Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpif View Post
    You want to say "gw2 is a bad game" and I want to say "shut the fuck up, cause you don't know what you are talking about".
    Read my first post in this thread on page 1 and then realize what an idiot you've made out of yourself I wouldn't recommend flinging childish insults, it will only earn you infractions.

I still absolutely recommend this game to everyone as one of the best (if not the best) MMO's out there. I was only ranting on the PvP, but you completely and utterly failed to notice that. That is all.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-11-22 at 05:00 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

They made a huge hype about it and I was really excited for it, but the game sucks imo.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    They made a huge hype about it and I was really excited for it, but the game sucks imo.
    Care to support that statement with reasons for coming to that conclusion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just buy it. It's worth the 60 bucks and everything else comes with it. No sub fee. Decide on it. You have read the reviews and the opinions on this forum. Just buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    IMO = opinion not statement :P

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    TBH, my biggest problem with alemaite's comment is the whole hype bit...who are "they", and how did "they" "hype" it? I'm going to assume by "they" he means "ANet" - which in turn, means "hype" means "marketed/marketing"...which is kinda their job Any actual "hype" comes from the community, and more directly from the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

hype is almost always done by the community, unless you are that guy from Warhammer Online (forgot his name, he was super hyper in the videos he did promoting the game)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Any actual "hype" comes from the community, and more directly from the individual.
    Ima let you finish, but GW2 had the best leveling of all time. OF ALL TIME. On a serious note, I can't believe this thread has gone on for so long. It's a game that you pay for once and can play practically limitlessly. They constantly add things to the game. If this post needs economical validation for the purchase, the game is mathematically worth it as it continues to increase in value with an initial investment.

If you could purchase a $60 sub at a sandwich shop but get a free sandwich every day, would it be worth it? Ok. Same deal here.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    TBH, my biggest problem with alemaite's comment is the whole hype bit...who are "they", and how did "they" "hype" it? I'm going to assume by "they" he means "ANet" - which in turn, means "hype" means "marketed/marketing"...which is kinda their job Any actual "hype" comes from the community, and more directly from the individual.
    Aye, as much as I'd love to debate the hype surrounding gw2, we've all been there and done that :P Hype surrounds nearly everything...except the Wii U.

About as worth it as it is getting rift or swtor.

Aye, as much as I'd love to debate the hype surrounding gw2, we've all been there and done that :P Hype surrounds nearly everything...except the Wii U.
    Oh, I know

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I would buy it rite now but I don't want to blow 40-60 on another mmo I might just end up BLEH on.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    It goes on sale quite regular just wait a couple of weeks and you will be able to pick it up for a decent price.

The game is well worth the box price for the leveling content alone and with no sub fee and regular content patches your free to play as much and whenever you like. I played on release and for a couple of months after, I then quit the game for around 5 months but I now find myself logging on from time to time to check the new updates, iv never once regretted paying the box fee even if this game didn't become my 'main MMO'.

Ahem.

The most relevant part: a report of facts or opinions

So while it's true that IMO means In My Opinion, an opinion is a statement.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahem.

You don't like his opinion so you'd rather argue semantics? I hope you aren't serious. Mr. Cool glasses don't appropriately represent sarcasm without a sarcasm font in the off chance you are just joking.
    BAD WOLF

I bought the collectors edition and couldn't wait for launch, had a few friends on skype with me ready for the day of launch.
    Played it just a couple of times and haven't touched it since.
    Great graphics and sound, some great features just didn't feel smooth, felt clunky and awkward ... haven't played it since the second/third day mind so not sure if it's improved since.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You don't like his opinion so you'd rather argue semantics? I hope you aren't serious. Mr. Cool glasses don't appropriately represent sarcasm without a sarcasm font in the off chance you are just joking.
    Actually, I asked the one who said the game sucks the reasons for his statement. Someone else entirely replied IMO=Opinion, not statement, so I posted to clarify that, yes, an opinion is a statement, so my question still stands. No further information about said statement/opinion has been forthcoming. Read more carefully, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read more carefully, please.
    I guess I've probably had to tell you this before, since your name looks familiar, but if you'd slow down instead of trying to start the insult game, you'd see my point was that you are arguing semantics. Now that I know you're serious: how tacky. If you really wanted to know the inner workings on what formed an opinion, surely there's a better way than passive aggressive wordplay, no?
    BAD WOLF

I guess I've probably had to tell you this before, since your name looks familiar, but if you'd slow down instead of trying to start the insult game, you'd see my point was that you are arguing semantics. Now that I know you're serious: how tacky. If you really wanted to know the inner workings on what formed an opinion, surely there's a better way than passive aggressive wordplay, no?
    Okay, going to break this down piece by piece.

It began here.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Note the name. alemaite. I reply to this with:

Someone else entirely replies:

I reply to them, not the aforementioned alemaite, with:

Ahem.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
    You reply to that with:

Now, if I am reading this correctly, you are replying to my pointing out the fact that an opinion is a statement as defined by the dictionary, as me arguing semantics over an opinion. This is not true. This is me correcting someone in the definition of statement as meaning, among other things, an opinion. Hence my reply:

Actually, I asked the one who said the game sucks the reasons for his statement. Someone else entirely replied IMO=Opinion, not statement, so I posted to clarify that, yes, an opinion is a statement, so my question still stands. No further information about said statement/opinion has been forthcoming. Read more carefully, please.
    Again, the person who said the game sucks has not responded, so calling me out for something I did not do, to wit:

If you really wanted to know the inner workings on what formed an opinion, surely there's a better way than passive aggressive wordplay, no?
    is, as I reiterate, a case of: Please read more carefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, if I am reading this correctly, you are replying to my pointing out the fact that an opinion is a statement as defined by the dictionary, as me arguing semantics over an opinion. This is not true. This is me correcting someone in the definition of statement as meaning, among other things, an opinion. Hence my reply
    Yep. Hashing words. Arguing semantics. I'm just calling a spade a spade here.
    BAD WOLF