Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Viewing alternate realities is pmuch how Velen sees the future. It's also how the Bronze navigated the timeways.

If a mid-level Legion guy like Malchezar has "All realities, all dimensions are open to [him]," then why wouldn't the higher ups in the Legion have the same capability?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-11-20 at 11:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    than why is it that our reality's kil'jaeden is butthurt about them running away?

unless there was a draenei swap. our reality's draenei went to another reality and we got some other reality's draenei lol
    That's the point. It wouldn't be our Kil'Jaeden, but their Kil'Jaeden.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Viewing alternate realities is pmuch how Velen sees the future. It's also how the Bronze navigated the timeways.

If a mid-level Legion guy like Malchezar has "All realities, all dimensions are open to him," then why wouldn't the higher ups in the Legion have the same capability?
    Good point. Does Malchezar have that ability simply because he's an eredar, or because of Karazhan and how time works there. Was Karazhan built and Deadwind Pass formed, because the Legion wanted it?

No... just ... no..

Deleted
    I think ill use that spaceship and ill find alternate universe where my character will stay without mindblowing blizzards crap about timelines:S

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Multiverses work well for DC and Marvel.
    There's a massive difference between comic book universes and those of fantasy games

Once Garrosh comes from his forked reality into our reality our reality then forks and everyone is from that point on in an alternate reality, so everybody is from an alternate reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Once Garrosh comes from his forked reality into our reality our reality then forks and everyone is from that point on in an alternate reality, so everybody is from an alternate reality.
    Why would our reality "change" when Garrosh brings Draenor up to our timeline? For us it's just the normal course of events. Nothing has changed about our timeline. This thing is happening in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Why would our reality "change" when Garrosh brings Draenor up to our timeline? For us it's just the normal course of events. Nothing has changed about our timeline. This thing is happening in the present.
    He's thinks that there must be a version of Azeroth where Garrosh had his ass whooped and executed and this never happend.

What if in their reality the Draenei are the cool Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirdamor View Post
    He's thinks that there must be a version of Azeroth where Garrosh had his ass whooped and executed and this never happend.
    I don't understand that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    This pretty much.

Metzen wanted the old Orcish badasses (rockstars) to return and they just came up with a nifty story to do that. Since they didn't want to reuse same old Outland (due to how Cataclysm was received) they came up with Draenor before it exploded. But how are they going to explain that? They decided on an alternate universe.

But please people stop speculating about more alternate universes in future expansions, I think WoD is simply an exception. An exception made so we wouldn't have to play on exactly the same Outland as in TBC. You do know that originally they had planned for Garrosh to resurrect all the Warlords on Outland? Yeah, the only reason they didn't do that is because they feared another Cataclysm, so instead they wanted us to explore Draenor before it was ripped apart.

That's all there is to it, no need for crazy theories that tie everything together. Heck, Blizzard never even thinks that far ahead. They just do what is cool in the present.
    I don't see how it's a crazy theory when Blizzard outright says the Draenei have the means to travel through alternate realities.

I don't understand that.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see how it's a crazy theory when Blizzard outright says the Draenei have the means to travel through alternate realities.
    It's a crazy theory because Blizzard, as well as most of the gaming community, know how badly overly complicated time travel and inter dimensional things tend to go.

They made very sure everybody knew this wasn't an expansion based on time travel but one based on Draenor, and that time travel was just a vehicle to allow it rather than a focus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    It's a crazy theory because Blizzard, as well as most of the gaming community, know how badly overly complicated time travel and inter dimensional things tend to go.

They made very sure everybody knew this wasn't an expansion based on time travel but one based on Draenor, and that time travel was just a vehicle to allow it rather than a focus.
    Why would the Draenei, originally coming from an alternate reality, be overly complicated?

Why would the Draenei, originally coming from an alternate reality, be overly complicated?
    Because once you fully open Pandora's box like that all of a sudden you start facing lots of paradoxes and getting multiple copies of the same character which ruins a lot of the tension and drama in the story, as well as the uniqueness in the story and character. They seem to be making very clear that it'll be past Khadgar and Velen, and said at Blizzcon "you don't have to worry about Garrosh running into a younger version of himself or whatever", because they specifically don't want to reach these issues.

If we find out "our draenei" are from another dimension, then all of a sudden there could be another 100 draenei settlements that drop into our universe, it just starts becoming muddled and I don't think many people find that interesting.

Interesting, although that could imply that somewhere out there there's Argus with Kil'Jaedan/Archimonde/Velen all sat there in charge none the wiser as to who the burning legion are.

Although I guess if the legion traveled cross dimension their first port of call might be killing the denizens of Argus.

I think it's a bit far fetched, I don't see blizzard delving TOO deep into "different dimensions, copies of characters", and think it's mainly being pushed as a gimmick to do a Draenor expac
    It's also possible that dimensional beings like the legion Naru and eredar are united across possible existences. There could be only one Kil'Jaeden and opening a new alternate time line merely expands the amount of worlds he knows about and acts in.

Playable Draenei could be the last of their existence that hasn't been wiped out of all created possibilities; which would explain why they are only aware of the current existence. This would of course make the new alternate time line with draenei in it of immense interest to KJ though, and I don't think this expansion is supposed to be a legion thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    It's also possible that dimensional beings like the legion Naru and eredar are united across possible existences. There could be only one Kil'Jaeden and opening a new alternate time line merely expands the amount of worlds he knows about and acts in.

Playable Draenei could be the last of their existence that hasn't been wiped out of all created possibilities; which would explain why they are only aware of the current existence. This would of course make the new alternate time line with draenei in it of immense interest to KJ though, and I don't think this expansion is supposed to be a legion thing.
    I just don't see why Blizzard would add that, it doesn't seem particularly compelling and as you said we already know they're in at least 2 realities.

This expansion definitely will be a legion thing, particularly towards the end. We know the legion are already involved and Gul'Dan has drank Mannoroth's blood, I think it was Kosak who mentioned a line about how the legion won't be particularly happy when Gul'Dan tells them about them turning it down and Garrosh. They also said this expac will set up the next one and lead into it, which i'm pretty sure suggests the climax being the legion taking matters into their own hands.

I just don't see why Blizzard would add that, it doesn't seem particularly compelling and as you said we already know they're in at least 2 realities.

This expansion definitely will be a legion thing, particularly towards the end. We know the legion are already involved and Gul'Dan has drank Mannoroth's blood, I think it was Kosak who mentioned a line about how the legion won't be particularly happy when Gul'Dan tells them about them turning it down and Garrosh. They also said this expac will set up the next one and lead into it, which i'm pretty sure suggests the climax being the legion taking matters into their own hands.
    We know that they are acting in at least two realities. We've been given no indication that the individuals are separate though. Until two Velen's high five it's up in the air.

I would like to believe that this expansion will flow into a legion themed expansion, but I guess I'm losing faith that it will happen.

Deleted
    Because once you fully open Pandora's box like that all of a sudden you start facing lots of paradoxes and getting multiple copies of the same character which ruins a lot of the tension and drama in the story, as well as the uniqueness in the story and character. They seem to be making very clear that it'll be past Khadgar and Velen, and said at Blizzcon "you don't have to worry about Garrosh running into a younger version of himself or whatever", because they specifically don't want to reach these issues.

If we find out "our draenei" are from another dimension, then all of a sudden there could be another 100 draenei settlements that drop into our universe, it just starts becoming muddled and I don't think many people find that interesting.
    Our timeline could be one where the draenei didn't originally exist at all, because they never evolved, or because they died out at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly don't mind the complexity of all this. I enjoy Doctor Who.

However, the average player doesn't even know basic events of history or read quest text. Isn't this going to be a bit much for a glosser-over light-reader to handle? I think that's a big portion of the playerbase.

15+ Year Old Account
    From the newest "Know your lore" article

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/20/kn...gun/#continued

So if Tempest Keep was able to travel through alternate realities, it's not far-fetched to assume that the Naaru and the Draenei, and therefore the Eredar, are actually from an alternate reality. And if the Burning Legion followed them all these thousands of years, they might be, too.
    Tempest Keep brought the Naaru to Draenor after it had been ripped apart by the opening of the portals to other worlds by Ner'zhul.
    The Draenei came to Draenor on the Oshu'gun ship which was also a Dimensional Ship.

So it is possible.
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2013-11-22 at 02:34 PM.
    Sig by Safhira

dimension =/= alternate reality

Thanks Metzen for befuddling that nicely.
    Last edited by jishdefish; 2013-11-22 at 02:37 PM.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com