Poll: Vote

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why don't you find out yourself?

http://www.durenmar.de/articles/fightsim.html

^it's a fight simulator, where you can simulate a fight similar to "The Deadlies Warrior" Tv-show. Just put in the stats of the enemies, should ofc. have some numbers to use that was canon, but I think it should be possible to think out some fictional-realistic numbers to help the cause

10+ Year Old Account
    As the poll says Old God Forces instead of yust 1 old god the old gods would win easely. From all we know about themm it is fair to say they are atleast simular in power to a titan. Sargeras is most likely alot stronger thenn a titan by now but still nothing against their Combined power.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    As the poll says Old God Forces instead of yust 1 old god the old gods would win easely. From all we know about themm it is fair to say they are atleast simular in power to a titan. Sargeras is most likely alot stronger thenn a titan by now but still nothing against their Combined power.
    The Old Gods got no armor though, basically no skill in weapons, they aren't that fast as a charging titan. I'mma go with a titan at full power I think :S

Quote Originally Posted by Skoragon View Post
    Actually the Titans thought they had killed C'Thun at one point, in which they were obviously mistaken. It has also been stated somewhere (I forget the source) that and Old God brought down a Titan during the war in which the Old Gods were imprisoned.

When you say Old God forces, this allows us to see the full armies of all the Old Gods combined. Bear in mind the fact that iirc we've never actually been given a defined number on exactly how many Old Gods there are or how vast their forces are. Also remember that N'Zoth waged a private war against C'Thun and Yogg'Saron and has been doing so for a very long time. If these behemoths of power that are shaping our world and corrupting our keepers while fighting amongst themselves actually combined their might......I'll just end with hail the Old Ones, the end is nigh.

*Disclaimer: my lore is a little rusty, please forgive any mistakes and lack of references*
    Never heard of a titan being killed by them...

even during my times in wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Never heard of a titan being killed by them...

even during my times in wikipedia.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Old_God#Ordering_of_Azeroth

As the Titans found their way on Azeroth along their jouney and made their way across the primordial landscape, they encountered a number of the hostile elemental beings. These elementals vowed to drive the Titans in the name of their masters back and keep their world inviolate from the invaders' metallic touch. The Pantheon, disturbed by the Old Gods' penchant for evil, waged war upon the elementals and their dark masters. The Old Gods' armies were led by the most powerful elemental lieutenants: Ragnaros the Firelord, Therazane the Stonemother, Al'Akir the Windlord, and Neptulon the Tidehunter. Their chaotic forces raged across the face of the world and clashed with the colossal Titans. Though the elementals were powerful beyond mortal comprehension, their combined forces could not stop the mighty Titans. One by one, the elemental lords fell, and their forces dispersed.[10] A battle between a titan and the Old God C'Thun raged in Silithus. The titan fell and it was thought that C'Thun had also fallen - but he survived unnoticed by the titans. For millennia this being lay dormant beneath the world - biding its time. From its prison it waited for the exact moment at which to strike back at those that would see it harmed.[11]
    [11] links to http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Prophecy_of_C%27Thun which says:

In the time before time, when the world was still in its infancy, a battle between a Titan and a being of unimaginable evil and power raged on this very soil. The prophecy is unclear about whether or not the Titan was vanquished in this battle but it illustrates that a Titan fell. An Old God had also fallen - or so it was thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Dathadr View Post
    Sargeras, he was the one who helped imprisoned the old gods in the first place
    1. HELPED.
    So he didn't do it alone.
    2. IMPRISONED.
    So he couldn't beat them, he couldn't even imprison them by himself.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Sargeras. He was an Titan in the first place , and old gods are created by the titans.
    The old gods prolly came before the Titans.
    Where did you get the idea that the Titans made the old gods?

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    The lore aslso specifically states that the purpose of the Dragons was to watch over the Old Gods, that the Maelstrom is supposed to be a whirlpool that big that you can see it from space,that the well of eternity was a lake so big that you cannot see the other side when standing at its shore, that old gods can't be killed because they hold Azeroth in the Balance, that Nozdormu will become Murozond in the future (which isn't possible anymore because he lost his powers) and the lore states many many more things that Blizzard has decided to abandon.
    /facenuclearbomb
    He didn't lose his powers.
    He's just not immortal anymore.
    Besides: the End Time is one of the many possible timeways, probably one where he didn't lose his powers (if he did, which he didn't).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Where has it been stated? I want a source from Blizzard. You mean the countless Legion fanboys have stated it? In their eyes Kil'jaeden is still a lot stronger than Deathwing, even though we defeated him 2 expansions ago. And don't even give me the poor ''he wasn't at full strength'' excuse, ofcourse he was, if anything he would be more powerful than ever sitting in the sunwell. Yes, we won because the sunwell turned against him, but we were able to resist him for so long. Kil'jaeden is a mere whelp compared to Deathwing, just as Sargeras is compared to the Old Gods' combined might.
    http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvJpncNZdls Skip to the Metzen part, fastes source I can find

10+ Year Old Account
    there are infinitely more Old Golds in the infinite void of the Great Dark Beyond; and they are infinitely older and infinitely more powerful

Sargeras compared to the Old Gods is like an ant compared to the entire cosmos itself!
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-11-21 at 04:57 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    The Old Gods combined would easily crush Sargeras. (read War of the Ancients or pay attention to some boss quotes in the game)
    Sargeras vs an Old God 1-on-1 though? I guess Sargeras would win.

And as for the Titans together vs the Old Gods together? I think the Titans would win. Although we don't know if the previous battle that imprisoned the 5 Old Gods beneath Azeroth was Titans against ALL the Old Gods in existance or simply against Azeroth's Old Gods. That could change a few things. If it's only the latter then it could mean there are LOT of Old Gods unaccounted for and they could beat up the Titans if they worked together.

In the end, I'd give the edge to the Old Gods.

the Old Gods are a force of nature, universal nature.
    they are not even immortal, they transcend life/death.
    the scale of power between a mortal and and immortal is the same between an immortal like Sargeras and a primal force like the Old Gods.

mortals can kill immortals, hell sometimes one particularly powerful powerful mortal can even kill an immortal all by theirself, it's in our lore and game lore. likewise Sargy can probably destroy an Old God. he could even kill a few, but asking him to take out the Old Gods.....
    that's sort of like asking Zeus to kill fire or gravity or chaos, not a Fire God or Gravity Goddess or a Chaos God, but to kill gravity itself. not even Zeus can do it.

Sargeras isn't even in the correct ballpark to take on the Old Gods.

this isn't a close thing that requires mathematics. the Old Gods aren't even natural to the physical plane, they don't have selves and bodies unless they squirm their way over here to make screwing with us.. more fun, easier? i don't know why they are here, but thats irrelevant. they exist on the same platform the the Light does...not even the Naaru, the Light itself.

how do you fight that directly? even if you kill a Naaru or an Old God, the Light and the Old Gods continue, they may not even notice that one of their physical manifestations fell. how do you even fight it indirectly?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Sargeras on a 1v1 I'd say he's the most powerful being on the Universe of WoW.

Now, against ALL Old God's Forces, I'm not certain that the Burning Legion would be able to prevail, I think they'd lose, unless aided by at least another Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Sargeras on a 1v1 I'd say he's the most powerful being on the Universe of WoW.

Now, against ALL Old God's Forces, I'm not certain that the Burning Legion would be able to prevail, I think they'd lose, unless aided by at least another Titan.
    The Burning Legion straight up destroy planets. The only reason the Titans shoved the Old Gods into the hole they have been unable to escape for millennia was to avoid that. I doubt Sargeras would have such qualms. So you are talking about a Galactic threat compared to a bunch of broken and caged losers who every few millennium whisper to the odd powerful guy and make him be a bit naughty on one planet. Yeah i am sure the legion are shitting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    The Burning Legion straight up destroy planets. The only reason the Titans shoved the Old Gods into the hole they have been unable to escape for millennia was to avoid that. I doubt Sargeras would have such qualms. So you are talking about a Galactic threat compared to a bunch of broken and caged losers who every few millennium whisper to the odd powerful guy and make him be a bit naughty on one planet. Yeah i am sure the legion are shitting it.
    you haven't read much Old God lore, have you?

they aren't just on Azeroth. they are all across the universe. the handful we have here is just that....a handful.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    I'm gonna go ahead and say an old god fully powered and free would wipe the floor with Sargeras. People underestimate their power and think the ones we killed in the raids are the actual old gods...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Thrall would, obviously.
    Wasn't he the guy who gut upper cutted by Garrosh once and brought down to his knees for the entirity of the Garrosh encounter?

Thrall is weak when he doesn't have his gang of elementals helping him out.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Sargeras has fallen to corruption before. I imagine by the time he neared defeating the old gods he'd be converted.

People assume that Old Gods are a united faction; they are not. Some of them, in rare cases, team up (ex: C'thun, Yogg-Saron, N'zoth) temporarily to achieve their goals, before resuming to destroy each other. Yes, it is mentioned that the old god forces would bring Sargeras to his knees, but it was probably just overconfident stuff.
    Sargeras would probably defeat an old god 1v1 (even though I doubt it will come to that), and would probably defeat an old god and its army with the Burning Legion at his command.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    you haven't read much Old God lore, have you?

they aren't just on Azeroth. they are all across the universe. the handful we have here is just that....a handful.
    Yes but they don't destroy planets and they where a small force I presume. There where a few mentions in Outland but nothing more. Also what happens if the burning crusade destroys a planet with an old god on it.
    Then the old gods dies (or return to its own realm)

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This entire thread just makes me think of the movie Pacific Rim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras vs ONE Old God would be a fairly close match, maybe Sargeras could pull it off, but far from easy..
    Sargeras vs ALL Old Gods, Sargeras would be dead before he realisd the fight was on.
    Sargeras plus Burning Legion vs ALL Old Gods, Sargeras would win by sheer numbers..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/