Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation I am LOVING beeing a Warrior Tank so far! Is it only me?

Hey Fellow Warriors!

I play WoW for 6 years originally a caster type of guy and after all this time playing Mage, Priest, and some pally, I finally tried warrior and been LOVING prot gameplay. I am currently level 50 and I go blazing fast through dungeons mass pulling everywhere (very well geared, with full 85 heirlooms). The mobility, the pimpness and the glory of beeing a Tank, leading ppl and make them actually work and making them have some fun is a great pleasure for me and this will be my main from now on.

I am happy to be here now, it feels like home

But.. I am a rogue.

Deleted
    50 is nothing like 90 m8 : /

Low level tanks are purposefully overpowered. Don't get used to it.

That's cool you are having fun but you do realize you are gonna end up losing some of that mobility in the next patch? It'll still be strong but as strong. Anyway happy tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    That's cool you are having fun but you do realize you are gonna end up losing some of that mobility in the next patch? It'll still be strong but as strong. Anyway happy tanking.
    I dont even have intervenne yet so I will have the same mobility I currently have I guess plus heroic Leap I don't have myself yet.

Low level tanks are purposefully overpowered. Don't get used to it.

I meant the mechanics itself, and the role of Tank. Not talking about the class itself.

50 is nothing like 90 m8 : /
    I have a 90 pally myself, tanked WoTK before but I think I will like the tankage of a warrior even more.

But.. I am a rogue.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really loosing intervene, it just doesn't break roots, so it will still be useful, and I'm fairly sure at 50 he doesn't have it yet. I like Warrior Mobility, probably why I'm currently liking leveling a Brewmaster Monk a lot.

As long as you still enjoy it at 90 in LFR with every idiot in the world crying over anything/everything and always wiping on Nazgrim you'll be fine.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Plus, I am pretty sure Tank is the easiest role for gold making if you hate doing dailies or farming mats!

But.. I am a rogue.

Deleted
    If you hit 88 you will get mockbanner - then you aint masspulling anything - the banner does instead! )

Deleted
    The changes made to Intervene is not happening.
    Blue post: "That's why we decided to revert the 5.4 Intervene change in 5.4.2 and move the root break back to Safeguard."
    Last edited by mmoc9b2c9f9a48; 2013-11-26 at 03:03 PM.

Lol, calm down lil fella

Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    Hey Fellow Warriors!

I play WoW for 6 years originally a caster type of guy and after all this time playing Mage, Priest, and some pally, I finally tried warrior and been LOVING prot gameplay. I am currently level 50 and I go blazing fast through dungeons mass pulling everywhere (very well geared, with full 85 heirlooms). The mobility, the pimpness and the glory of beeing a Tank, leading ppl and make them actually work and making them have some fun is a great pleasure for me and this will be my main from now on.

Warrior tanking is my favorite hands down. The mobility is amazing. Charge, charge, heroic leap. So much fun. I am a 90 prot warrior and I feel like a beast. And soloing old stuff is crazy good too.

Welcome to the club

Deleted
    I've been playing Druid, mainly tanking, for a long ass time. I leveled a Warrior alt for the heck of it and now I'm seriously considering main switching for WoD. Prot Warriors are pretty fun, especially at the endgame. So many toys and tools to play around with, like Skull Banner, Rallying Cry, Demo Banner, lots of good movement.

I love all the people who never post in the prot warrior forum jumping in to make fun of this guy with just plain wrong info about intervene. To the OP my main has been a prot warrior since Kara was released and it is an amazing class. The skillcap for a protection warrior is higher than most other tank classes and the old saying easy to learn hard to master is very true. After 7 years I am still improving my play and tweaking things daily with my warrior. Also, warrior tanks dominate the open world with incredible mobility and so many treats in the spell book. If you ever want to talk prot war in game just PM here and I will add you to Btag and answer any class questions you may have. So pumped to see another player drink the protection warrior kool-aid!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepwatukill View Post
    I love all the people who never post in the prot warrior forum jumping in to make fun of this guy with just plain wrong info about intervene. To the OP my main has been a prot warrior since Kara was released and it is an amazing class. The skillcap for a protection warrior is higher than most other tank classes and the old saying easy to learn hard to master is very true. After 7 years I am still improving my play and tweaking things daily with my warrior. Also, warrior tanks dominate the open world with incredible mobility and so many treats in the spell book. If you ever want to talk prot war in game just PM here and I will add you to Btag and answer any class questions you may have. So pumped to see another player drink the protection warrior kool-aid!
    This is why we all love the warrior community! (-:

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. I tried rolling another war tank with a friend of mine a while ago, couldn't use BoAs since he was fresh to the server. It was the most painful experience I've ever had in WoW...at lower levels they have like no AoE, so no way of pulling threat from mobs that get pulled by DPS. I ended up scrapping him and just using a pally lol.

I agree though, War tanking is fun. My 90 war is a tank. But like everything else, they're only OP for the first 70ish levels or so, and then things start evening out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, out of 8 milion players ,you're the only one. 1 person. theres only 1 warrior that enjoys playing this game as prot.

can we stop using this stupid meme-like "am i the only one" phrase already?

no its not 'only you' since , obviously, there are other warriors in the game playing protection...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    yes, out of 8 milion players ,you're the only one. 1 person. theres only 1 warrior that enjoys playing this game as prot.

can we stop using this stupid meme-like "am i the only one" phrase already?

no its not 'only you' since , obviously, there are other warriors in the game playing protection...
    am i the only person who hates this guy?

Wow.

One guy makes a positive post about enjoying his spec.

Several party pooping responses follow.

You guys are really a miserable bunch. Negativism is so brutally hard-wired into your perception of things. It seems to feel wrong to not automatically have to fault something. That's why you're never gonna be happy with anything in the game, regardless of how good or bad it is.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2013-12-02 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    Hey Fellow Warriors!

Prot warrior is indeed fun. Just don't get discouraged when you hit the later lvls and it turns more difficult. I went flailing on the interwebs to see what the fuck i did wrong when my aggro suddenly wasn't how i wanted it (Nothing wrong btw). It gets good again when you get some gear on lvl 90
    Last edited by Terridon; 2013-12-02 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Gwarma hardd
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    You love warrior tanking at low levels?
    Just wait until 90, then the real fun begins!

With the new buffs, you'll still dominate the meters into the higher levels, you'll gain all of your arsenal and before you know it, you feel like a fucking wall on wheels