Swapping Accounts (EU and US)

Is it legal to swap accounts? I quit WOW at the end of cata and I am considering coming back to it. I have an EU account and have since moved to the US so the account won't work here. I am not talking about chars etc, just the account itself.

Its not illegal, but it is against the terms of service. Just buy a EU or US copy WoW or whatever version you wanted....the game isn't expensive. I think its like $60 for vanilla/tbc/wotlk/cata/mop combined.
    Last edited by Sussex; 2013-11-20 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    Its not illegal, but it is against the terms of service. Just buy a EU copy WoW....the game isn't expensive. I think its like $60 for vanilla/tbc/wotlk/cata/mop combined.
    Ok, thanks, will pick up a copy if I am still interested in the next month or so. Don't like to breach the terms of service which is why I held onto my old EU account. Was hoping that swapping might be alright. I just feels like such a waste to throw away my old chars. I would start fresh myself as I prefer that but other people might be happy to take over an account with chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Ok, thanks, will pick up a copy if I am still interested in the next month or so. Don't like to breach the terms of service which is why I held onto my old EU account. Was hoping that swapping might be alright. I just feels like such a waste to throw away my old chars. I would start fresh myself as I prefer that but other people might be happy to take over an account with chars.

That would be a waste of time because if account trading/selling/buying is still like it use to be back when I was into that stuff basically 100% of accounts always end up getting recalled by the original owner....whether it be in 1 month or 5 years later.....original owners can always get their accounts back.

You can use the EU account in the US... I'm in the US and play on EU realms, no problem at all. If the problems you're having are due to logging in and the IP address being different a simple phone call will fix the problem. Also there is a possibility of an address change compared to what is on the account, again a phone call and possibly change of details on your battlenet account will fix and problems

To add to Majeeko's post here- although you can have both EU and US WoW licenses under a Battle.net that was created in either the US or in EU, those WoW licenses from different regions would not be compatible. That is to say an EU WoW license is not compatible with the US license. As Sussex stated, swapping accounts with another account holder would not be advised. Feel free to PM me if you have any other general questions or concerns regarding this, I'll be happy to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Majeeko View Post
    You can use the EU account in the US... I'm in the US and play on EU realms, no problem at all. If the problems you're having are due to logging in and the IP address being different a simple phone call will fix the problem. Also there is a possibility of an address change compared to what is on the account, again a phone call and possibly change of details on your battlenet account will fix and problems
    I know that I can login. It's just not practical to try and join a pug at 5am in the morning so I can't really play on the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    To add to Majeeko's post here- although you can have both EU and US WoW licenses under a Battle.net that was created in either the US or in EU, those WoW licenses from different regions would not be compatible. That is to say an EU WoW license is not compatible with the US license. As Sussex stated, swapping accounts with another account holder would not be advised. Feel free to PM me if you have any other general questions or concerns regarding this, I'll be happy to respond.
    I didn't think it was possible to have both on the same battle.net account. Does that mean I can just buy a license and then attach it to the account. How would the login work? Would it know that I am logging on with a US client and just link to the US WOW account?

It looks like gamestop is having a black friday special although its not confirmed. If so then I will pick up a few licenses (for my kids as well).

Just play on your EU account from the US? Sure the time schedule might be mesed up but other than that it works perfectly fine. I live in eu and play with people from US, Australia and Hong Kong even.