Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Being decked out in full 496 gear is hardly an accomplishment, even if it was on 50 chars. Try getting one fully decked out in 2-stat 535 gear that has spec-appropriate stats. You're gonna take your sweet time to do that.
    already done that on 3 toons, one under way :P but i do agree with u, it is a mind numbing grind for burdens :S

people don´t understand just how gear dependent the island is. I have 2 Flex geared guys who romp through it without any problems.. but even the snakes and cranes give my alts problems who are like ilvl 480ish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Jesus. What happened to this community? Why so much hate? God I had a good time and people are being so rude about it. Why are you so vile? ._. I'll just shrink back into the forums and never return...
    Most of these guys are just trying to act tough in their parents basements.

"Lol timeless isle hard? I went there on my lvl40-alt and 1shot all elites, fucking noob!"

Just ignore these morons, they need to insult others to make themselves feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL ~~ timeless isle a challenge? Not sure what you're doing wrong. Timeless isle is a face roll zone to catch up your gear so you can jump into LFR. There is nothing difficult on the island.
    Go fight The Pirate Ship or Evermaw 1v1.

Oh wait you cant......soooorryyy.

OT; I loved Timeless Isle. I think it could have been about 25% bigger to spread out all the people, I mean on my friends High pop server its literally a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by colossus127 View Post

Oh wait you cant......soooorryyy.

OT; I loved Timeless Isle. I think it could have been about 25% bigger to spread out all the people, I mean on my friends High pop server its literally a joke.
    You can avoid all of pirate ships damage and evermaw does no damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Evermaw's "you can use this to solo mechanic" consists of those rings everybody ignores that he drops, it lets you get a pretty decent damage bonus. Since he does no damage you can just take rings and wear his health down eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Consider it what you want. The warrior was freshly dinged with almost all 496 except trinkets/weapon.
    Okay, you're amazing and everyone adored you. WTF is your problem? Is someone not allowed to have a different opinion than you of what is difficult? Just GTFO if all your going to do is try to argue against him finding it difficult. Ignorant..

The Kilnmasters requre you to pay attention hardcore if your melee. If you space out for half a second you may not get out of the way in time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love auto shooting cinderfall to death at night on my hunter alt while I take a quick nap~

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by colossus127 View Post
    Both can be soloed easily. Ship just go below it. No fire and no cannons.
    Evermaw just keep up with him using the hozou thingy..

MoP is flat out the most melee unfriendly part of the game, Timeless Isle just makes it glaringly obvious.

If you call an area that will rack up more deaths for your toons in a few hours than your toons accumulated going from 1-90 a success then Timeless Isle is a success.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2013-11-24 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    MoP is flat out the most melee unfriendly part of the game, Timeless Isle just makes it glaringly obvious. If you call an area that will rack up more deaths for your toons in a few hours than your toons accumulated going from 1-90 a success then Timeless Isle is a success.
    No deaths makes for a bad endgame. [edit: endgame is a better word, deaths while leveling are just boring!]

I think part of the disconnect is that some people who don't challenge themselves automatically equate actually dying with "difficult content" whereas most higher-end players don't necessarily do so. Just because you die doesn't necessarily mean the stuff is actually difficult.

I gave my definition of "difficult" in this thread which is stuff that you can die repeatedly to and get little-to-no closer to actually killing it. A solo example would be Disruptron as melee-no-levitate especially in intended (~510 item level) gear. Include all bugs such as invisible discs of death, for instance. Even overgearing it, he's a challenge - a true testament to his difficulty.

---

Edit again: Another example of "difficult when undergeared" would be Mingus Diggs. You basically have to execute a perfect rotation to beat him because his DPS check is simply ridiculous. It can be insane to really do a lot of attempts, and wonder whether you are even able with best play to beat him (test of faith?) Of course once you get geared *he* becomes a lot easier and eventually a joke.

Timeless Isle, yes you can die there, but I wouldn't call it that difficult. If you were Diablo III-style Hardcore Character maybe, but as is? Nah.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-11-24 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    No deaths makes for a bad endgame. [edit: endgame is a better word, deaths while leveling are just boring!]

Excessive deaths at end game is not only a bad endgame it is an indicator of lack of creativity by the game developer.

Excessive deaths at end game is not only a bad endgame it is an indicator of lack of creativity by the game developer.
    in most part u can avoid a large number of death if u r careful. u know depending on ur gear lvl, i would say deck urself with all possible buffs, food, + crystal of insanity (+ 500 stats). there u go! now u r good to go and kill mobs. Nothing replaces your personal awareness. staying out of bads helps a lot

That's why you are meant for simple content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    I'm not stupid, I've played this game for nine years. Hence the whole reason why I'm enjoying the challenge because everything in this game besides content above LFR is a faceroll. I have used all the buffs, It's still pretty challenging. Have you done Timeless on a Warrior after not playing since 5.1? No? Okay, than your opinion is mute.
    Yes.
    It was still piss easy. Killing gulp frogs in 3 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    God you people.

Newsflash: you don't have to say everything in the game is easy to protect your e-peens. Timeless Isle is clearly more challenging than anything else. Don't come here saying you used a rogue/dk/ranged with 5 buffs and call it easy. Go play a 450 ilvl arms warrior on TI and get back to me.
    Did it. It was easy.

Got an issue? Get a tissue, and perhaps L2P your goddamn class for once. Might help with not being reduced to a shitstain on the ground on the TI.

Deleted
    This whole life is a grind...
    Fixed that for you. Humanity is on the decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Yes.
    It was still piss easy. Killing gulp frogs in 3 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Did it. It was easy.

Got an issue? Get a tissue, and perhaps L2P your goddamn class for once. Might help with not being reduced to a shitstain on the ground on the TI.

Get your ego out of here db. You can hardly kill some mobs because you can't possibly put out enough DPS before they take too much of your health.

What's funny is I bet the people here bragging would get owned in PvP.

Get your ego out of here db. You can hardly kill some mobs because you can't possibly put out enough DPS before they take too much of your health.
    Repeated quote: "All attacks avoidable" I agree it's an endurance test but so is killing a high priest of ordos solo (without heroic raiding gear), and it's not that difficult to do. Insulting people just because they find content easy that you didn't isn't very convincing.

---

Hey! I wiped a ton of Disruptron and Mingus Diggs (like... a lot). Some people found it easy... they must be supermassive ego dipshits that are lying about their gear level NO WAY they had it easy on a fight I didn't.

I mean... there's that remote possiblity they could just be better than me... nah, if it's hard for me it HAS to be hard for them I'm just sooo high up. Or at least I'd own them in PVP! HAH! /strokes self.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in full normal/flex gear & I still die if I don't pay attention to the mobs abilities.

While they are actually quite easy to dodge, I'm glad they made it so it's not BRAIN DEAD easy especially for melee & tanks who (like me) enjoy pulling large group of mobs & just blow our cooldowns killing em.

Now before people say you can still aoe pull & not die, try pulling 10 gulp frogs at once
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    I'm in full normal/flex gear & I still die if I don't pay attention to the mobs abilities. While they are actually quite easy to dodge, I'm glad they made it so it's not BRAIN DEAD easy especially for melee & tanks who (like me) enjoy pulling large group of mobs & just blow our cooldowns killing em.
    Undoubtedly they are harder than any other "world" mobs. I still do not say the place is very "difficult" though because of my (admittedly more hardcore-based) gamer definition of "difficult" which I stated several times ITT already.

What's difficult is if content is a literal brick wall for you. That elite you just cannot kill in Diablo III because it 1-shot nukes you or is camped on your body (and you still have to find a way to kill it). Or in Warcraft, wiping constantly to solo and group bosses and then having them reset on you (so you're hardly closer).

Soloing the high priest of ordos can almost count as difficult in my books (2 man is easy because he will not leave combat). It's not really rewarding or required for the most part though (I think there is 1 item you can farm though).
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-11-27 at 01:19 AM.