Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also all these people talking about "HURR NOW WE CAN GET OUR OLD GAME BACK!!!!!!1111"

You do realise he has been with Blizzard since Feb 2008.

You also do realise this means he was around during most of TBC and ALL of Wrath.

So all the haters that think he was responsible for WoW's decline, he was there when the game was at its Peak.

That's for everything Greg, you've put up with a lot and I highly respect you for that.

Good luck in your future job you will be missed.

he was there when the game was at its Peak.
    as community manager

10+ Year Old Account
    Miss you, buddy.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    as community manager
    He's always been a game designer since he started.

Hence why he was hired, he went from Lead Game designer at ensemble designing the Age of Empires series and moved to Blizzard to Game design on WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    People celebrating his departure are in for a rude awakening as the overall direction of the game and it's design won't change anywhere near their preferred one

The man has answered a monstrous amount of tweets. For better or worse, you cant really argue that he had an active participation in molding WoW into what it is today.

He came, he saw, he made the game incredibly homogenized and boring. Farewell Ghostcrawler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Another "If only they had done what I like this 10 year old game would never lose subscriptions" poster.
    There is only one course of action for you. His position is open. Stop posting on this forum right now and get your application in to Blizzard right away. Make sure you provide them with all your proof on how your designs will bring back all the masses.
    Seriously, not another post. Get going!
    So good, so good. Well done. +1 Internets
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

Good luck on your future endeavors Greg Street nothing wrong with change.

"....a person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens."

-Duke Leto Atreides,from the movie Dune
    Last edited by Maleagant; 2013-11-27 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The comments I'm seeing in this depress me.

It's like I'm on Youtube for christ's sake. Absolutely disgusting.

He did a fine job, better than ANY of you could do, and he did well in helping make the most popular MMO on the gaming market.

Yet all you people can do is attack him.

Like you could ever do better yourselves, ever. You'd just give buffs to your main class (just damage %s cause everything else would be too much work), and make a blank stupid face at everything else not knowing what the hell to do because it's too complex for you.

Myself included, but at least I'm not saying Ghostcrawler was bad, I actually think he was brilliant.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best of luck in whatever you're gonna do next, Greg!

Now it's time to see how wrong all the haters are.

Wow, that came out of left field. Even though I didn't agree with everything you said or did you still did one hell of a job, especially communicating with this fanbase. Much luck to you Greg. I, for one, will miss you.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

The most shocking part of all of this: he didn't play a Mage.

I really liked Greg, sad to see him leave.
    And holy shit, so many people ignorant on how the game is designed.

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense greg, but this might actually inspire me to come back to WoW. WoW after greg street was a completely different game. Wasn't nearly as good imo.

Good luck.
    Last edited by inkberry; 2013-11-27 at 11:46 PM.

Deleted
    I still collected lots of Pony's, GC. And nightsaber's. And dragons. And many other mounts. And I loved your fish swimming under the water that you wanted in the game, very relaxing.

All the best.

Deleted
    QUICK! Get the VODKA!

Quote Originally Posted by inkberry View Post
    No offense greg, but this might actually inspire me to come back to WoW. WoW after greg street was a completely different game. Wasn't nearly as good imo.
    WoW being a different game as the years have gone on is a good thing. I can't imagine this game being like vanilla or BC year after year. That would get so ridiculously boring and repetitive. Blizzard is always trying to mix things up to keep the game fresh and different. Some things I've loved, some, not so much, but at least they're trying different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh wow I wonder how class balance will now unfold with someone to replace GC's job.
    Regardless, I wish him all the best and appreciate his effort in balancing 11 classes and dealing with player QQ daily.