Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/qkTbKvC.jpg

this popped up about 80 pages ago

anyone care to comment on details of obtaining or making this>
    Have you checked to see if the user that posted it is still active?

Question for those of you who like to hide action bars: How do you deal with possess bars? I have a bartender visibility condition ([vehicleui]show;hide) that makes 1 bar appear if vehicle ui is enabled. This has worked so far, up until this tier where it doesn't seem to reveal the possess bar mid-combat (heroic paragons). The only workaround I've found so far is to enable the blizzard vehicle ui instead. Any ideas guys?

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Question for those of you who like to hide action bars: How do you deal with possess bars? I have a bartender visibility condition ([vehicleui]show;hide) that makes 1 bar appear if vehicle ui is enabled. This has worked so far, up until this tier where it doesn't seem to reveal the possess bar mid-combat (heroic paragons). The only workaround I've found so far is to enable the blizzard vehicle ui instead. Any ideas guys?
    Haven't been in on HC this tier, but haven't had any issues with this otherwise:
    [combat]show;hide
    [target=vehicle,exists]show;hide
    [harm]show;hide

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Have you checked to see if the user that posted it is still active?
    I've sent a message, i just pray he still has the details

He did say in his original post it was his old one from years

update:

Currently working on it right now, going very well. The minimap took a simple google image search cropping lOL!

so many menus and stuff up at once, remaking UI once again ...

Last edited by Daffan; 2013-11-25 at 10:32 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I felt like I had not tinkered with my UI for quite some time, so naturally gave into the urges.

Idle:

Just about everything:

Instead of having a single actionbar full of 12 useless buttons only being used to track cooldowns; I decided to reduce the amount of buttons and push the actionbar lower, to the bottom of the screen. I then made a Weak Aura dynamic group of my main CDs, so they only appear on my screen once they're on cooldown (instead of being visible 100% of the time).
    Raid frames on the left, boss frames on the right. 'Drag me' bars are DBM. Upper left frame is focus. Lower frames are ToT, Player and Target frames.
    (LFR queue was taking years so could not get a combat shot :P)

Tell me what you think!

EDIT: After an hour in the queue, finally got into LFR.
    Any download link for this? i'm still using an increadibly old and very incompatible version of oUF to try and replicate carebear's ui from back in firelands - this is the closest UI i've seen to his, very close infact.

Failing a download link, is this all just standard elvui editing through the console? or any actual lua coding?

Cheers in advance, perfect ui!

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Haven't been in on HC this tier, but haven't had any issues with this otherwise:
    Oddly enough, I went and killed Malygos today and noticed that it seemed to work fine (you don't leave combat when phase 3 starts). Still confused lol.

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between [vehicleui]show;hide and [target=vehicle,exists]show;hide? It reads like there isn't one but maybe that could be it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/qkTbKvC.jpg

this popped up about 80 pages ago

anyone care to comment on details of obtaining or making this>
    If it helps, the unit frames could be done with PitBull, the buff frame with Raven, the action bars with Bartender and a Masque skin (I don't know which one, but search for "Masque" on WoWInterface and it should be one of the results), the tooltip with TipTac, and the minimap probably with Chinchilla.

Oddly enough, I went and killed Malygos today and noticed that it seemed to work fine (you don't leave combat when phase 3 starts). Still confused lol.

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between [vehicleui]show;hide and [target=vehicle,exists]show;hide? It reads like there isn't one but maybe that could be it?
    So, there's [target=vehicle,exists], there's [vehicleui], and there's [possessbar]. [target=vehicle,exists] is true when you're in a vehicle, [vehicleui] is true when the vehicle UI (meaning the big huge bar at the bottom of the screen, first introduced in WotLK) is activated, and [possessbar] is true when you're possessing something (like if you're a Priest and you're using Mind Control). It sounds like this heroic Paragons thing makes use of the possess bar, and to get that to show up in Bartender you have to have a bar not set to be hidden while possessing, and "Possess Bar" also has to be checked in the State Configuration tab for that bar (http://i.imgur.com/lxh9KFW.png, which is the default for bar 1).

So if I'm understanding tempest420's setup right, that problem should be fixed by enabling that setting for the bar and setting the visibility condition to "[vehicleui][possessbar]show;hide".

---

Edit: While I'm here, here is a screenshot of my current unit frames. The yellow outline is target health (colored by hostility, or class if it's a player), the shaded area of my health bar is my target's cast bar (except in that screenshot it's showing the GCD, just so there would be something there), and the shaded area of my power bar is my cast bar. I haven't found the right font yet and there are some texture changes I'll be making when I find the time, but it's starting to look OK.
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2013-11-26 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnasaurus Rex View Post
    Any download link for this? i'm still using an increadibly old and very incompatible version of oUF to try and replicate carebear's ui from back in firelands - this is the closest UI i've seen to his, very close infact.

Failing a download link, is this all just standard elvui editing through the console? or any actual lua coding?

Cheers in advance, perfect ui!
    Hey Pwnasaurus Rex,
    Unfortunately I have not uploaded my UI for external usage
    But to answer your question; it is mainly made through the ElvUI config options in-game. The only LUA editing that has been done is to change the Chat to the way I want, to change the font size in the chat bubbles above player's heads, and the addition of the font used in all aspects of the UI. There are 2 more Addons you'll need to add which are ElvUI_AddOnSkins and ElvUI_VisualAuraTimers. If you'd like the LUA codes I would happily give them to you. I believe they're posted in this thread too, in response to Drayarr

Finally, indeed that pesky Carebear was a huge influence on the theme of the UI :P

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    So if I'm understanding tempest420's setup right, that problem should be fixed by enabling that setting for the bar and setting the visibility condition to "[vehicleui][possessbar]show;hide".
    I did some digging after my last post and came to similar conclusions. I found an old post on wow-interface forums from MoP beta days where Zorker came to the conclusion that you needed the following to get it to work right:

Code:
    [vehicleui][overridebar][possessbar,@vehicle,exists]show;hide

Deleted
    Played around with oUF a little bit yesterday and got some cool stuff done, but put it away for now as it's not practical enough for me at 90. I think it'll make a great levling UI some day though, and I do have plans on levling a Death Knight... So who knows.

http://i.imgur.com/fjvtoQU.jpg

I didn't really get too far, but you get the drift. The border texture was taken from one of Dawn's old UIs I had laying around, and then I just played around with transparent elements like some of Led's old UIs I found in an old UI thread on ElitistJerks. Also looked a bit at how Quse handles his transparent unitframes and it worked fairly well. Wasn't too happy with the colors though, so that would need tweaking.

Here's an update and more extensive preview of the UI I'm working on currently!!
    C&C more than welcome (knowing it's designed with raiding / heroic raiding in mind).

Huge thanks to Kait + Touchy for the WeakAuras inspiration and Jhazrun@Paragon for the combat text layout which I pretty much copied
    Last edited by Kaytemoss; 2013-11-26 at 10:21 PM.

Here's an update and more extensive preview of the UI!!
    C&C once again more than welcome since I'm about to release.

There's a few things I'm still working on including:
    - color of boss frames
    - display of Wind Shear and Purify Spirit CDs
    - clean up MSBT's damage done (mainly for damage done by pets)
    - Vuhdo layout

Huge thanks to Kait + Touchy for the WeakAuras inspiration and Jhazrun@Paragon for the combat text layout which I pretty much copied
    Last edited by Kaytemoss; 2013-11-26 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Here's an update and more extensive preview of the UI!!
    C&C once again more than welcome since I'm about to release.

There's a few things I'm still working on including:
    - color of boss frames
    - display of Wind Shear and Purify Spirit CDs
    - clean up MSBT's damage done (mainly for damage done by pets)
    - Vuhdo layout

I think its ready for beta

Here's an update and more extensive preview of the UI I'm working on currently!!
    C&C more than welcome (knowing it's designed with raiding / heroic raiding in mind).

Looks great! I especially like the explosion aura thing. It's almost a shame it doesn't happen more often and larger :-)

Deleted

You always have the coolest music on your videos. SOOOOOOO much better than the usual unbearable crap. The UI is also really good and i have a somewhat similar look on my healer (not as elaborate). Gratz on a good job.

those totem weak auras made me "wohaaaaa" giiiief! xD

How do you get your Weakaura bar to move depending on the raid size?

Deleted
    Maybe he anchored the weakauras bar to the raidframe?!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same old, same old! I'm struggling with my UI this time around because it works so well and I don't know how to improve it. Yes, it may not work for others but for me it's perfect. Which is why my UIs have looked the same for over 2 years!

The only things that need to change are the aesthetics. It'd be nice to do a UI like this but with a different theme but I suck at designing and adding different borders.

PS. If anybody knows of regular flex runs or a guild that raids weekends then hit me up. I'd love to get back into proper raiding again!
    Last edited by Hulari; 2013-11-27 at 12:46 PM.

Work on the layout. Vertical bars, text string like i'm experimenting, different positioning and such.

I'm in the same situation - i'm so much used to my UI disposition and style that now i find difficult to create something different. I'm just becoming old i think XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.