Serpent pets buggy?

Hey guys, has anyone else noticed serpent pets bugging out and just stop attacking?

its been happening to me all week our rogue has been away so ive been doing ASPD buff. but my DPS dropped alot and i noticed my pet sometimes just chilin by my side as if we wernt in combat and he wouldn't go back until i told him to attack.

Obviously the first thing i checked was that he wasn't on passive >.>

anyone else noticed anything similar?

Deleted
    I haven't noticed something like this happening to my Serpent. On which bosses did this occur and which spec were you playing?

BM and every boss in SoO. Particularly i noticed it on Iron Jug, thok and garroosh where there isnt a lot of add switching

10+ Year Old Account
    I run with a serpent full-time and I've never experienced this problem. I play Beast Mastery for Thok, Iron Juggernaut and Garrosh and still haven't experienced any pet problems.

I haven't seen it myself but I've heard other people claim to have issues with the dragonhawk/wind serpent pets, but never a snake serpent before. I use one fairly often and haven't seen that.

To fix it you can try telling it to attack directly (I believe the default keybind is ctrl-1) and/or toggling it between passive and assist once or twice to reset its AI. I've found the latter to be helpful on spoils of pandaria if your pet gets stuck on a box somewhere.

I have /pet attack macro'd into serpent sting and multishot (for BM). Because if I'm doing either of those 2 things I want my pet on whatever I'm shooting.

Deleted
    Ive been using serpent for some time now. There were a few moments were the pet just went passive while not setting the pet to passive. This is especially in fights with different phases ( Norushen and Garrosh ). I added a macro to some attacks that makes the pet attack anyways so most pet problems were solved with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    I haven't seen it myself but I've heard other people claim to have issues with the dragonhawk/wind serpent pets, but never a snake serpent before. I use one fairly often and haven't seen that.
    Windserpents and dragonhawks can (or at least used to) bug out a little because they have a ranged ability. Even though it has no minimum range, they'd sometimes back off the boss in order to use it.

Serpents don't have a ranged ability, so it's unlikely to be that. You could try another serpent or a hyena in case it's something wrong with that particular pet. I had a quilen with buggy pathing, and taming a different one seemed to solve the problem.

yea ive switched to hyena for the moment i may macro the attack, i used to do that before assist was brought in but never found the need for it again so i didnt even think of doing that.

thanks everyone

Deleted
    Same issue here. My Serpent just stops his attacks... And I play both BM and SV and the issue affects both specs.

Out of curiosity, are people seeing this issue with the cobra model, the arcane wyrms or both?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Out of curiosity, are people seeing this issue with the cobra model, the arcane wyrms or both?
    I use Acroniss, the arcane wyrm model. Haven't seen the issue except for Garrosh on Flex mode. He would stop attacking and sit beside me as if on passive, the attack command did nothing. Only way I got him biting Garrosh's ass again was dismiss and resummon. Sucks to lose dps to a bug. No other pet I've used in Siege, on any difficulty or boss, bugged out like my serpent did on Garrosh.

Deleted
    I use both Venomtip and Acroniss...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm BM, and I've noticed with with both a cat and a wolf pet. Sometimes, randomly, I'll start attacking, the pet will make the sound like it's going to attack, and then just sits there at my side. And very rarely, it'll happen in mid-battle. Not on any particular mob, I've seen it happen on both boss fights and random world mobs. My pet will be doing its thing, and then suddenly start running back to me and sit by my side, even when the mob is still quite alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I've noticed this issue as well. When I stampede sometimes my pets will just decide not to attack and start running back to me for no reason. Spamming my petattack button usually fixes it but its a good 5-8 seconds of stampede lost. I notice it the most with the Spirit of the North white wyrm pet. They're relatively newly tamable (this expansion I think?) and they still don't like to always work properly.

If I had to take a guess I'd say its just the same old pet targeting/pathing problems we've had since this game started. Years of patching has alleviated most of the symptoms but these problems are only going to get truly fixed when blizzard makes a new engine for this game. They never will though. They would sooner scrape together more content that gets stale in a month rather than spend the time making the game better as a whole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    I use Acroniss, the arcane wyrm model. Haven't seen the issue except for Garrosh on Flex mode. He would stop attacking and sit beside me as if on passive, the attack command did nothing. Only way I got him biting Garrosh's ass again was dismiss and resummon. Sucks to lose dps to a bug. No other pet I've used in Siege, on any difficulty or boss, bugged out like my serpent did on Garrosh.
    All pets bug on Garrosh. You have to /petattack every time you come back or they'll just stand there next to you.