Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard thinks casual people are stupid

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ds-of-Draenor?

So this is absolutely ridiculous. Blizzard stating that only hardcore ''min-max'' players would be interested in using a dps trinket when switching from healer to dps? Only the ''cutting edge world first guilds'' would swap a gem if the gem for the previous spec is garbage for the new spec of choice? I've been liking most WoD changes so far but this feels like the straw that breaks the camels back. I am astonished at Blizzards insulting of what they call casual players. Oh, you mean that leather headpiece that just dropped can be used for Assassination, Combat, Subtlety, Brewmaster, Mistweaver, Windwalker, Balance, Feral, Guardian and Restoration players? Well thank you very much, Blizz.

Let me know what you guys think, and check out this video, explains it all way better than I do: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBBsYQUGmXk
    Last edited by mmoc07c9f072d8; 2013-11-27 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I see far too many "casuals" in LFR that don't even bother to enchant, gem, or reforge their gear, so...
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

It's because hardcore raiders NEED specific stats. Casuals can be ok with either crit or haste because they DON'T NEED to have top dps. Some casuals prefer BIS gear though but it's not like they really NEED it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't insinuate casuals are stupid, they insinuate casuals generally are not concerned with min-maxing their performance and are generally content with 'good enough' in regards to itemization on their epics. And they're right, in that regard--most LFR players don't generally care about whether their class favors crit over haste, they're usually more concerned with whether something is an immediate and noteworthy upgrade to what they're wearing. And, yes, as Callous noted, many LFR players don't usually concern themselves with reforging, enchants, or gems.

It's a difference in priorities, one Blizzard is aware of.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

No I think blizzard thinks that stupid people are Casual.

Edit.
    Now that I think about it that's an insult to stupid people. Just because they cant count to ten doesn't mean they aren't hardcore raiders.
    All the stupid people should post here and complain.
    Last edited by kcsaenz; 2013-11-27 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    Well, I see far too many "casuals" in LFR that don't even bother to enchant, gem, or reforge their gear, so...
    so lets remove fire from the game, cause bads stand in it.

removing reforging for example seems like an unnecessary change: it's entirely optional, if a player doesnt want to get the most out of their gear that is their decision. why remove the option for players who do care?

They never said anything along those lines, stop crying and learn to read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkinfinity View Post
    It's because hardcore raiders NEED specific stats. Casuals can be ok with either crit or haste because they DON'T NEED to have top dps. Some casuals prefer BIS gear though but it's not like they really NEED it.
    So a casual player would use a healing trinket as a Retribution paladin? I know I don't, and I'm currently a flex raider.

10+ Year Old Account
    casual people? what does that mean? are they casually people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    so lets remove fire from the game, cause bads stand in it.

removing reforging for example seems like an unnecessary change: it's entirely optional, if a player doesnt want to get the most out of their gear that is their decision. why remove the option for players who do care?
    But it's not optional, not for players who play above LFR skill requirements. Optional would be something like the heirloom weapons off Garrosh--nice to have but by no means a necessity for your performance. Above LFR, classes that value secondary stats will be reforging as much as they can off non-optimal secondary stats into their preferred stats.

Removing Reforging is a step to make getting new pieces less of a 'oh, time to go reforge,' for players above LFR and also to make itemization more interesting, to keep people running the gear treadmill.

Deleted
    You guys seem to think that a casual player = LFR player. I'm not saying that it's not the norm nowadays, but most flex or even normal raiders are considered casual as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmuffin View Post
    You guys seem to think that a casual player = LFR player. I'm not saying that it's not the norm nowadays, but most flex or even normal raiders are considered casual as well.
    IT depends who you ask? I raid heroic 10mans, we're currently 9/14H and raid 12 hours a week. I consider that casual.

As to OPs topic: What they mean by min/maxing is when someone has to play an offspec to progress. In a casual guild it wont matter that the offspec isnt BiS or damn near close. In a heroic progression guild that is doing it on the first week or couple weeks in for that garrosh kill, the offspec will mater a lot more. IE. 1 healing Garrosh the first kill to min/max dps vs killing him later on with 2 healers. We do this in our 9/12H guild too, if you're missing a trinket or an offpiece thats for resto, big deal, you'll still pull enough dps to meet that enrage timer since we've been farming the previous bosses for enough weeks that our dps are well over-geared for the encounter.

As for sharing gear, its not that simple. Gear will still have secondary stats. Haste might be better for the rogues where WW want crit instead. MW might want that crit, but resto druids want the haste instead.

Overall this is better IMO for the health of raid groups and games. It's easier to gear up players when we're not DEing 90% of the loot that drops since no one needs it.
    Last edited by Excel905; 2013-11-27 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally-speaking, I use casual the way most people do in regards to skill level. It's morphed from shorthand for 'low time commitments' to 'unconcerned with optimization,' and it's a distinction even GC has noted is difficult to pinpoint due to the varying playstyles. There are roleplayers and non-raiders who play for hours a day, and Heroic guilds who play for a couple hours a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop mixing up casual with bad. I play WoW casually, I spend between 7-13 hours a week online with 6-9 of those hours being raiding yet I'm still happily working on heroic at the moment. BAD players do not care about the stats on their gear, casual players can also be bad players but that doesn't mean all casual players are bad players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't NEED anything, rather WANT.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Casual--->?????<---Hardcore

Apparently over the years the Skill gap between Casual and Hardcore has been widening every tier. We need to do something about the vanishing middle class. Did you know that the top 1% of raiders have 50% of the epics?! OK not really but you get the joke by now.

Its about how serious you take your gear not if you are "a casual".
    Read:
    some people like to really min-max, some people take a more casual approach to gear and some people have to min max the shit out of gear, because they try content, that is balanced around 10 more itemlvls.

Being "a casual" has completely lost any meaning or definition anyway^^
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Let me know what you guys think...
    I think you lack reading comprehension. Therefore, you're throwing a tantrum now.

What hardcore raiders need is in the hands of blizzard. They can nerf or tune the bosses as they please and if they give hardcore raiders no more reforging they can't expect all to have perfect stats like now and have to tune the bosses accordingly. It's really no big deal. We did not have reforging and gems and stuff like that in vanilla and Nax40 was still hard like hell but doable.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Blizzard created this "math" problem of min-maxing, getting the exact hit cap, haste breakpoints etc... with reforging, to a much lesser extent, gemming. Gemming allowed us to kinda tweak our whole gearset, now reforging makes us tweak it ever more. Far more of a complex gearing problem but that made gear less 'coveted'....BIS is not always BIS anymore depending on all your other gear that you can reforge to hell and back. Fine I guess but now they're going to the extreme and removing all the hit/expertise type of stuff and making all gear useable by everyone (more or less for each armor type).

This game *is* about gear, far more than it's ever been but I fear that they're taking any of the choice/depth to it less and less relevant. I realize that's the design intent but makes gear less interesting in my view....so if the game is all about gear and gear becomes less interesting, oy.