Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Glyphs, now and in WoD.

Which glyphs do you currently enjoy and which do you find to be somewhat lacklustre?

Which glyphs would you like to see created/reintroduced in WoD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: since I have the second post, I've collected the ones that seem to be popular among the community here.

Glyph of Selfish Feathers
    Major
    Your Angelic Feathers are now colored purple and are only useful by you, you selfish prick.

Glyph of Mind Soothe
    Major
    Teaches you the spell Mind Soothe.
    Instant, 40 yd range, no cooldown. Soothes the Humanoid, Giant or Dragonkin target's mind, removing 1 enrage effect and greatly reducing its aggro radius for 15 seconds.

Glyph of the Heartless Angel
    Major
    Atonement and Solace no longer heal targets outside your party or raid. Prayer of Mending no longer bounces to non-player targets.

Glyph of Darkmending
    Minor
    Your healing spells take on a shadowy appearance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Glyph of Soloing
    Major
    Atonement and Solace now heal you for 100% of the damage dealt, but no longer heal other players.
    This one is mostly wishful thinking, as it is a very big power boost for soloing (and possibly PvP - although Atonement is already gimped by resilience there).

Glyph of the Shared Mind
    Major
    You can now cast Mind spells from within your Mind Vision target.
    This is something I always fantasized about back when I first joined WoW back in TBC. The priest hops into someone's mind with Mind Vision and proceeds to cast Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Control, Mind Vision, Mind Sear, etc. on them and things near them. Would have some neat PvP implications, particularly if interrupting the Mind Vision target interrupted the priest too.

Glyph of Angelic Flight
    Major
    Teaches you the spell Angelic Flight. Instant, 10 yd range, 2 minute cooldown. Grants the target flight at 150% of their run speed for 10 seconds.
    I know this could be used for shenanigans, but it would hardly get people into weirder places than Heroic Leap can.

Glyph of Mind Soothe
    Major
    Teaches you the spell Mind Soothe. Instant, 40 yd range, no cooldown. Soothes the Humanoid, Giant or Dragonkin target's mind, removing 1 enrage effect and greatly reducing its aggro radius for 15 seconds.
    I missed this spell so much when they removed it! I can't believe it got cut over Mind Vision. The spell functioned as a sort of priest Stealth in dungeons and the overworld. It rarely went to use, but it was so nice when it did.

Major
    Atonement and Solace no longer heal players outside your party or raid. Prayer of Mending no longer bounces to non-player targets.
    This glyph is a quality of life fix for Disc priests in the outside world. Nothing quite like getting owned because someone nearby jumped off a cliff or something.

Glyph of Darkmending
    Minor
    This is pure vanity, (and probably not going to happen due to the extra art needed,) but maybe they can copy the art from the various shadow priest healer NPCs throughout the old world.

Glyph of Mind Sear
    Major
    Your Mind Sear no longer damages its primary target.
    I miss when Mind Sear used to work like this back in the day. I agree it was a confusing mechanic, but it was awesome to AoE off of a CC target and not need to worry about breaking the CC.
    Last edited by espoire; 2014-01-31 at 07:27 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Glyph of the Hidden

Stealth now only last 30 seconds but doesn't break from damage or dealing damage but stealth now has a 3 minute cooldown.

Major OP I imagine, but if something like this that was balanced came about I'd love it. I'd rather use stealth to evade attacks than evasion or cloak of shadows. If you made it like it's a weak stealth and people within 10yd can see you, so a new way to evade attacks would be sprinting away. Silly idea, but it's almost 5am so you can't blame me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomb View Post
    Something something something rogue
    Get out of our forums!

Glyph of Ancient Supremacy.
    Minor
    Your summoned demons retain their original demon form but still benefit from Grimoire of Supremacy.

I would kill to have my felhunter back.

Uh, glyphs I like

Penance: Moving penance, amazing

Binding Heal: Big hps, high cost, makes sense. Little too restricted in use atm though

Glyph of the Sha: Takes mindbender off the global. Totally unintended I imagine, but awesome.

Glyphs I want

PW:S: I would like to see this reworked. Could make it stronger with glyph but give it a CD, could make it just the bonus heal with no penalty that makes it worse than unglyphed, or they could make it only absorb a portion of damage but buff its absorb and/or duration. IDK, just something that you wouldn't always use but would be awesome sometimes, because I think its our most boring spell atm, outside of

Smite: A glyph that removes this from the game for all priests if I'm using it, because fuck atonement playstyle.

That's about all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    Glyph of Darkmending
    Shadow, Minor
    This is pure vanity, (and probably not going to happen due to the extra art needed,) but maybe they can copy the art from the various shadow priest healer NPCs throughout the old world.
    Love this one. However, it should not be shadow-only as Forsaken Priests would be great to have shadow based healing specs in terms of visuals.

Glyph of Mind Soothe
    Major
    Teaches you the spell Mind Soothe. Instant, 40 yd range, no cooldown. Soothes the Humanoid, Giant or Dragonkin target's mind, removing 1 enrage effect and greatly reducing its aggro radius for 15 seconds.
    I missed this spell so much when they removed it! I can't believe it got cut over Mind Vision. The spell functioned as a sort of priest Stealth in dungeons and the overworld. It rarely went to use, but it was so nice when it did.
    This please!

Some purely appearance-based ideas; because if Mages can get half a dozen Tomes of Polymorph, Priests can get some glyphs, right?
    Glyph of Power Word: Dinosaur
    Minor
    Your Power Word: Fortitude looks more SAVAGE.

Glyph of Power Word: Arrrr
    Minor
    Your Power Word: Fortitude seems... well at least it isn't Power Word: Booty.

Glyph of Power Word: Mrgl
    Minor
    Your Power Word: Fortitude leaves a fishy smell.

Deleted
    Mind Soothe would be cool.

Although all I want for WoD, all I need for WoD, is this

Minor
    Your Angelic Feathers are now colored purple and are only useful by you, you selfish prick.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Mind Soothe would be cool.
    Minor
    I find moving from desecrate on Garrosh to be a pain on 10m when people steal my feathers (especially when they have their own speed boost), can't imagine the frustration of the same thing on 25m.

Glyph of Soloing
    Minor
    Atonement and Solace no longer heal players outside your party or raid.
    This glyph is a quality of life fix for Disc priests in the outside world. Nothing quite like getting owned because someone nearby jumped off a cliff or something.

Glyph of Darkmending
    Shadow, Minor
    Glyph of the Heartless Angel would be pretty handy. A few times on heroic Immerseus I've seen PoM jump to one of the healing adds in the corridor who aren't even part of the fight. However its so niche that I doubt they'll implement or fix these problems, unfortunately I'm sure there are higher priorities.

Glyph of Darkmending sounds awesome. I used to enjoy shooting my rainbow beams at people but its become a little tiring after the millionth cast. Would be awesome to see most of our spells get a refresh or makeover.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    I find moving from desecrate on Garrosh to be a pain on 10m when people steal my feathers (especially when they have their own speed boost), can't imagine the frustration of the same thing on 25m.
    Try to use it on LFR...

[rant]Feathers suck because a skillshot on yourself for movement speed increase sucks due to potential for inaccuracy. They suck even more donkeyballs on 25 man. Every bloody class has good movement barring priest. Then we can preplan (a chain of) feathers for ourselves without having to use GCD on B&S and with allowing stronger speed + longer duration (with Angelic Feathers) if not for the annoying occurance others are randomly running through it (which still costs you a charge). These are the people you want to Life Grip out of their misery.[/rant]

1) I'd like if your prayer of mending would be fixed to the same target. In an essence it could almost work like earth shield. Maybe "Your prayer of mending no longer bounces to another player", but can only proc/heal every 2-3 seconds. This would have it's niche on very high tank damage fights.

2) This one would be disc oriented. "Your renew ticks now tick as an absorbtion". So, whatever your renew ticks for now, imagine that being a minor shield that proces ever 3 seconds. This would give us something to use on medium to low damage movement phases that stillf fit the disc role, and also would benefit from disc's mastery.

3) Here is one for spirit shell. Currently it's on a 60 second cooldoown, but a glyph that changes the CD to two minutes, but gives you two charges of spirit shell. This could be a niche glyph on fights where you have 1 minute of pretty heavy aoe, then a bunch of down time.

Can you tell I enjoy disc! Some of these may seem OP, but the whole point of them was to have niche roles. The current glyphs we use seem to be very boring in a PVE role. I wanted to add something that would increase performance, but not something that you would want to take to every single fight.

Deleted
    Yes I can tell you enjoy disc but that also often means players make too OP suggestions. Disc doesn't need more absorbs (their absorbs got nerfed throughout MoP), and Renew already refreshes DA. SS doesn't need a buff either, it actually just got nerfed in 5.4 and rightfully so. PoM glyph already more or less exists with Glyph of Focused Mending. Blizzard should either nerf absorb healing so that holy and non-absorb healers will always achieve higher HPS (like it was in start of MoP), or they should change the way absorbs works (like mage's Temporal Shield).

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are my glyphs, all minors.

Glyph of Subtle Chakra, minor glyph, removes the graphic animation of Chakra so that nobody sees it. This is maybe for pure PvP purposes, but oh well.

Glyph of Chakra, minor glyph, alterates the animation of Chakra.

Glyph of the Val'kyr redux, minor glyph, alterates your Shadowfiend and Mindbender spells to look like a minor Val'kyr.

Glyph of Lightspring, minor glyph, makes your Lightwell bigger, and moar precious.

Glyph of the Naaru, minor glyph, while in Spirit of Redemption you now appear as a Naaru.

Glyph of the Loa, minor glyph, while in Spirit of Redemption, you now appear as a floating spiritual version of yourself, mon.

Glyph of Big Bad Voodoo, minor glyph, alters the appearance of Power Word: Barrier to look like trolls' Big Bad Voodoo spell (not very sure of this one).

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see the a glyph for Shadow where all your light version spells alter to shadowy looking.

maybe spells like Renew/mend/shield will change so it's more beneficial to use it on yourself then on allies.

Dark Renewal
    15 sec cd
    Puts a Hot on you for 10 sec heals for 4% every 1.5 sec

Dark Prayer.
    25 sec cd
    A ward that you can put on yourself but also on allies. This ward absorbs all damage for 4 sec. 5 stacks
    At the end of the ward all damage will appear as (Mending's Touch) as a Dot for 10 and heals you at the and of the dot for 50% instantly.
    Cannot be dispelled.

Voidshield

20 sec cd

Shield that absorbs damage 30% of casters health. 75% of the shields damage will reflected back.

Flash heal could be changed into Dark mending would still do the same thing heals you, but then with a shadow effect pure cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post

Glyph of the Val'kyr redux, minor glyph, alterates your Shadowfiend and Mindbender spells to look like a minor Val'kyr.

Glyph of the Naaru, minor glyph, while in Spirit of Redemption you now appear as a Naaru.
    Can I have both? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Can I have both? :O
    Sure, after I get mine! :P

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Sure, after I get mine! :P
    Can I please play as an Ethereal too? Oh the sweetness of having a dual spec light/dark dps and being Ethereal on top of it.

I also missed Mind Soothe.

Actually an AoE Mind Soothe would be even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Make Heroic Leap baseline. NO glyph that is MANDATORY should be allowed to remain.

Sashomino (flag on back) for warriors as minor glyph. Didn't see this was priests forums, sorry
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-11-21 at 12:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne