Poll: Would you like to see aura glyphs implemented?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Paladin auras as minor cosmetic glyphs?

Just looking at the front page;
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    are paladins ever going to get their auras back? they just feel like glorified warriors without them and it made them unique.
    In theory, perhaps. In practice you just picked Devotion Aura unless you were mounted or had a particular resistance fight.
    What about minor glyphs?
    ie: Glyph of Devotion Aura: While you have a seal active, you radiate the light and principles of devotion.

Could be a constant pulsating aura much like Warcraft III or Priest's Chakra.

Seems like a simple fix to me, and more cosmetic options never hurt anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been a fan of simply removing things when they can be improved upon. It seems Blizzard's policy nowadays is to simply remove it when it doesn't hold up to expectations.

In any case, I would love to see something like aura's back in the game. I'm also still waiting for librams hanging on our waists. But hey, that was removed long ago too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice yeah, far preferable to something like judgement changing shape. The only issue would be having Karabor (oh yeah I'm looking ahead) being full of paladins with glowing auras. At least Priests have to active their Chakra, if ours was permanent then can anyone say "LAAAAAAGGGGG"?

I actually wish they were put back in but just had very minor buffs. Yes I know this is pure nostalgia speaking and I won't even deny it but I do think it could be worked in. Paladins have been seen previously as the defensive spellcaster who hits things with a hammer right? Have them to be a minor self buff only. This may end up feeling a LOT like seals which is an issue but give me some time and I'll come up with a workaround.

Have a lvl 100 talent that then duplicates 50-90% of the buff as a raid wide effect. That then gives you the choice of a defensive lvl 100 talent at the cost of some personal dps or the others which are just "more damage". As long as the other talents have something nice for Holy then this won't feel mandatory for the healers. Minor enough to not be fucked without it (even then, it doesn't matter as they're assuming you have at least one for Mythic) but powerful enough that a fraction of the ability is good enough that raid wide, it's worth the personal dps loss (as you can then drop a healer potentially if 3 is too many and 2 is not enough).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I've never been a fan of simply removing things when they can be improved upon. It seems Blizzard's policy nowadays is to simply remove it when it doesn't hold up to expectations.

In any case, I would love to see something like aura's back in the game. I'm also still waiting for librams hanging on our waists. But hey, that was removed long ago too.
    I don't ever recall having librams around the waist, just a an item slot. I did love librams though, it added a lot of customizability and the newest libram wasn't always guaranteed to be better for any given situation.

Auras didn't do anything for me; just more bar clutter. I like auras being active abilities that require thought instead. Would be cool to have a more concentrated version of the retribution aura though as a defensive/offensive ability; ie: reflecting a lot more damage to make people think twice before firing that chaos bolt for a few seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    The only issue would be having Karabor (oh yeah I'm looking ahead) being full of paladins with glowing auras. At least Priests have to active their Chakra, if ours was permanent then can anyone say "LAAAAAAGGGGG"?
    I've never had an issue with people in Chakra or Shadowform or anything in cities, and I play(ed) on a laptop that isn't that amazing. :P

I'm also still waiting for librams hanging on our waists.
    best pally xmog belt evar.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=93533#modelviewer:1+0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    I don't ever recall having librams around the waist, just a an item slot. I did love librams though, it added a lot of customizability and the newest libram wasn't always guaranteed to be better for any given situation.
    We never had them hanging around the waist, but it was one of those things that could have made it an improvement and was requested by many. It could have been made to be different from those who used a ranged slot (like warriors) but instead they just removed the whole thing for everyone. They gave us more base stats instead! Pretty boring when you see the below fan art.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Looks lame in comparison to the fan art. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    thats not really a libram though = /

maybe something like this ? http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...e123/lul-1.jpg
    More like this yeah.

Deleted
    We never had them hanging around the waist, but it was one of those things that could have made it an improvement and was requested by many. It could have been made to be different from those who used a ranged slot (like warriors) but instead they just removed the whole thing for everyone. They gave us more base stats instead! Pretty boring when you see the below fan art.

Edit:

Looks lame in comparison to the fan art. =(
    Would die if I could get such armor for my pala. :x

But hope to get like an aura, would be neat. Might be something with a paladin-quest like warlock-quest for green fire? Read somewhere in Q&A about paladin getting a bit more lore and such with WoD.

Would love to get librams too though, maybe as a minor glyph? Know they talked about it before though guess its as much scrapped as quiver for hunters. : /

wish librams looked like that in the fanart Shuji V2 linked of arthas ....

10+ Year Old Account
    If librams became visible I want mine on a chain and a spell to smack a bitch upside the head with it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Aura effects in WCIII always looked so cool in my book, I would love to see these in game. and not limited to pallys either.

I agree, I have no issue with cosmetic glyphs, after all isn't that what minor glyphs are for now a days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Libram of the Devoted.
    Teaches you the ability Libram of the Devoted. The Paladin equips the Libram of the Devoted and radiates the power of the libram periodically; Devotion Aura. Lasts until canceled.

How about we throw librams and aura's in one? =D

Teaches you the ability Libram of the Devoted. The Paladin equips the Libram of the Devoted and radiates the power of the libram periodically; Devotion Aura. Lasts until canceled.

this x10times someone go spam ghostcrawler twitter jjesusszz

daaaaamn that is a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gief visible auras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Geez ppl. I wanted to change my dwarf pally to Draenei for WoD, but now I want him to be human like when I first created him :O

Just hope the male human model looks good.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If librams became visible I want mine on a chain and a spell to smack a bitch upside the head with it.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=40593/argent-tome#.

And yes, would make my Paladin very happy if the re-introduced auras and librams. Personally i was a lit disappointed by the following blue response to our aura's returning:
    In theory, perhaps. In practice you just picked Devotion Aura unless you were mounted or had a particular resistance fight. (Source)
    Overall, there are precious few examples where the "pick one of this mode" mechanic really works for classes
    If moonclucks and Dks can have aura's, why can't Paladins keep something they have had since the beginning of Warcraft and also in games like D&D?

Yes, let's add more shiny bulls*it to take up space in raids. Ground healing effects and things are already annoying enough...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!