Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    yea literally died with boss @ 2% hp going into a breath because i was too lazy to move.... Bit of a newbie when it comes to reading logs. How can you see how many keg smashes you missed? Came back to PvE in 5.4 so literally have 0 other trinkets Anyways thanks for feedback Time to (keg)smash siegecrafter in the face tonight
    If you go to a specific boss kill, select your character and go to the "buffs cast" tab, you should see a "power gains" area. It'll show you how much chi you generated from each source, and you can just divide the KS gains by 2 and you'll get how many KS you casted over the fight (can't go off hits for damage since it cleaves). From there you just have to take your fight time and divide it by 8 and you'll see how many KS you *could* have gotten (although 9 is usually better because hitting it right off CD is not as likely even for top end players).

Yea a few of our raid members joined a PuG after our raid days to kill Garrosh so we are able to start HCs. @Raiju i did suggest extending our lockout so we can finally get our achievements but I think overall they are more keen to start HC bosses!
    You can't enter HCs before you've killed Garrosh on normal(Or bring one that has killed him on normal)

Your gear is high enough, and the damage is okay too for HC. we're about the same timewise, with raiding 5½ hour pr week, and we ended up taking 2 hours extra one week to get it cleared.
    If you extend the lockout you should probably be prepared that you won't get it down that week.
    Blackfuse might give you some trouble. Is about getting the transporter working well, and tanks killing the adds right.
    Paragons was easy for us, but overall require tanks to do it right. Took us 4 pulls.
    Garrosh is hard as in people need to play well individually, but if they're good at mechanics it shouldn't take you too long. And you want to 2heal that fight. Don't think your dps is up for 3healing that fight.

I would advice you to go do those bosses on flex first if you haven't, since you then can get a good part of the mechanics in place.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    You can't enter HCs before you've killed Garrosh on normal(Or bring one that has killed him on normal)

Your gear is high enough, and the damage is okay too for HC. we're about the same timewise, with raiding 5½ hour pr week, and we ended up taking 2 hours extra one week to get it cleared.
    If you extend the lockout you should probably be prepared that you won't get it down that week.
    Blackfuse might give you some trouble. Is about getting the transporter working well, and tanks killing the adds right.
    Paragons was easy for us, but overall require tanks to do it right. Took us 4 pulls.
    Garrosh is hard as in people need to play well individually, but if they're good at mechanics it shouldn't take you too long. And you want to 2heal that fight. Don't think your dps is up for 3healing that fight.

I would advice you to go do those bosses on flex first if you haven't, since you then can get a good part of the mechanics in place.
    How is paragons a tank fight? Apart from using avoidance on a couple of them and making sure we don't tank bosses we've got a debuff for. Seems more of a dps doing the tactics right to me Anyway, raid tonight so hopefully I'll have some good news tomorrow!

How is paragons a tank fight? Apart from using avoidance on a couple of them and making sure we don't tank bosses we've got a debuff for. Seems more of a dps doing the tactics right to me Anyway, raid tonight so hopefully I'll have some good news tomorrow!
    If tanks don't grab the right boss, they get one shot. Face The Prime the wrong way... RIP your entire raid. Normal Paragons is pretty much a sick joke to lul you into a false sense of security for when you try it on heroic.

Not saying it's hard. Just that they have to use the avoidance on a couple of bosses and not taunting the wrong target since you go instantly splat then, as you said ^^
    Also taunting korven off when he has shield bashed your cotank if you want to, but shouldn't really be needed.
    If dps struggle with some special mechanism you can always kill that first and delay the things they handle better, so it's a bit easier to adjust to weaknesses. Some people let the first avoidance boss live during the entire encounter, and we kill it from start, because i can't be arsed to focus on that from start to end >.<
    If you're up for that it's easier to pick the truly more annoying bosses.

Good luck with the raid tomorrow ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    If tanks don't grab the right boss, they get one shot. Face The Prime the wrong way... RIP your entire raid. Normal Paragons is pretty much a sick joke to lul you into a false sense of security for when you try it on heroic.
    Yeah. I could imagine them being a real pain on HC with all the abilities actually hurting. I heard so much about them being hard on normal so i had read tacts and what's'not and then they just fell over. Was slightly disapointed.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Siege & Paragons down after deciding to extend the lockout Now for Garrosh on sunday!

I'd recommend starting heroics immediately after killing garrosh. but don't extend lockouts or miss loot for a week to push heroics. also, do them in order, it's really the best way to get it done. only one maybe worth skipping is sha till your 5/14

If you're 10 man, the only heroic boss worth thinking about skipping is shamans if you don't have a 3rd tank. Otherwise do them in order.

Immerseus can be annoying on 10 man (total faceroll in 25), so don't let that put you off.

Fallen Protectors is a simple fight, just get an interrupt rotation going for the Gloom spawn, a "tanking" rotation for the Anguish and you've got yourself a kill (Difficulty: 3/10)

Norushen got obliterated by the designers for reasons that aren't important now, basically, it's now the easiest heroic in 10 man, dps race, nothing more (Difficulty: 1/10)

Sha of Pride can be tricky at first glance, but basically just requires your dps to put their pride aside (see what the devs did there?) and soak rifts. Get everyone to use a weakaura that tells them when they can soak, make sure players stand in the stuff they're supposed to and get out of the stuff they're not, watch a video on how to do pac man, set up some cds for the AoE blast and a kill will follow quickly (Difficulty: 4/10)

Galakras is pretty simple once you drill into your dps that totems and the shaman's are plotting to kill their pets and loved ones slowly unless they die quickly. AoE, kill shaman, interrupt his heal, hit his totem. Phase 2, split your raid into two teams and spread the debuff to 3 stacks on one side, then the other and repeat. (Difficulty 4/10)

Iron Juggernaut, pretty much patchwerk in phase 1, heal through saw blades, loose stacking. In P2, stack up at the back, have tanks stomp on bombs with CDs, kite the laser beam and use raid CDs on each shock pulse (Difficulty: 2/10)

Dark Shaman, two teams, one for each boss. New mechanic is simply a debuff that does 100% of your health in physical damage to you when it expires and some falling stones that you avoid. Put a bubble on the player with the expiring debuff or have them use a nice personal CD and it's like normal mode - so it can still be a bitch (Difficulty: 5/10)

Nazgrim, new add spawns called a sniper... or something, basically it focuses a raid member and shoots arrows at them, face it away from the raid. Once again, that pesky pet and loved one hating shaman is back, kill it and have someone interrupt the mage. Easy kill (Difficulty 3/10)

---

Those bosses should be pretty easy to get yourself going, Malkorok is probably where the difficulty can seem to increase, but it's more because it requires everyone to be playing properly and do a job of some description.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-11-29 at 03:50 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    You're probably going to get different difficulty rankings out of different guilds, but out of the first 9 heroic bosses for my guild it was probably this:

(easiest < hardest)
    Norushen < Protectors < Sha < Nazgrim < Immerseus < Galakras < Juggernaut < Malkorok < Shamans

In terms of gear required it's a fairly straight progression curve from front to back though, Immerseus can be tricky but the DPS/Heal checks are pretty easy to meet. Nazgrim only gets such an easy ranking because the fight mechanically is actually relatively simple. Sha is mechanically strict but is easily outgear/strat-able and becomes quite easy if your raid 'clicks' with the fight.

Thanks for the tips on heroics! .. shame our first meaningful progression raids are going to fall over Christmas! Looking forward to wiping lots on Garrosh first anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Gearshifter View Post
    when you have killed garrosh you are ready to enter heroic, first several HC bosses are eassier than garrosh normal
    I disagree sooooo much.

when you have killed garrosh you are ready to enter heroic, first several HC bosses are eassier than garrosh normal
    disagree, none are

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Gala is also 2 but ure gonna need a player that can heal with a DPS spec to go into the tower(need 2 healers down at the ground and with 3 healers u wont make the dps requirements)l
    Not needed at all. Just make sure your dps know how to target the banners and totems and have the healer positioned properly so he can heal the group and the demolition experts or whatever they're called. Not that my experiences really matter, but we're a really casual group and it took us 6 tries of getting a good Grunt tactic and getting everything sorted properly and now we haven't wiped a single time since we killed it the first time.

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh normal is pretty much only a gear check to heroics. When you have downed Garrosh, that just means you have the gear to do the first few heroics. Even the first heroics have a LOT less forgiving mechanics, which makes them harder to recover from regardless of gear levels.

Start attempts on heroic as soon as you can, provided that you have enough time to at least clear the rest of your farm bosses in the same week. Tier pieces are almost all at the back end of the raid, and they're significant performance boosters that you want to chase. You don't want to sacrifice that important gear progression.

As for difficulty, even H Immerseus requires your raid to very much know what they're doing. It has a "stop attacking" mechanic that is VERY punishing if people push it even a bit too far.

I wouldn't recommend touching any normal modes until you've killed Garrosh, for sure. If you can't full clear the raid within your 5 hours, you're not ready for heroics.

A lot of people will suggest that fights like Immerseus and Norushen are jokes on heroic. They're not. They're certainly not overly difficult, but Immerseus will wipe you and wipe you and wipe you and Norushen is a DPS check. You need the gear and the practice before they start becoming joke fights.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu