10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad I have this week off, I can be up till 5am to watch these games.

That late late SD@Oak a few weeks back finished at 7:15 am here.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo after the shitstorm of false reports and stuff, Brandon Browner has been suspended 1 year by the NFL for I'm guessing substance abuse as well. There are so many wrong reports going on.

Mike Silver originally reported it was 8 games, PED and we had signed Winfield back. That article has been edited to hell and back.

Browner and his agent both tweet thats false information.

Then Adam Schefter tweets its a 1 year suspension, already appealed and lost, Seahawks have dropped him.

So yeah, I'm speechlessly angry. So disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    So yeah, I'm speechlessly angry. So disappointing.
    I can symphatise, I went through this with Hernandez and there's just nothing you can do but watch and be angry about how the hell someone that should have been helping your team be awesome just throws away everything.

It's especially bad for you this late in the year with little to no time to adjust AND the race for the playoffs and Superbowl starting to get hot. I mean there's never a good time, but this is pretty bad timing.

If there's any secondary that can recover and still be awesome it's Seattle's though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I can symphatise, I went through this with Hernandez and there's just nothing you can do but watch and be angry about how the hell someone that should have been helping your team be awesome just throws away everything.

It's especially bad for you this late in the year with little to no time to adjust AND the race for the playoffs and Superbowl starting to get hot. I mean there's never a good time, but this is pretty bad timing.

If there's any secondary that can recover and still be awesome it's Seattle's though.
    Yeah well I'm not really worried about the secondary. Maxwell and Lane are good enough to start on other teams with good DBs. If Winfield or Trufant come back for another go, I think we will be fine.

This game is the borebowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might actually be the worst game I've watched all season.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched it and kinda drifted off into doing other things with the sound on in the background cause it wasn't a very interesting game. I kinda forgot I was watching, tbh. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the redtails are sucking hard, and RG3 is going to be in a body cast after this game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Then Adam Schefter tweets its a 1 year suspension, already appealed and lost, Seahawks have dropped him.
    Do you think the Hawks will resign him? If not someone else will even though he won't be eligible til this week next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Do you think the Hawks will resign him? If not someone else will even though he won't be eligible til this week next year.
    Raiders or Bengals then, most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    No, if the Seahawks wanted him, they would of kept him though the suspension. Hes lost any respect of his fellow teammates and coaches. Richard Sherman and Max Unger held a team meeting basically saying "If any of you want to do this stuff, go ahead. You won't be coming with us."

I could totally see a team wanting him, though lets not forget how good the rest of the secondary is. Browner was for sure the weakest link in that group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Week 12 Report Card

1. Seahawks
    2. Broncos
    3. Saints
    4. Chiefs
    5. Panthers
    6. Patriots
    7. 49ers
    8. Bengals
    9. Cardinals
    10. Colts
    11. Cowboys
    12. Eagles
    13. Lions
    14. Bears
    15. Packers
    16. Ravens
    17. Rams
    18. Chargers
    19. Titans
    20. Steelers
    21. Dolphins
    22. Jets
    23. Bills
    24. Raiders
    25. Browns
    26. Giants
    27. Buccaneers
    28. Redskins
    29. Vikings
    30. Falcons
    31. Texans
    32. Jaguars

10+ Year Old Account
    RG3 being quite the dbag in the post game interview. Still wont step up and say, "Yep I sucked, it was me, I fucked up" nah it was a team loss, team failure... I hope he loses that C badge.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol thank you Skins for failing hard. was up by 13 points going into today and opponent still had RG3 and Garcon to play.

Needless to say i won by .92 points.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only watched parts of tonight's game, but from what I saw RG3 didn't exactly set the world on fire. I saw several bad throws, chief among them the interception, but also for instance when 49'ers came with all out blitz on a third down, and RG3 just delivered a bad ball to a completely open reciever that could have gotten them a first down. Add to that that the 49'ers didn't give him much of any chance to go on the run and it seemed like they just comepletely shut RG3 down.

The thought that crept through my mind when the notoriously upbeat and positive Jon Gruden was more or less saying he'd made a terrible throw was: "If he keeps this up he'll turn into the next Vince Young".

With me not having followed RG3 much, am I completely wrong in this? I mean with his attitude and locker room issue the past week big in the press, and his apparent demand to not have his bad plays shown, it feels to me like he's showing all the wrong things you want to see from a possible franchise QB in his early developement.

With the league apparently caught up to his game (like they did to Vince Young when he played) will he be able to become a better QB and adjust, or will he just flame out with attitude problems like Young did?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think RG3 is dumped next year. Shanahan's contract is up soon, they dont bring him back with a terrible losing season. They get a new Coach, and if hes not a read option guy, say hes a classic pocket passing guy, then Kirk Cousins becomes the starting QB. Their backup is actually quite good, so if RG3 can't grow as a leader and player, well new coach new program new QB starting.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    RG3 being quite the dbag in the post game interview. Still wont step up and say, "Yep I sucked, it was me, I fucked up" nah it was a team loss, team failure... I hope he loses that C badge.
    I dunno. I saw bodies on RG3 every snap. Though producing 9 yards in the entire 2nd half is kinda past the point of abysmal.

Some questions have to be asked, and this time Shanahan can't defer to "oh shit, nfl hates us because we went over salary cap." This is a team that made the playoffs last year.

Speaking of which, that "re-sod'ed field" still looked like dog shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was wondering if they were playing in Oakland in Oct that field looked like such shit, but then it didnt have a baseball diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    With me not having followed RG3 much, am I completely wrong in this? I mean with his attitude and locker room issue the past week big in the press, and his apparent demand to not have his bad plays shown, it feels to me like he's showing all the wrong things you want to see from a possible franchise QB in his early developement.
    Shanahan denied that RG3 requested that they not show the bad plays during film review, so there's likely no truth in that rumor. Shanahan hasn't hesitated to tell the truth when it comes to RG3 in the past, so I'm guessing he wouldn't have lied to protect him.

RG3 has not been good this season, but he's far from the reason that the Redskins are 3-8. The salary cap penalties and other bad contracts have left the roster void of talent surrounding him. Think of it like this: Outside of RG3 and Garcon, name 1 other offensive player who would start for most other offenses in the NFL?
    Trent Williams is a possibility, but he looked pretty awful tonight. Some will say Alfred Morris, but he is a system running back (albeit a great one) who lacks explosive playmaking ability and wouldn't excel outside of the zone blocking scheme. The fact that you can only point to those 2 guys as starters on most teams shows how devoid of talent this offense is.

I also think people are looking for things to criticize RG3 for at this point. It comes with the territory when you are losing, so it's not surprising. However, the only criticism I have for him is that he's not carrying a team largely devoid of talent, like he did last year when he took the Redskins to the playoffs on one leg.

- - - Updated - - -

I think RG3 is dumped next year. Shanahan's contract is up soon, they dont bring him back with a terrible losing season. They get a new Coach, and if hes not a read option guy, say hes a classic pocket passing guy, then Kirk Cousins becomes the starting QB. Their backup is actually quite good, so if RG3 can't grow as a leader and player, well new coach new program new QB starting.
    You really think that IF they replace the Shanahans, they aren't going to do it with a guy who believes in RG3? Snyder didn't trade 2 first round draft picks to draft a guy to give up on him after 2 years. Think about it before you start the ridiculous Kirk Cousins talk.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno. I saw bodies on RG3 every snap. Though producing 9 yards in the entire 2nd half is kinda past the point of abysmal.

Some questions have to be asked, and this time Shanahan can't defer to "oh shit, nfl hates us because we went over salary cap." This is a team that made the playoffs last year.

Speaking of which, that "re-sod'ed field" still looked like dog shit.
    It was abysmal, but you can't run when you are down by multiple scores. And, you can't pass when they can drop 7 in coverage and get pressure in the face of the QB with a 4 man rush (every play no less). Put these two things together, and you get what we saw tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heeeeeeeeeell no on dumping RG3. I say dump Shanahan, get a proper coach in there. Right now Kirk Cousins could get you a shit ton in trade value. More than RG3 right now.

Its funny, because right now I am thinking of that quote from Tom Cable in the offseason. Basically said with Mike Vick in Atlanta they had no idea what they were doing and just turning Vick loose. You have to wonder if thats what Washington rode on last year. The 49ers are a team that practices with a very mobile QB every week. Thats why I've been saying the 49ers, Seahawks, and Redskins have the best chance to stop the QB draw (I'm growing to hate calling it read option).

10+ Year Old Account
    I say dump Shanahan, get a proper coach in there.
    Agreed, I don't think Shanahan has done enough to stay in his position this year.

Right now Kirk Cousins could get you a shit ton in trade value.
    Not agreed. I think the upside of Kirk Cousins is WAY too big to trade him. With the beating RG3 takes, I liken him to Michael Vick, and a solid back up is a necessity, I feel.