Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's weird and sucky that we had to wait YEARS to get this. People don't complain about getting something they complain about it taking so damn long.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This community is disgustingly toxic.
    And you're the king (super moderator) of it all.

Only people that don't work in IT could have believed that shit excuse "there is no tech available to send heirlooms across realms". Of course it was to keep us paying for transfers, that shit of a "tech" is in fact two state of the art pieces of "tech"

1) a change for the mail logic to split the name by "-" and get the realm and the character name and pass those to the real state of the art tech "tech"

2) some very "complicated enterprise database solution" to change some shit in some tables in some DB

The bullshit devised by the PR people is atrocious

Are you people retarded? It takes bloody time to develop a solid system for almost 8 million people that works. The reason it hasn't been implemented before is because the technology did not exist to do it properly before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a wild stab here... guessing it took some actual time and testing to get something that did NOT break or cause failures before introducing it into the PTR. No point in throwing dirt in your own face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Only people that don't work in IT could have believed that shit excuse "there is no tech available to send heirlooms across realms". Of course it was to keep us paying for transfers, that shit of a "tech" is in fact two state of the art pieces of "tech"

1) a change for the mail logic to split the name by "-" and get the realm and the character name and pass those to the real state of the art tech "tech"

2) some very "complicated enterprise database solution" to change some shit in some tables in some DB

The bullshit devised by the PR people is atrocious
    Obviously the tech was, and is, available. The issue was the cost of implementation, which is undoubtedly more complicated than you suggest.

Is there really that many people transferring characters simply for heirlooms in the first place? I doubt it's a huge cash cow for Bliz.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I don't get your point.
    I think that his point is that they could have done this all along.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by DPG View Post
    So, account-bound items. The timeless isle items should work, too, right? (Probably a stupid question, sorry.)
    On the PTR you can mail unused Timeless items freely between unlinked servers.

A for-profit corporation pursuing profit is neither immoral nor a conspiracy.

Does it really surprise you they do this kind of stuff? They are making it possible to PAY for a level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    On the PTR you can mail unused Timeless items freely between unlinked servers.
    How do you know they're not linked?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Does it really surprise you they do this kind of stuff? They are making it possible to PAY for a level 90.
    Link definitive proof please.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see this. They could have easily waited until 6.0 when BoAs will be getting the mount/pet treatment. I wish I could say that I was surprised to see someone complaining about it but I'm not. As others have said this isn't tech they've always had, it's been developed from the Connected realms (which was developed from Cross Realms)

I can't find my tin foil hat so i'll just go ahead and respond with some common sense.

Connected Realms has likely laid the ground work for cross-realm mail between characters on an account.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anne Frankly it should have been implemented a while ago!

..Oh wait, you said "Not see" not "Na-"..nevermind..

My point still stands, I'm glad that they've finally gotten around to it. However, I still think it should've been done sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Anne Frankly it should have been implemented a while ago!

..Oh wait, you said "Not see" not "Na-"..nevermind..

My point still stands, I'm glad that they've finally gotten around to it. However, I still think it should've been done sooner.
    A lot of things probably should have been done sooner, doesn't mean that they could have been done sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    A lot of things probably should have been done sooner, doesn't mean that they could have been done sooner.
    Eh, why call it "account bound", then? I mean, don't get me wrong, the OP has gone full "Tinfoil hat"-mode, I just don't agree with people praising Blizzard for FINALLY doing this. It's a good thing, but they should've just added an Heirloom tab along with the mounts and pets tabs when those were implemented.

I personally think the tech was there they just needed time to do it. However, there was probably bigger and better things to be working on. Seriously, would you rather them working on this or WOD right now? The think most players would pick the later.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Jesus, does anything make people happy??!

I'm happy to see this. I'm glad to be able to mail them ahead of time if I choose to. The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Considering you just accused thousands of posters of being toxic based on one person's post, you might be part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Eh, why call it "account bound", then? I mean, don't get me wrong, the OP has gone full "Tinfoil hat"-mode, I just don't agree with people praising Blizzard for FINALLY doing this. It's a good thing, but they should've just added an Heirloom tab along with the mounts and pets tabs when those were implemented.
    Because it's always been account bound.

And they were looking at adding in Heirloom tab with mounts and pets but they couldn't work it out in time. Not to pick on you specifically but do you people think they just snap their fingers and things happen? Or that they should drop everything to work on a single problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Considering you just accused thousands of posters of being toxic based on one person's post, you might be part of the problem.
    This forum is oddly very critical of Blizzard. Much more then the official forums *DEAR GODS*. Sorry but I'll side with the Super Saiyan mod.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi