Poll: Keep Forsaken bones?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Forsaken bones = keep them? Y/N?

Just like the title states. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the only reason why I've always been turned off from playing a forsaken is the fact that the fucking bones show, even when they put on like plate leggings, it gets torn up and the bones show.

I'm not saying remove them completely cause some people like that, but at least give us an option to hide them if we want. The Chinese Forsaken model is 10x better than crappy U.S. one

P.S.

For some reason it replaced Yes! With M, don't know what's going on there, but yeah.
    Last edited by Purplefoxez; 2013-11-27 at 08:09 AM.

Aside from being confusing in its formulation and choice options, i can't see why u want to remove UD distintive features, play a Human if want to look like a Human, or a BE if u want to look pretty... Oh, w8, perhaps u are from those nice young ppl Who thinks Vampires can't stay in sunlight because they "shine br8 like diamonds"....

Or, go play China.

there's an alternate.mpq file in your data folder.
    it is for china ONLY. now its in every client.for christsake.
    chinese version of undead/scourge files within.
    maybe you can make them work by using a fixed wow.exe
    i dont know how, however you can google it.
    as a chinese wow player we call them the 'harmonized undead'.
    hated it so much.
    we used to do a lot to get rid of the flesh. to make it the way it once was.
    haha .now you just WANT that . i just can't believe that
    if you read chinese ,you could just change your game language in chinese then your forsaken characters should look like what you want.
    if you dont read chinese,then a fixed wow.exe may help you.

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Aside from being confusing in its formulation and choice options, i can't see why u want to remove UD distintive features, play a Human if want to look like a Human, or a BE if u want to look pretty... Oh, w8, perhaps u are from those nice young ppl Who thinks Vampires can't stay in sunlight because they "shine br8 like diamonds"....

Or, go play China.
    or... how about NOT being a bitch about a choice? more variety = better.

yes, i'd like the option to hide the bones.

i love them! want more bones

It would be nice if their deterioration was more editable, but I'm generally fine with the bones. Makes them nicely distinct from other races, when wearing a lot of armor.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I think it would be good to have the choice.
    I was always put off the Undead model because I didn't like the way the bones poked through gear. I'm sure there are plenty of people playing Undead that like the bones, so would be nice if we could pick whether we wanted bones showing or not.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

15+ Year Old Account
    How about option 4? Give the players an option in the UI. I would be more than happy to turn off exposed bones on my end but let other people have it if they want.

If they must keep them (I'd prefer not) AT LEAST get rid of the damn visible spine! it looks completely stupid when it clips through cloaks and the like.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I don't mind them on the joints. But the giant spines and the giant shoulder bones on the males need to be reworked.

I think in general, Blizz really missed a great opportunity to introduce sliders into our character customizing. It would be nice to use sliders to change skins tones or hair lengths or how decayed a Forsaken is, weight, muscle tones, height, etc etc
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    If they must keep them (I'd prefer not) AT LEAST get rid of the damn visible spine! it looks completely stupid when it clips through cloaks and the like.
    Its quite interesting seeing other peoples opinions on things For me I think the spine is the coolest part about a undead and me and my gf were considering faction changing to horde next exp because of that (at least I was for UD, but she might want to be a cow).

It could be a variety of the undead model. Just like pandaren has a long or a short tail.

15+ Year Old Account
    how about keeping the bones but at least let all the robes and armor and stuff be able to cover them?
    I never understood the logic behind "because I am an undead my long arm robe or chest plate suddenly rips in several parts so my bones are still exposed".

I agree with having an option to hide the bones!

Also I'm sorry about the poll screw up guys, I thought I put in a poll option that said 'give us an option!' but apparently the poll didn't process that, just like it turned the 'Yes!' option into a capital M.

I would like a choice
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to choose which bones to show or customize.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pertaining to the base body, I say "Yes" with the following caveat: Keep the spineine, hipbone, and finger/toe bones exposed but mask the elbow and knee joints with decaying muscle sinews. The exposed joints have looked derpy as hell since Vanilla and the higher res reskinning to come with the model update isn't going to change that fact.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2013-11-27 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep 'em, but what would be really freakin' cool is seeing lines of blue necromantic energy crawling over the visible bones, a sign of the magic animating them.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never quite liked how armour you've just freshly obtained suddenly rips/tears at the joints like that. Obviously it's because of how the models are done, but It'd be nice to have chinese boneless models as an option on the character creation screen for those who don't like them.

(For those unaware, the chinese have Forsaken models without the bones ripping through armour.)
    Butts.

It'd be nice if the bones were a feature option. I'd personally don't like it when the bones ruin the look of the armor. I'd be OK if you saw the bones while they were nude or showing through an uncovered area of the gear, but once they put on a robe or something, it should be covered. It just never made sense to me that every new piece of gear had to be mutilated on an undead. Maybe that's the fashion in Undercity.