best pet for raiding(surv)

So im been searching arround some and i cant find a good answer, so just asking here, which pet is the best for the most dps? raiding

it really depends on what your raid needs, I typically bring a Hyena(haste), Sporbat(spellHaste), Wind Serpent(+5% spell dmg), Tallstrider(AoE Sunder), Spirit Beast(for when i go BM)

seriously though, there is no BEST pet, jsut the pet your raid group needs.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always take my Wolf for crit because my raid doesn't have crit.

Seriously, though- there is no best pet, since all pets, regardless of family, do the same DPS as long as they are Ferocity spec. If your raid team is missing a buff, the pet family that provides that pet will be the best pet to bring. For personal, solo DPS use, a pet with Attack Speed or Crit is best for pure damage output, but chances are good that, in a raid, those buffs will already be provided.

If all buffs are provided in a raid setting, it is up to your personal choice- no pet at this point will provide a DPS gain over another, so you can choose something for utility, like an interrupt or a stun, or just pick your favorite-looking pet.

Petopia is a great resource for looking up different pet looks, where to tame them, and what pet families bring what buffs.

As others have said, best pet for your raid, is the pet that brings a debuff/buff that your pet lacks. If your raid has all buffs/raidbuffs, go with Tallstrider for Sunder Armor (3x stacks instant).

If your raid lacks several buffs, pick the buffs your team needs the most. If you're in a caster heavy team which lacks both physical dmg taken & magical damage taken inc., then you would want to bring the pet with the magical damage taken debuff (could be Dragonhawk, (Curse of Elements)), since it benefits the most in the raid and therefore would grant a higher dps output in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is almost 2014 and if you are still asking this, i don't know what to say really.

answer is simple though : whichever buff your raid lacks. if your raid covers all buffs, whichever pet's look suits you.

All pets do the same dps as long as you spec them the same (ferocity, cunning, tenacity). However different pets provide different buffs/debuffs(on the boss) for the raid and it's up to you to fill the hole.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Blast from the past
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sporebat is the best pet, and anyone who says otherwise has no idea what they are talking about.

the "best pet" dont exist but goddamn, the BM have really nice pets. I hope in WoD no BMs hunters can tame news and goods pets. For now we have a new model boar (direhorn remodeled)

Best pet hasnt existed since wrath where it was wolf or die

Its all about spec it for ferocity and have the pet that has the buff or debuff your raid needs

If you aint in a raid and love to solo shit then go with a spirit beast that has a fucking OP heal for hunters

If all buffs are provided in a raid setting, it is up to your personal choice- no pet at this point will provide a DPS gain over another, so you can choose something for utility, like an interrupt or a stun, or just pick your favorite-looking pet.
    That's not quite true. Even if all buffs are covered, the tallstrider's AoE sunder armor can provide an extra bit of damage on trash packs and adds.

Also, handy flowchart: http://images.wowhuntershall.com/201...art-v-5.04.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Sporebat is the best pet, and anyone who says otherwise has no idea what they are talking about.
    This and this only

There is no best pet.
    Your selection of useful pets are Wolf (crit buff), Serpent (attack speed buff), Sporebat (spellhaste buff), Cat (mastery buff) or Raptor (sunder armor debuff).

All pets to the same damage. There is no pet that would do more damage or less damage. You only use a pet or another depending on what buff is missing from the raid. In LFR it's impossible for some buff to be missing, so use anything there.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    im a surv hunter the pets i use are following:
    - Sporebat(mainly since my core raid team doesnt have a shaman elemental)
    - Raptor for Sunder
    - Snake for melee haste
    - Wolf for crit
    - Cat just as a filler i only really needed the other buffs 2 mainly support the raid group

Generally speaking Rogues and Warlocks are the rarest classes and you as Survival do over half your damage as magical, so for random groups you definitely need a Dragonhawk. Groups without a Warrior tank (since Paladins are all the rage now) benefit greatly from the Raptor/Tallstrider... unless they bring mostly ranged DPS because Blizzard sucks at encounter balance. Spell haste is limited to a few specializations, so the Sporebat is always a good choice. If these are covered, more interrupts are always useful, so take a Gorilla. Then for the fifth slot a turtle for add duty in the case of e.g. Dark Animus or something.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

If all else is covered, Tallstrider with Dust Cloud off auto-cast and macrod into multishot. It's a long CD, don't want them auto-casting it on one target.

Deleted
    I suppose it also depends if you spec into Blink Strike. If you don't, then a ranged pet could be considerably better if you are target switching a lot (non-cleave).

Deleted
    When all buffs are covered, you choose the buff you'd miss the most if the boss is at a few percent and wipes half of your raid. Would be a shame if you wipe at 0.5% with a crit buff missing from earlier deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I suppose it also depends if you spec into Blink Strike. If you don't, then a ranged pet could be considerably better if you are target switching a lot (non-cleave).
    Hunter's don't have a "ranged pet". It's why so many of us like Blink Strikes to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brenin View Post
    When all buffs are covered, you choose the buff you'd miss the most if the boss is at a few percent and wipes half of your raid. Would be a shame if you wipe at 0.5% with a crit buff missing from earlier deaths.
    The only buff this applies to is Mastery. However planning for failure isn't really a good practice IMO.