Poll: Are you with or against group quests for WoD

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Return Group Quests Please in WoD...

After coming back to WoW from a long time, I've decided to try out the new raf system so went on and made a new account to get a fresh feel of the game. Now I'm an old player and I know the old world got revamped in cata but honestly speaking, while leveling I felt no danger even with no heirlooms mobs were easily a grind and alone I could kill 3-4 mobs at once. That however wasn't much of a matter to me since I know wow has changed to become easier, but what I think that would make leveling fun again is group quests.

I remember back in early wrath when I began I was leveling in redridge and what made it epic was the group quests that were there; they really felt epic like an adventure and fun back then with great rewards and considering the amount of vast xp one can get nowadays, I think it wouldn't hurt if group quests made a return in WoD along with the danger feeling again (and thank god they won't be implementing flying mounts until 6.1 to give it some sense of danger).

Overall I think new player approach for the game is weak, blizz is trying to make them feel that the game is easy and casual by thus making leveling a "walk in the park". For some it might seem unjust if they were to step in BG's and get their asses handed to them by people with heirlooms. So what do you think, are you with or against group quests in WoD? It would be better in fact, since they're improving the LF system in WoD meaning less searching, more questing.

EDIT: I apologize for the misclarification for the poll, it's more like yes, I'm with the return of group quests and no, I'm against the return of group quests. Would be better if a mod also moved this thread to the WoD section since it's more WoD related.
    Last edited by enchanted; 2013-11-28 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Fiercely against it.

Not sure if I want group quests, but I definitely think they should finally use scenarios for what they initially said they would. They were supposed to replace group quests, but.. then they put them at the level cap, not while levelling.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I think poll options are a bit weird and make no sense, when the question is ''are you with or against'' and the answers are ''yes/no'' O.o
    Personally am against, dead server, no people for group quests

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Fiercely against it.
    Yeah, fuck demanding groups to achieve something in MMO.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I think removing group quests is one of the worst things for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Strongly against it.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Not sure if I want group quests, but I definitely think they should finally use scenarios for what they initially said they would. They were supposed to replace group quests, but.. then they put them at the level cap, not while levelling.
    This exactly. Would make both group quests be fun and fast with no additional problem of getting people for it / worst case scenario queuing for it with your friends at level cap to boost you fast. And far better feel of the world.

It'd also help if scenarios weren't soloable from get-go...

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    They were a pleasant diversity from the stupid and monopolizing solo questing so I would be happy if they return. Anything that serves as alternative to solo questing is worth bringing into the game imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a Blood DK i approve of group quests, i want em back
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

They should be back, but not mandatory. It should just be an optional quest but with blue quest rewards instead of green.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkinfinity View Post
    They should be back, but not mandatory. It should just be an optional quest but with blue quest rewards instead of green.
    Group quests were never mandatory. No idea where this idea crawled from.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkinfinity View Post
    I agree, group quests you had to do to get further in the quest chain were hell, sure it made you meet ppl while questing but it was such a annoyance if you were playing late/early when ppl aren't on.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I like challenging mobs, I'm less interested in challenging mobs that force you to group simply by virtue of raw damage or health pool.

I would've liked the fireline guys on timeless isle a lot if their timing was actually reliable at a cross-pacific ~230ms (i.e. hiccupy & in need of client-side calculation). I'm less keen on a standard big elite dinosaur style mob.

All up, I prefer the group quests as scenarios thing. There's more room for interesting creativity & less potential for groups to get in each others way. Hated queuing for group quests.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2013-11-28 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Group quests were never mandatory. No idea where this idea crawled from.
    They actually were, a lot of group quests were the end of a quest chain or quest hub, sure you could skip but then you'd miss a huge chunk of xp and good loot.

Group quests should be that little bonus you can go after, that gives you a nice upgrade, or has a funny quest line. I don't think they should be mandatory, and I hope in the coming years, Blizzard continues to add more Scenarios, but between the leveling ranges.

Imagine if you got a quest to go and so something, and it was within a scenario. It'll be a very epic experience, as they could do more with the Instance, then they could with the "Real World", and it'd break up the leveling monotony a little bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with group quests is that they suck when content isn't relevant anymore. Those group quests on Isle of Thunder are a pain in the ass on alts because no one needs them anymore.

Optional maybe, but not mandatory.
    Statix will suffice.

They could make the "end quests" of chains into scenarios, you'd queue up for it and be matched with others to do it.
    Think that would be a rly good option!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    They actually were, a lot of group quests were the end of a quest chain or quest hub, sure you could skip but then you'd miss a huge chunk of xp and good loot.
    So they weren't mandatory. It doesn't do good for your argument to say "Yeah, they were mandatory...But!"

You could advance just fine without doing group quests. Instance quests are thing of their own but they aren't part of the subject.