Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    The P.P.S was funny since everyone says he plays a mage lol.
    Well, it was obvious that he isn't playing a dd that has to compete with mages. That he plays holy priest explains why shadows have been crap after classic(always changing roles from pvp to pve...from dd to mana battery...from running dotter to standing still glass punching bag...back forth, forth back...it's ridiculous what they did with the shadow over the years). Never being able to compete with other classes in PVE(solo or raids) or PvP(beyond random BGs).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    I can't wait to see your tears after it turns out GC wasn't the cause of your problems with WoW.

Here let me give you this vial beforehand.
    Considering i play for pvp and he fucked up pvp really bad then i would say yes, he is the reason for all my problems with WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Centauron View Post
    I agree. But thats the ultimate question:

Is it better that people spend time in the game, even If it is a unholy grind. Or is the current state (total opposite) better for the game?

I'd go with the first.
    Considering how loud ppl were about rep grind in 5.0, I'd say overall the current state is better for majority, yes. Not like there aren't things to grind in the game at all...

Priest, eh? Suddenly most of my Warrior nerfs are making sense...

Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ View Post
    From my point of view he didn't have a very positive reputation among the player base.

I think his departure will ultimately help the game more than it will hurt it.
    Even here on this forum where you find the most.. erh.. dedicated people, you will see that the polls if they like/dislike ghostcrawler always fall out in great favour to GCs side. The rest of the community don't even know who he is, so most, that cares enough to know him, actually likes him. Just some of these.. dedicated vocal people, you think is the majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    With how Disc Priests are right now, I fucking knew he healed on a Priest...
    He said holy, and while you can respec, he wouldn't say holy if he always played disc all the time he had a problem with holy healing. I do remember him saying that holy didn't suck as much as a lot of people saying, in the beginning of this expansion.

Wonder what he moves on to. Not a new MMO outside of blizzard i guess. Pretty sure he wouldn't be allowed to do that.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Even here on this forum where you find the most.. erh.. dedicated people, you will see that the polls if they like/dislike ghostcrawler always fall out in great favour to GCs side. The rest of the community don't even know who he is, so most, that cares enough to know him, actually likes him. Just some of these.. dedicated vocal people, you think is the majority.
    Well, any chance that the mages like him? I don't think there are many shadows out there saying that he did a great job during the last 5 years....;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Well, any chance that the mages like him? I don't think there are many shadows out there saying that he did a great job during the last 5 years....;-)
    Why would he not be allowed to do that? He is no longer working for Blizzard.
    He is not taking any of the software with him so it is perfectly fine aslong as he does not reveal any Blizzard company secrets to his new company.

Heck maybe he is not even working on videogame's anymore it could very well be that he is doing something else.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Annnnnd with that i am now getting WoD

YEEEEEES !!!!
    Actually he was working on WoD up until recently so you might have a few years to wait before escaping his influence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Considering i play for pvp and he fucked up pvp really bad then i would say yes, he is the reason for all my problems with WoW
    Actually Holinka is the head PvP designer (who is a real piece of work himself). If anything, GC seemed to want as little to do with PvP as possible as he was clearly clueless about it on several occasions.
    Last edited by Torais; 2013-11-28 at 02:00 PM.

Good riddance. Enough of his destructive decisions for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovsa View Post
    I now have hope for the next Expansion
    Agreed.

The beta may turn out to be better now with a new lead.

Mages should like him, though they dislike the 90 tier talents.
    Shadow was OP in the beginning of the expansion in pvp, and could dish out some pretty decent damage overall. They nerfed them too much though.
    Overall i guess most people just realise that he's not trying to do things to annoy them personally when they get nerfed/inconvenienced ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nirron View Post
    Why would he not be allowed to do that? He is no longer working for Blizzard.
    He is not taking any of the software with him so it is perfectly fine aslong as he does not reveal any Blizzard company secrets to his new company.

Heck maybe he is not even working on videogame's anymore it could very well be that he is doing something else.
    I think you tried to reply to me?
    Because as a lead designer he will have knowledge about what their future plans is. It's pretty common that people with leading positions don't get to take a job at a competing firm for a while after, as part of their contract. Ideas is important for companies too.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a miracle he's finally leaving, the game might actually start getting good again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Shadow was OP in the beginning of the expansion in pvp, and could dish out some pretty decent damage overall. They nerfed them too much though.
    In pvp in general? YOu mean the 3vs3 and 5vs5(usually with mages and rogues to protect them)...maybe...but 2vs2 and 1vs1 or rated BG? Hardly. They always needed other classes to protect their *** to be able to do ANY damage at all.
    Doing "pretty decent" damage is only for one dd-class a reason to be nerfed as it seems: Shadows(guess because they are all shocked when they see shadows doing damage after all those years that they immidiately call for "NERF!!!!").
    Last edited by Pacster; 2013-11-28 at 02:19 PM.

Goodbye and good luck

In pvp in general? YOu mean the 3vs3 and 5vs5(usually with mages and rogues to protect them)...maybe...but 2vs2 and 1vs1 or rated BG? Hardly. They always needed other classes to protect their *** to be able to do ANY damage at all.
    Doing "pretty decent" damage is only for one dd-class a reason to be nerfed as it seems: Shadows.
    In all fairness it's only to be expected that they get the protection they need. If you don't protect the one in your group in 3v3 that is best at killing things you're doing it wrong. They did suck solo against melee pummeling them, yes ^^
    Think it was a shame they removed the life swap from them. That was over the top.
    Think we're straying too far away from the topic though >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    This is all my fault. I gave him a hug at Blizzcon. It's what pushed him over the edge.
    He and I made out at Blizzcon. Beat that. He did. Oh ho ho.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good Luck GC, the company will be a lesser place without you x

Sad to see him go, he (and the other devs) made the game a lot better after the vanilla and tbc balancing mess.
    I would never picture him playing a holy priest, he must be a bit masochistic :P

10+ Year Old Account
    GL out there GC!