Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How much of TBC raids are soloable?

I started playing late TBC and did not raid back then so I don`t know much about the raids of TBC.
    I just found out that there is some transmog gear to be had in Gruuls Lair for my paladin.
    And other stuff+achievements+gold+just seeing the content factor.

So. I am wondering if lvl 70 raids are soloable. I would like to try different raids on my 3 mains: DK, Pala and Warrior.

Deathknight is blood specced. Paladin is holy so i guess i need to respecc to prot or ret. Warrior is fury so i guess maybe prot would be better?

Or what do you think?
    What are your experiences?
    How easy or hard are the TBC raids to solo?

All BC raids are easy at level 90 on all classes. You should be fine.

every raid except ssc

even chess event in Kara is soloable!
    And then it's dysfunction this, and dysfunction that, and dysfunction vaffancul!

10+ Year Old Account
    with mediocre gear or lets be more specific, anything above 520 - 530 can solo anything at tbc with any class / spec. good luck with mog gear and pets.

Deleted
    Lady Vashj can be a bit tricky if you let too many elementals reach her but other than that all raids are easily soloable.

Everything is soloable. Some encounters can be tricky cause of some heatlh % based attacks, but that's about it.

Also, any spec that offers sustain and enough damage should do the job. So Fury > Prot if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    every raid except ssc
    Simply not true, have soloed SSC tons of times with less then ilvl 500 gear.

every raid except ssc
    Everything is easily soloable in SSC.

if you dont stand on fire you should kill all on retri spec

He probably has not done it in a while.
    IIRC, when you picked up a tainted core you became rooted with no way to break free,
    other than to toss the core to another player. This has since been changed,
    and thus SSC is now fairly easy to solo.

Thank you everyone for quick replies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything. Might have some trouble with some bosses in Sunwell and in Black Temple(Soul harvester, fel Orc brute, magisters and Illidian), chess event in Karazhan is a pain to solo and you will likely fail a few times but it can be done, SSC is fine and stacks on Vashj shouldn't matter too much if you are okay geared, Gruul's Orge council boss will be a pain due to CCs, stuns and silences but is do able, mag is fine and easy to nuke and that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    every raid except ssc
    Also easily soloable, without or without a form of healing.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    RoS still a pain? I know I used to kill myself on the rogue a few times before downing it.

every raid except ssc
    what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    RoS still a pain? I know I used to kill myself on the rogue a few times before downing it.
    no, it doesn't chain cast the disorient anymore, and health pools are large enough now that you barely need any healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazrico View Post
    He probably has not done it in a while.
    IIRC, when you picked up a tainted core you became rooted with no way to break free,
    other than to toss the core to another player. This has since been changed,
    and thus SSC is now fairly easy to solo.
    protip: you can kite vashj far away from her platform and just kill her before phase 2 even starts - that is, if you can burst her from 70% to 0 fast enough that she doesn't get away from you.
    Last edited by Caribald; 2013-11-21 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    Lady Vashj can be a bit tricky if you let too many elementals reach her but other than that all raids are easily soloable.
    i soloed lady vashj easily at 100 stacks of that buff.

nothing is unsoloable these days from bc. all of the bosses that were unsoloable have been fixed because of the pets they added
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Everything is soloable.
    Depending on you class spec and gear a few bosses might give you some trouble.
    Like Vashj , Reliquary and The Illidari Council can be tricky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Gruul's Orge council boss will be a pain due to CCs, stuns and silences but is do able
    I do them in only a matter of seconds.

Lady vashj gets 1% damage for each water ele that hits her, i tested it it caps at 100 stacks
    and she hits for like 30k on prot pally. she is not hard