Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    It depends what the approach/goal is I guess. Two Chaos Bolts with the first 10s trinket proc or not waste Backdraft stacks? What's optimal I have no idea but my point is still the same and I personally hate wasting Backdraft stacks with LMG up.
    Wasted Backdraft gives you what, extra Incinerate over whole fight? Chaos Bolt leaving after both trinkets just runs out is easily 1-1,5mln+ damage less from second CB. You obviously don't want either situation, but I think preferring getting that 2 CBs is more important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Wasted Backdraft gives you what, extra Incinerate over whole fight? Chaos Bolt leaving after both trinkets just runs out is easily 1-1,5mln+ damage less from second CB. You obviously don't want either situation, but I think preferring getting that 2 CBs is more important.
    It's not "wasting" backdraft if it's a dps increase. If that's what you need to do to get your chaos bolts off in that particular case it would be ridiculous to miss your window because you were more concerned about incinerates.

Quote Originally Posted by tremenda View Post
    i consider myself a decent warlock , i can i can outdps on most fights classes whoom are simming better than me but when i see like 2 months passed and im stuck on 2set and other raid members coining bis items coin after coin just makes me feel like i want to facedesk my pc.
    interesting what classes "sim" better than locks?

by picking a talent tree you are already apt to be better than the majority of other classes/specs
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    interesting what classes "sim" better than locks?

by picking a talent tree you are already apt to be better than the majority of other classes/specs
    Basically every spec in game but 3 sim better than Locks.

Just Sayin'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    I'd have to agree with Nivrax on this particular point, assuming that by not using the Backdraft you wouldn't have gotten out the Chaos Bolt with procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    It's not "wasting" backdraft if it's a dps increase. If that's what you need to do to get your chaos bolts off in that particular case it would be ridiculous to miss your window because you were more concerned about incinerates.
    You're really good at stating the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'd have to agree with Nivrax on this particular point, assuming that by not using the Backdraft you wouldn't have gotten out the Chaos Bolt with procs.
    Well, how often are you gonna be able to cast 2 CB's during the first 10s proc anyway? I think you need to crit everything for that to happen. If we're talking about a 20s time frame and maximizing CB's during DS/Bindings I'm confident in my method of doing just one conflag and hold the second one until needed. Which means until out of Backdraft stacks and LMG is not up or we're reaching a 2nd charge of Conflagrate again.

I can't believe I'm arguing over something silly as an opener, though. It's just surprising to me that people care so little about Backdraft as a whole.

Deleted

Well, how often are you gonna be able to cast 2 CB's during the first 10s proc anyway? I think you need to crit everything for that to happen. If we're talking about a 20s time frame and maximizing CB's during DS/Bindings I'm confident in my method of doing just one conflag and hold the second one until needed. Which means until out of Backdraft stacks and LMG is not up or we're reaching a 2nd charge of Conflagrate again.

I can't believe I'm arguing over something silly as an opener, though. It's just surprising to me that people care so little about Backdraft as a whole.
    With a non bloodlusted pull, doing incinerate -> dark soul -> immolate (boss is pulled) followed by 2 conflags and 3 incinerates, I always manage to get off 2 chaos bolts before Toxic Power and 4 piece fall off. Throw in a bloodlust (or even just if you run M > H > C) and you can refresh immolate with everything up too which I think is decent.

I don't think people don't care about backdraft, it's just that in a situation where you have such short procs (KTT/BBoY) you really want to squeeze out that second chaos bolt before it falls off. Now if my KTT didn't proc until 5 seconds in or so then I'd throw out a 4th incinerate.
    Last edited by mmoc112615a1c9; 2013-11-24 at 12:19 AM.

I usually just hit buttons until bigger numbers show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's so obvious I'm not sure what you're even debating.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I think the stat weights from your ilvl are right, haste pulling ahead is just how simcraft see things on perfect mode. For single target haste is a valuable stat but whenever aoe comes into mind, mastery benefits more (as destro). I'll try switching for an AoE scenario (galakras) or 3 target cleave (midway Norushen) to confirm.

About grimoiries, from my perspective, keep using GoSup on Imerseus, protectors (afflic is better anw), sha (adds die fast in normal mode), Malkorok, Thok (imp for AoE dispell), Nazgrim (pets don't give rage), etc.

EDIT: I told you all that considering 3 things:

First; your progression, you're going through normal mode.
    Second; your composition. Strategy tends to change a lot. Iron Jugernaut I went GoSac with SacPact for bombs.
    Third; considering the fights on orgrimar, they're almost all add fights, and the better you use chaos bolts and shadowburn, the more impact GoSac will have.

I ran your profile again in cleave fights and AoE fights and mastery is the way to go, I'd not change anything (number wise, might consider chaging gems to expertise) considering your offspec is demon.
    Thanks so much for all your help brought a lot of things to light that I was really unsure of. Makes a lot of sense what you said, glad to know I'm on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    I usually just hit buttons until bigger numbers show up.
    To be honest, so many people try and min max every minor detail to beyond their skill cap, they end up lowering their dps than if they were to just keep it simple.

I've found the best results (as troll) with: Pre-cast incinerate & immolate, 1 conflag, 1 rain of fire, 1-2 incinerates and 2 chaos bolts. Both CB's hit in the 10 sec window of toxic power, and in times with multiple targets (Paragons as an example) you could just replace one incinerate with an additional conflag and cast 3 CB's before toxic power falls off.

/edit: And also in the 4-set window.
    Last edited by Crisius; 2013-11-24 at 02:21 PM.

Well, how often are you gonna be able to cast 2 CB's during the first 10s proc anyway?
    With LMG and approx 7.5k haste its easy to get the second one out. With Bloodlust it's not even close.

How accurate are Simc results for destro? I noticed that I am supposed to beat our second highest simmed raid member by 12k in pure ST fights, but Usually it is a really close call, I also am the only player in the guild playing at 300+ ms.

Deleted
    Destruction definitely sims closest out of the three specs, just remember that a patchwerk sim never has to deal with mechanics whilst trying to fire off that mega chaos bolt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    With LMG and approx 7.5k haste its easy to get the second one out. With Bloodlust it's not even close.
    idd, most of the time by far you can get that 2 CBs off during those 10 sec intervals with procs and that is with 5,3k haste, ofc it will be tight at times, but luck with procs(bindings proccing first and then after a couple of secs, ktt proc which happens quite often too) makes it quite easy, with bloodlust you can very often get both CBs off AND get an immolate with dark soul and(in my situation) bindings and KTT proc up on the target for a nice boost to my ember generation.

Deleted
    Starting garrosh next reset, any tips for how to deal with p1?

Is it important to burn down the adds asap or would it be better for progression to only use them for embers and focus on the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post

Is it important to burn down the adds asap or would it be better for progression to only use them for embers and focus on the boss?
    Well the adds do need to be at at least 50% before the iron star's come so they die from the iron star... but no need to dps them more than that on progression really if you wanted to be super strict about it... another way to look at it is the quicker they get to 20%, the quicker you can havoc shadowburn them Also the quicker they die the less chance of someone being randomly gibbed by an add.

We had a rule on progress where " only aoe if the end result is the same single target dps as if you hadnt aoe'd ( or very close) or if you would even gain a single target dps increase. On 1 night we even had 4 destro warlocks so the rule was that as soon as they got to 40% everyone else stopped aoe'ing so that the warlocks could easily shadowburn using all 6 charges .

On farm it is pretty much a fact that everyone goes full crazy aoe mode and the first wave of mobs are dead in like 5 seconds
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Well the adds do need to be at at least 50% before the iron star's come so they die from the iron star... but no need to dps them more than that on progression really if you wanted to be super strict about it... another way to look at it is the quicker they get to 20%, the quicker you can havoc shadowburn them Also the quicker they die the less chance of someone being randomly gibbed by an add.

We had a rule on progress where " only aoe if the end result is the same single target dps as if you hadnt aoe'd ( or very close) or if you would even gain a single target dps increase. On 1 night we even had 4 destro warlocks so the rule was that as soon as they got to 40% everyone else stopped aoe'ing so that the warlocks could easily shadowburn using all 6 charges .

On farm it is pretty much a fact that everyone goes full crazy aoe mode and the first wave of mobs are dead in like 5 seconds
    Why would you use the Glyph of Havoc on that fight? Weapon spawns are up enough for cleaving Incinerates/Immos that the glyph would be a loss.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm assuming you're 25m, so I can't give you tips for solo'ing Engineers in P1. That said, it depends on how much passive AoE you have from other classes. Keep in mind that even if the mobs are at 60% when the star hits, that's still 10% left on all of them to Shadowburn after the star. I'd just let people AoE cleave for increased single target damage (Yourself included) which will probably get them to 60% if 25m health values are anything like 10m health values.

For later phases there's not much optimization beyond using Immo/Incinerates for Havoc cleave for the single target increase on the weapons.

Deleted
    With a non bloodlusted pull, doing incinerate -> dark soul -> immolate (boss is pulled) followed by 2 conflags and 3 incinerates, I always manage to get off 2 chaos bolts before Toxic Power and 4 piece fall off. Throw in a bloodlust (or even just if you run M > H > C) and you can refresh immolate with everything up too which I think is decent.

I don't think people don't care about backdraft, it's just that in a situation where you have such short procs (KTT/BBoY) you really want to squeeze out that second chaos bolt before it falls off. Now if my KTT didn't proc until 5 seconds in or so then I'd throw out a 4th incinerate.
    This is exactly what I ment!
    If everything works out perfect you can apply an Immolate with all buffs too (which results in a value lika 80 in my AffDots). And this is quite awsome as it deals very nice DPS as well as increasing your ember generation (due to high Intellect resulting in high crit rate as well es high tick rate because of LMG). This is why I even "waste" 3 Backdraft stacks for a Chaos Bolt if I could have casted it without, too, but I couldn't have applied Immolate with all buffs after it.

EDIT:
    I hope my post doesn't sound as weird for a native as it sounds to me after reading through it again...

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Why would you use the Glyph of Havoc on that fight? Weapon spawns are up enough for cleaving Incinerates/Immos that the glyph would be a loss.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm assuming you're 25m, so I can't give you tips for solo'ing Engineers in P1. That said, it depends on how much passive AoE you have from other classes. Keep in mind that even if the mobs are at 60% when the star hits, that's still 10% left on all of them to Shadowburn after the star. I'd just let people AoE cleave for increased single target damage (Yourself included) which will probably get them to 60% if 25m health values are anything like 10m health values.

For later phases there's not much optimization beyond using Immo/Incinerates for Havoc cleave for the single target increase on the weapons.

I use havoc glyph for that fight because on progress you can get 6x shadowburns on the first wave of adds, and during the 1st transition having 6 havoc charges makes killing the adds in there much faster, getting through that first transistion fast is arguably one of the most important parts of the fight to make sure you are under 25 energy going into p2. We always kill the weapons, dont know how you do it, and with glyphed Havoc I can do 2x chaos bolt on the 1st wep in p2, and then Chaos bolt > 3x shadowburn with havoc on the other weapons. (all but 1 weapon where the cooldown doesnt allow it). Truth be told I could probably go without Glyphed havoc now that 1st transistion is not a problem on farm and the 1st wave of adds die too fast to do 6x sburn anyway most of the time. For progress I would definently take glyphed havoc though. (All the above speaking about 25 man ofc)
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).