblems account wide.

Everything you donate or help people is for selfish reasons only, not the bad selfish reasons but the good ones, but they are selfish

But i think people should donate directly for charity or actually go help them out by helping out in a soup kitchen or such because it will make the ones you help much happier rather than giving a billion dollar company like blizzard more money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    How do you measure up "those people need more help than those people"? It's helping where it's needed. So yes, really.
    Make-a-wish foundation sets up "Batman for a day" for a single child. Money that goes into Philippines helps tens of thousands of people.

If the difference is that hard for you to grasp, I don't know what to say.

Also you should not buy anything from Blizzard but donate directly to the charity.

I dont care if the pet is in the store, but a mount like that should be a raid achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Make-a-wish foundation sets up "Batman for a day" for a single child. Money that goes into Philippines helps tens of thousands of people.

Also you should not buy anything from Blizzard but donate directly to the charity.
    And that will make your 25$ go to someone who really needs it? Wake up!
    And I don't understand why all this bit%#%#$ about Blizzard giving only 50%. At least they give something while others don't!

Can't wait for cross-server mail

Deleted
    I knew that someone would complain about Blizz doing charity! I KNEW IT!!! HAHAHA

Edit: I don't trust charity organizations, never will.

Deleted
    Devs as usual blowing smoke out their asses about dumbing the game Down to retard levels..

And lol at their response to coding. Sucky ass spaghetti coders. Hell even the old unreal engine was object oriented and was easy to add new classes features.

Make-a-wish has better public relations and is more visible in the media then a Philippine relief fund. After all it's advertisement for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Look, they should be giving us these mounts IN GAME or be like other mmo's and give us the option of obtaining it in game while also selling it in the store. They use the money we give them for the base game, the expansions and the subscription to pay their employees to make these mounts. Back in the old days when they were a stand up company they would put the mounts and pets those employees made using our money into the game for us to obtain somehow.

So expecting them to give 100% of the funds(of which they used to not even make before they got greedy), to a charity is not a weird concept. Also, just a little tip, if you're going to call someone a twat you should take the time to read what said twat posted before you make an asinine comment and embarrass yourself. I already said if it's not 100% I'll be just giving the charity the money directly. Why should Blizzard get half of the charity money making something our subs and expansion money has ALREADY PAID FOR?
    They are encouraging people to donate this way but I agree they could give more themselves. This charity is also advertisement for them and I doubt they even lose money on this (they probably sell twice as many pets). They also make a ridiculous profit on these pets and mounts even if they only get 50% of the money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post

Fun to see people criticizing the "batman for a day" when this may be one of the less costly actions they did.

"Batman for a day" was just lots of unpaid volunteers who managed to persuade lots of other people into setting up a crazy day for someone, this is not where donations go.

And yes, lots of other people need help too, that's not really news. You can believe if you want that sending money to the Philippines is more important than trying to make the lives of children with life threatening medical conditions better, but you really can't compare the two using this example alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    So did they announce when the pet and mount would be available??
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Charity begins at home, and I feel that the Philippines is getting enough help already, depending on how much money that government siphons for itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a problem donating to where Blizzard wants the donations to go to - go and donate where YOU want your money to be donated!
    You have a problem that it will be only 50% of your money donated? Go and donate 100% of your money to charity YOU want! Whoohoo!

Yeah, I know, mind -> BLOWN!

Wow, cross realm mailing. I'm not complaining but I'm really surprised they took the time for this with 6.0 bringing us account wide BoA tabs like Mounts and Pets. Very awesome though, I can start those Alliance Toons sooner than I thought.