10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MackMaynee View Post
    Pulling ~200kish but that is awful imho
    Seems completely reasonable to me, given your iLvl

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say 180-210k ish

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    200k seems fairly reasonable given no legendaries, and frankly garbage trinkets for single target. You were frost when I first checked, but you might want to flip your glyphs to something useful if you're going fire now.

Deleted
    Legendaries make up a huge part of your dps, I wouldn't worry too much, you seem to be in the right area for your gear.

Deleted
    Hey, you say you're doing 200k ish, not trying to dis prove you but i ran a quick search on epeen bot for log entries and you seem to be hovering around 140k - 160k on most fights, some are lower.

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/laug...skull/messyxo/

As already stated your trinkets arent great (not your fault obviously, lady luck can be a bitch) and tbh with your crit i would stay away from fire unless you dont like playing frost. I can hit like 49% crit as fire and i still find that frost out performs it on almost all fights, but this could be due to our tactics and raid composition. I also had a reply to a post similar to this which i posed, asking if i should forgo some WF to get 4 piece and go Fire, i tried it and as i said Frost > Fire for me. But within that post someone said you shouldnt go fire til like 550+ ilvl (i dont care for ilvl, more about stats) and have 4 pc + Amp trinket. In my experience i would aim for 50% + crit and 40k + sp before trying fire, cause dry spells really hurt, but maybe i had poor RNG.

Also as already stated the legendaries make a nice buff to our dps, i wouldnt say theyre game changing but you will notice quite a difference (unlike a shadow priest that was expecting 80k + dps for meta and cloak).

From a quick simcraft, it says you sim at 214k as Fire Mage.
    But as Mystique has said your a lot lower than that point.

I'm running frost, and finding myself above that mark. Frost just seems to scale a lot easier over fire, I'm not the one for a crit based RNG (but bare in mind, I tried fire out a long time ago in terrible gear).
    I sim for 236k in lesser gear than you (545 equiped, 2 set SoO tier, only the legendary meta no cloak).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    From a quick simcraft, it says you sim at 214k as Fire Mage.
    But as Mystique has said your a lot lower than that point.

I'm running frost, and finding myself above that mark. Frost just seems to scale a lot easier over fire, I'm not the one for a crit based RNG (but bare in mind, I tried fire out a long time ago in terrible gear).
    I sim for 236k in lesser gear than you (545 equiped, 2 set SoO tier, only the legendary meta no cloak).
    Hey, the parses i found were all as frost, im guess he is just trialling fire and hasnt actually raided as Fire yet.

To the OP

I had a closer look and delved into your logs, most of it looks fine, need to work on uptime for Invocation, should be high 90's and some fights you're down mid 60s, same for Bombs
    Last edited by mmoc25a75a0ebc; 2013-11-23 at 08:28 PM.

Like everyone else has said but I feel like I should add it your trinkets are pretty bad. For fire trinkets make a pretty massive dps increase, not saying they don't for frost I'm sure they do. My mage is 573 and I play frost on farm night because I find it more fun and honestly easier to manage, not saying fire is hard at all just my play style I suppose. But some quick things, you're missing enchants that are pretty massive shoulder enchant, and the tinker on the gloves from engineering. You have spirit bracers which is also probably not your fault but yeah probably want to get rid of those also. But yeah as a top 100~ fire mage in the world I would suggest that you go frost until you get meta and cape and maybe a bit better of trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have gone from 496-548 in two weeks so my current logs are a bit inaccurate as last weeks garrosh kill I was 440 and I am 447 now. I just went fire this morning

A bit off topic but whats with all the expertise gems?
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

10+ Year Old Account
    Expertise Crit is best red gem for Fire because 1EXP=1HIT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MackMaynee View Post
    I have gone from 496-548 in two weeks so my current logs are a bit inaccurate as last weeks garrosh kill I was 440 and I am 447 now. I just went fire this morning
    Agreed, just try and remember what i mentioned about Invovation and bomb uptimes, ilvl wont affect that =) Im usually around 95 - 97% uptime on invo, some fights your bomb uptime is naturally lower due to phasing adds etc etc, but invo down time hurts. Again i really would stay frost for a little while til you can grab a few more crit pieces, proper bracers etc and PBOI trinket, the amp is awesome for keeping ignites high with good crit streaks.
    Last edited by mmoc25a75a0ebc; 2013-11-24 at 11:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting your shoulders would help maybe...