Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    You don't kill stuff. You immediately get all of the chests for gear. I've done this twice recently and got every single armor piece I needed this way before even messing with killing anything. Then, if you want to, you kill things. And you do it with the buffs from around the island. You don't charge in at 437 ilevel like, "OKAY GUIZ, LET'S DO THIS!!!"
    All chests opened, still waiting on a curio to help me replace my shitty trinkets.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

You don't kill stuff. You immediately get all of the chests for gear. I've done this twice recently and got nearly every single armor piece I needed this way before even messing with killing anything. Then, if you want to, you kill things. And you do it with the buffs from around the island. You don't charge in at 437 ilevel like, "OKAY GUIZ, LET'S DO THIS!!!"
    I'm not stupid, I've played this game for nine years. Hence the whole reason why I'm enjoying the challenge because everything in this game besides content above LFR is a faceroll. I have used all the buffs, It's still pretty challenging. Have you done Timeless on a Warrior after not playing since 5.1? No? Okay, than your opinion is mute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omkara View Post
    Death adders are creepy, sneaky,
    They aren't sneaky at all. They just sit there and eat you.

I forgot about them and the Frogs. I avoid them on most toons just cuz I don't go over there outside of the explore the island quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    No? Okay, than your opinion is mute.
    One of the two actually was a warrior. lol
    Look! Words!

With some decent gear and yulon or chiji buff it's not difficult at all. You can burn everything on the island before it even gets off any ability, and when it does you can just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    With some decent gear and yulon or chiji buff it's not difficult at all. You can burn everything on the island before it even gets off any ability, and when it does you can just ignore it.
    Thing is, Timeless was built for people without decent gear so they can gear up to do LFR or above. If you have decent gear, don't do Timeless unless you are farming for Emperor Shao-Hao.

You don't kill stuff. You immediately get all of the chests for gear. I've done this twice recently and got nearly every single armor piece I needed this way before even messing with killing anything. Then, if you want to, you kill things. And you do it with the buffs from around the island. You don't charge in at 437 ilevel like, "OKAY GUIZ, LET'S DO THIS!!!"
    I've collected every chest on the island on all of my toons and my mage is having a hard time getting gear, even after getting what cloth pieces I got from my alts. I used up all my luck on my shaman and hunter, it seems.

One of the two actually was a warrior. lol
    He probably was over geared then. I've been playing my Warrior since Wrath and my Hunter since Vanilla, I know how to play and I know difficult content when I see it.

Deleted
    I don't enjoy Timeless fun a 2nd time, it's just a grind fest and one that isn't fun. Either spam rares that require others or kill yaungol that's only really affective in a group

I guess you havent started to use the "timeless isle" only items and always grabbing the buff from the clickable idol things. Because timeless isles then becomes more of a joke than regular content (if that's possible). Buuuut no one is forcing you to use those so - maybe what you mean is it's nice that blizz gives us the option to keep TI difficult (to an extent).

10+ Year Old Account
    When i grouped with people as a healer i always felt useless so i would just end up tanking to make so nonone gets hit by blazing strike / molten golems >.< The 1-2 hit mechanics are fun for solo play not for group play

My healer only does like 70k dps which made it a bit difficult to solo

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I guess you havent started to use the "timeless isle" only items and always grabbing the buff from the clickable idol things. Because timeless isles then becomes more of a joke than regular content (if that's possible). Buuuut no one is forcing you to use those so - maybe what you mean is it's nice that blizz gives us the option to keep TI difficult (to an extent).
    Used those buffs, didn't help. I can repeat myself all day. Its easier now, but I'm not wearing Heroic gear anymore. :P

So, I confess I don't quite understand the point being made here. Content can be challenging if you're both undergeared and doing it solo? I don't think Timeless Isle has a unique claim on that, nor do I understand why it's a good basis for content going forward into WoD.

For myself, Timeless Isle held my interest for the better part of a week until the novelty wore off (full disclosure: I very much outgeared the place, including the use of Burdens of Eternity). But then, I have friends in game to do stuff with and raid, so maybe I wasn't the target audience. I don't see this structure in WoD being much different in terms of engaging me, but that remains to be seen.

Deleted
    Huolon is as far as you can go. Further than that and you're beeing charged stun 150k two shotted to death by 1 elite mob. GG

10+ Year Old Account
    He probably was over geared then. I've been playing my Warrior since Wrath and my Hunter since Vanilla, I know how to play and I know difficult content when I see it.
    Consider it what you want. The warrior was freshly dinged with almost all 496 except trinkets/weapon.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    So, I confess I don't quite understand the point being made here. Content can be challenging if you're both undergeared and doing it solo? I don't think Timeless Isle has a unique claim on that, nor do I understand why it's a good basis for content going forward into WoD.

For myself, Timeless Isle held my interest for the better part of a week until the novelty wore off (full disclosure: I very much outgeared the place, including the use of Burdens of Eternity). But then, I have friends in game to do stuff with and raid, so maybe I wasn't the target audience. I don't see this structure in WoD being much different in terms of engaging me, but that remains to be seen.
    The point is all solo questing content from 1-90 with the appropriate gear level is easy, Timeless with the appropriate gear level. (heroics or below) is actually pretty difficult.

I'm not under geared at all, I'm the standard gear level Blizzard designed Timeless for.

I'm hoping WoD questing content is as challenging as this or even more challenging since it seems so many people think its easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on it.

Used those buffs, didn't help. I can repeat myself all day. Its easier now, but I'm not wearing Heroic gear anymore. :P

I am at a loss then, because with the 5 buffs you can have up at once for an hour - even pre-496 timeless drops it was a joke, not hard, usually killed mobs beofre they got to their stun ability - no need to stun them or interrupt.. nothing. I played a rogue, druid, and pally there.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he has ever ventured there, hell I'm still in full Timeless gear and I'm still having a hard time in some areas.

Of course its going to be easy if you have a full group of friends or you're in full LFR or above. That's what happens when you out gear content.

I've been there on my pally and warlock. Warlock was in 520+ pally was 480. Neither was in a arty and neither has died on the isle.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    I got full timeless set for my Hunter in 1 day... I really hope Blizzard opt out on having Thunder Isle esq content in WoD