Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    A nice guy, overall. I'll definetely miss the smart way which he bitchslapped all the uneducated wide-mouths of this community.

- - - Updated - - -

Memes are just an ass and lazy tool for display an "opinion".
    Cry more. 10char

Honestly, everyone who thinks this is a great thing... geez.
    This guy had arguably the roughest job in all of electronic gaming.. :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    I am not talking about the changes in the game in general, but about his own department, where he was the lead, so, yeah, they were his decisions in the end, his responsibility. You could have taken the time to notice how I didn't refer to any other part of the game; only class design. Instead you had to share with me your story of "unfathomability."
    I didn't mention the game as a whole either. Keep trying.

Deleted
    Shame. I liked the fella.

He knew how to deal with the self-entitled know-it-all cocky vocal minority part of WoW community.

Deleted
    leaving a sinking ship

he always was a smart one

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    leaving a sinking ship

My thoughts exactly. The fanboy tears though are a delicious bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    "Guys, I have a great idea. The best way to get more players and keep them playing is to exclude 95% of them from EVERY seeing the majority of endgame content! They'll keep subscribing to not play anything we put in patches amidst the plethora of new and more approachable MMOs that have flooded the market in the last decade!"

You're a genius.

Though I do agree with leveling having more challenge and taking longer than a couple days of an 18 month expansion.

WOTLK and TBC had more subs

- - - Updated - - -

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

I would like to nominate [Basic Campfire] as new Lead Systems Designer for World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I like how the people rejoicing in GC's departure can't articulate anything beyond trite, hashed meme posts.
    GC's vision of the game was to cut away what made it great. No thanks.

good riddance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    GC's vision of the game was to cut away what made it great. No thanks.
    If you played the game for armor pen and magic resist... can't say I share your image of "great."

In fact he tried to bring back difficult heroic dungeons, one of the things I miss most... it was the community that bitched and moaned those into the ground.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-11-28 at 01:47 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Please, do share at what he actually did. And I mean in details...I can look up a job title on wikipedia as well.
    you dont have to check up on wikipedia to know what he actually did. What he did was take a lot of crap from a lot of people and for the most part dealt with it very well. He made mistakes sure...but let the first person who is completely perfect cast the first stone. The Wow community is such a toxic environment and I'm surprised he handled it for so long.

After Cata all I will say is, good riddance

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler leave.

Nothing surprising given the new wow community and turn blizzard is getting worse, bye greg!

Quote Originally Posted by deathonabun View Post
    I would like to nominate [Basic Campfire] as new Lead Systems Designer for World of Warcraft.
    Der hur bersic cermpfer

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    leaving a sinking ship

If Blizzard is a sinking ship, then 99% of other game developers never left drydock.

The hate people leveled at him is ridiculous. He nerfed your class a few times? That's called game balance. Considering balance the latter half of WoW's lifetime has been consistantly pretty good (especially compared to Classic and much of TBC) I'd say he did a pretty damn good job.

And before anyone mentions PvP, all I can say is L2P. That's the sort of language people like that tend to understand, right?

My speculation based on a few facts.

WoW's population is in a severe decline from BC/WotLK numbers, this is fact. That's upwards of a hundred million $USD lost every month in revenues.

Would I be happy if I had 10,000,000 invested in Blizzard stock? I would not be happy.

I'm betting it was more along the lines of "We at Blizzard thank you for your service, but expect your resignation within 72 hours"

What I hope, is that we get someone to direct the game again, who was in love with Burning Crusade, kills LFG, LFR and makes the social aspect of the game priority #1 again. Millions will quit, many more millions will return.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    If Blizzard is a sinking ship, then 99% of other game developers never left drydock.
    I don't think Blizzard is a sinking ship but more WoW is. The fact we got a highly conservative expansion coming up in an effort to stall for time instead of a bold attempt to reclaim lost subscribers only highlights this.

The hate people leveled at him is ridiculous. He nerfed your class a few times? That's called game balance. Considering balance the latter half of WoW's lifetime has been consistantly pretty good (especially compared to Classic and much of TBC) I'd say he did a pretty damn good job.
    Well I think we can all take a pretty good guess at what class you play...

And before anyone mentions PvP, all I can say is L2P. That's the sort of language people like that tend to understand, right?
    Hand-waving away glaring PvP issues, hmmm? I can suddenly see why you idolize GC so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Unless you're an executive, software development doesn't pay that well.
    Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldr45 View Post
    I'm betting it was more along the lines of "We at Blizzard thank you for your service, but expect your resignation within 72 hours"
    Talked to a friend today who said that the rumor around the office was that the higher-ups didn't like the way he interacted with his class teams. The hunter team was supposedly ready to throw a coup a few months ago...

Yeah I have no way to prove what I'm saying, so take that as you will. Personally I'm sad he's leaving.