Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I actually ended up losing out on a lot of damage because my other raid members were burning the oozes down too fast for me to Havoc every one :P
    Story of my life this tier. It sucks having at least a FEW decent players in guild.

It is quite silly how much a dps difference it makes training your fellow dps to swap back to the boss once it hits 20%. I have simply given up on telling them to stop killing the adds and let me havoc/sb them all as its a overall raid dps increase to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    It is quite silly how much a dps difference it makes training your fellow dps to swap back to the boss once it hits 20%. I have simply given up on telling them to stop killing the adds and let me havoc/sb them all as its a overall raid dps increase to do so.
    lol. During Sha of Pride progression I made a plea for dps to leave Reflections up and let the tanks passively cleave them down. "RoF and F&B Immo on those guys will let me chain cast CB's into boss and greatly increase my boss dmg"

Next pull...

RAWR BLADESTORM.. RAWR FAN OF KNIVES

So now I just toggle on F&B and melt face lol

I guess it really is a hard sell to say "Lower your DPS because it increases mine "

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I guess it really is a hard sell to say "Lower your DPS because it increases mine "
    It is good to have a dream!

I dream about our ele to sitting on dark shaman so I can get the perfect parse!

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    It is good to have a dream!

I dream about our ele to sitting on dark shaman so I can get the perfect parse!
    I just looked at your gear. It is almost exactly the same as mine. (including 2 terrible rings)

Parsing doesn't really matter though in the end as long as boss dies without too much struggle IMHO. I used to parse all the time, but it requires perfect setups, and people to leave shit alone now, so its usually more hassle than it is worth.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    I just looked at your gear. It is almost exactly the same as mine. (including 2 terrible rings)
    My evil twin!
    Sadly I am jealous of your rings
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-11-21 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    anyone try out a haste=crit>mastery build? thinking about trying it for hgarrosh attempts
    You're still able to game a lot of embers on HGarrosh if the person kiting the adds in P2/3 is OK with some Immolate's ticking on the adds as they run by for extra embers (that's the only reason I went up to the 10125 hate Immolate tick to get a few more embers for boss damage). Otherwise I think if you dumped everything into haste and crit and lost your mastery it would be pretty bad.

I actually ended up losing out on a lot of damage because my other raid members were burning the oozes down too fast for me to Havoc every one :P
    Ah, just curious. I assumed a high-crit build because I didn't see much CB dot clipping. As for the oozes, I only really get to Havoc them every other ooze.

Oh, and I think it goes without saying, but nice parse!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    lol. During Sha of Pride progression I made a plea for dps to leave Reflections up and let the tanks passively cleave them down. "RoF and F&B Immo on those guys will let me chain cast CB's into boss and greatly increase my boss dmg"

Next pull...

RAWR BLADESTORM.. RAWR FAN OF KNIVES

So now I just toggle on F&B and melt face lol

Well, the "Let the tank cleave them down" is how we did it for the first few weeks, and still do it the same way to a slightly lesser extent. It's cool having big numbers, but at the end of the day I'd rather see the boss die faster. If the tank can cleave them down during progression, I always say to just let the tank do it so everyone can keep beating up the boss single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    You're still able to game a lot of embers on HGarrosh if the person kiting the adds in P2/3 is OK with some Immolate's ticking on the adds as they run by for extra embers (that's the only reason I went up to the 10125 hate Immolate tick to get a few more embers for boss damage). Otherwise I think if you dumped everything into haste and crit and lost your mastery it would be pretty bad.
    No reason to kite adds on 10 man, but yeah you're pretty much shifting all your damage away from chaos bolt and shadowburn into generators which is a bad idea - especially since you will cap incinerate GCD fairly quickly if you stack haste. For Garrosh I have found Mastery > Haste > Crit to be the most successful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ichalz View Post
    Ah, just curious. I assumed a high-crit build because I didn't see much CB dot clipping. As for the oozes, I only really get to Havoc them every other ooze.

Oh, and I think it goes without saying, but nice parse!
    He wasn't stacking crit, he was stacking RPPM. Dat amount of toxic power procs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quick question: you best way to use 4pc proc? Immolate?

ignore it and spam incinerate. Both 2 and 4pc are not worth refreshing immolate on their own (just 15% more embers and you could be overwriting a dot that has a legendary meta proc in it, thus generating *less* embers) and also CB doesn't benefit too much. Just be happy about your increased ember generation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthold View Post
    ignore it and spam incinerate. Both 2 and 4pc are not worth refreshing immolate on their own (just 15% more embers and you could be overwriting a dot that has a legendary meta proc in it, thus generating *less* embers) and also CB doesn't benefit too much. Just be happy about your increased ember generation.
    It's not worth even if i refresh i weak immolate?

depends on the remaining time of the dot. If you can benefit from pandemic and the buff is not powered via trinket procs / LMG then refresh, otherwise I'd be reluctant to do so.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll give it a try. I don't know if i'll be able to notice any difference

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    Quick question: you best way to use 4pc proc? Immolate?
    I have a difference of opinion with Berthold on this one.

You should aim to keep (single-target) a 4pc-buffed Immo up on the boss full time. If you have time to, and you think you'll cap before you can get a trinket-buffed CBolt out, you can both CBolt and Immo in one proc.

If there's multiple targets alive your #1 priority is to get as many 4pc-buffed Immos out as you can on targets that will live for most of it's duration.

Deleted
    Track your embers and as you fire off your incinerate on 2.9 you should start casting chaos bolt. It'll proc before the cast is finished. Then immolate. Both of them in with plenty of time to spare. Single-target ofc

I wouldn't really advocate casting a chaos bolt if 4pc procs on 1 ember or 2 embers though. Just immolate then back to normal. There's also variables with how to use it on the opener - with a haste buff you can fit in 2 chaos bolts (which will clip), or you can fit in one and then cast your second immolate for a big-ticking DoT.

It's the most interesting of all the tier-piece procs imo. It really makes the relatively simple "rotation" (we don't really have a rotation, I know) of destruction more interesting.
    Last edited by mmoc2503427504; 2013-11-21 at 05:03 PM.

I have a difference of opinion with Berthold on this one.

You should aim to keep (single-target) a 4pc-buffed Immo up on the boss full time. If you have time to, and you think you'll cap before you can get a trinket-buffed CBolt out, you can both CBolt and Immo in one proc.

If there's multiple targets alive your #1 priority is to get as many 4pc-buffed Immos out as you can on targets that will live for most of it's duration.
    The proc is 10 seconds, no? Imo, try to conflag before the Immo, as you can try to game the 2 piece proc that way and still get a CB out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    The proc is 10 seconds, no? Imo, try to conflag before the Immo, as you can try to game the 2 piece proc that way and still get a CB out.
    It's 5 seconds buff followed by a 5 sec ICD (or 10 sec ICD from the start if you're being picky).

Deleted
    I was under the impression that the burning primal meta was out-performing the legendary meta since the proc was pushing incinerate under the GCD cap while backdraft was up, is this no longer true? I'm just curious why everyone has gone back to using the legendary meta now