Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    awww, gg wow, he was the only one keeping the ship afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Someone doesn't understand what "lead" means.
    And if he is a decent lead then he listens to his team, which I think he did. I dont agree with everything he has done, but over all its better than it was before him. I hope he has success in his future endeavors.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG OMG OMG I so hope this isn't a troll >< GC is FINALLY leaving! Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    OMG OMG OMG I so hope this isn't a troll >< GC is FINALLY leaving! Woot!
    Because it was so awesome before him, with many specs being useless in raids and others being restricted to crappy roles.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardprime View Post
    even ghostcrawler knows wow is a sinking ship
    It wasn't like that until he took over.

Edit> You can ask most players who played Vanilla and TBC, they preferred it before Ghostcrawler took over. A few of my friends are actually re-thinking about coming back now that GC is leaving.
    Last edited by Zemiki; 2013-11-28 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best of luck Greg!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    Because it was so awesome before him, with many specs being useless in raids and others being restricted to crappy roles.....

Spilling out whine with water will allow more to drink it, but at the same time worsen the taste.

About fricken time. The dude was terrible at his job, and I'm being conservative.

Had to chuckle about him throwing out what class he played at the end. Queue the conspiracy nuts going over all the changes for the last few years and somehow relating them to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    I prefer to play a private TBC server and that's what I do over playing retail. During TBC every class/spec had specific roles true... but you needed/wanted some of every class/spec to make a raid work.

Since GC took over it's been more of "stack the class/spec" and shit on the ones that suck and don't keep up like shadow priest. They start off fine early in an expansion and then suck later on (wotlk) and nothing was ever done quick enough to keep them competitive... and since you didn't "need" a shadow priest for mana/spell damage they were cut out a lot.

That was just one from my own personal experience (yes I am a shadow priest). But the game was better before greg street f'd it over homogenizing everything.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    YaY maybe we will get back our real world of warcraft instead of what this idiot has done to the game yr after yr.
    This is the time to party.

FINALLY and DO let the door hit you on the wait out!

People keep commenting like he is reading this thread ... it's ... weird >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    YaY maybe we will get back our real world of warcraft instead of what this idiot has done to the game yr after yr.
    This is the time to party.

FINALLY and DO let the door hit you on the wait out!
    Time will tell of course, but you know that GC was just one part of a development team right? He alone didn't control the direction of the game, and what he said on the forums/twitter reflected the views of the team rather than just himself. Maybe the systems team will somehow take a new approach to balance or whatever, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Also... "real" world of warcraft? What a joke. Name one thing GC "did" to the game that made it so awful. Maybe it'll turn out you actually have a clue as to what his job was on the dev team.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Someone doesn't understand what "lead" means.
    He was only lead systems designer. If you think the mostly invisible technical stuff behind WoW is ruining the game, he's probably the right guy to hate. Otherwise, you're picking on the wrong guy. He became the voice of the WoW Dev team, but he was never the leader of it.
    There's a lot of "lead" guys who work on WoW. There's also a Lead Encounter Designer who leads the team who creates raids and dungeons, a Lead World Designer who leads the team who creates the main game world as well as a lead sound designer, lead art director, lead creative director, lead software engineer among others. At the top of the food chain though is Production Director J. Allen Brack and Lead Game Director Tom Chilton. Ultimately, they're the ones who hold the reins of WoW's development.

This is great now I have another thing to be thankful for on thanksgiving!

From my point of view he didn't have a very positive reputation among the player base.

I think his departure will ultimately help the game more than it will hurt it.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people lack the common decency to appreciate the things GC did right and how much of an impact he has had on WoW. I wish people could swallow their pride and say "Thank you for everything, good and bad. I wish you the best on your future endeavors."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, fuck.
    So now WoD will have 50% of unplayable specs?

10+ Year Old Account
    He'll be missed, but whatever he's moving on to will be the better for having him on board, as I'm sure Blizzard will find someone suitable to take up Ghostcrawler's (albeit heavy) mantle. Good luck Greg, and thanks for everything you've done!

I will admit, between Ghostcrawler leaving, and flying mounts being taken out for the first patch, I am considering trying out the game again, I guess we'll have to wait and see if any other improvements are made. Blizz turned the most popular MMO into a game that's only fun for beginners, but there may still be hope left lol.