Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I'll just post what I posted on the front page...

It upsets me.

It upsets me that the one guy who tried to connect to his audience the most is leaving. It upsets me even more that I feel that, somewhere along his decision-making, he left partly because he'd had enough of being the face-man for Blizzard and having to put up with so much shit from the fans who ultimately believe -- even to this day -- that he was the sole proprietor of what happens to WoW.

Even now people bash GC and say "good riddance" and "now WoW will be good again". It's a damn shame that retarded people like them like to sit in blissful ignorance and think that everything Blizz done was in the name of Ghostcrawler, not even realising -- or perhaps WANT to realize -- that everything Blizz had done has been because of a collective agreement, and not because of one man.
    If his team goes in a different direction in his area of responsibility, he's fails to lead as the lead developer. Verbally kicking players while they're down and hurting with "to the ground baby!" is obnoxious. He was also indecisive; one moment he wanted to drastically nerf mana regen for dps to resources matter then wanted dps not to be throttled in such a manner. Talent trees were constantly changed, and homogenizing classes cause that's his vision of the class(es). Every class has at least one dot and small slow heals are fun.... He tells the crowd that fun is not hitting for big numbers, wtf???? I don't need a self centered marine biologist to tell me what fun is.

Woot he's gone! The new guy might not fix WoW but will be great if he doesn't wreak it further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Hopefully next dev is attractive
    Same and cand handle some blame ofc after all we need new person to hate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Gear stats randomized...

This was the clue..

Jay Wilson will be his successor...
    Hah yea i was thinking when i read the explanation about new stats and gear "wtf is this D3 RNG system". If something who can forces me to leave this game will be super duper RNG with mine gear stats just like in d3

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Awesome! I laughed hard

- - - Updated - - -

I hope class homogenization goes out the door with GC.

I want that feeling of uniqueness back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Again, you say that, but it remains to be seen if whoever comes in can *cough* make the game better in his absence.
    Considering that GC was only the class and professions lead, I'm having a good laugh at all of these people who are glad he's leaving because they hated LFR/flying/raid design/zone design/game direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Awesome! I laughed hard

- - - Updated - - -

I hope class homogenization goes out the door with GC.

I want that feeling of uniqueness back.
    I liked feeling unique, like my class was the only one that brought a particular tool to the raid.

But if that ever happens (which is doubtful) the QQ storm will be tremendous. Balance is impossible without making the classes similar.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    I love GC, but this was very funny. I'll miss him :\

He seems like a cool dude, a lot of his posts were well-thought out and sounded good... However I'd say the game in general started getting a lot less fun in wrath, which I still believe had so much more potential than it ended up having... The game started to become a lot less interesting and mundane starting around wrath, in my opinion. Maybe it's a really good things he is leaving

About fucking time that nasty mofo left.He ruined the game and now he can't even stay to see it finished.WoW draws it's last breath and this fucker is leaving.
    I say thats a job well done.

FUCK YOU GREG STREET

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Considering that GC was only the class and professions lead, I'm having a good laugh at all of these people who are glad he's leaving because they hated LFR/flying/raid design/zone design/game direction.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked feeling unique, like my class was the only one that brought a particular tool to the raid.

But if that ever happens (which is doubtful) the QQ storm will be tremendous. Balance is impossible without making the classes similar.
    This entire game was based on rock paper scissor. It is possible. It doesn't have to be paper paper paper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    This entire game was based on rock paper scissor. It is possible. It doesn't have to be paper paper paper.
    Never in WoW (and I've been playing since beta 1) have I ever encountered a class balance situation that was rock paper scissors. There's always some class that just trumps all of the others. If you were ever in a situation where a certain class could always beat you and you could always beat others, that class that always beat you was just the OP flavor of the month that beat EVERYONE and the guy you always beat was the class that everyone else beat.

It's always been more of a ladder than RPS.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I concur. I can pretty much draw a line straight from the decline in subscribers and satisfaction with the game directly to his beginning tenure as lead developer. I suppose his brand of throwing everything into a blender content wise and seeing what slag pours out and calling it an expansion has finally caught up with him. I don't suspect he resigned so much as was asked to leave gracefully. I blame him for the constant redefining of roles in classes as well as recycling old content and calling it new content. To this day, old dungeons and raids are being recycled and thrown at us as new. Sorry, taking what I poop yesterday and sprinkling oregano on it doesn't make it lasagna today nor does taking dungeons I farmed two expacs ago and retuning the bosses and having the balls to call it new make it really new. I'm glad he's going, but that doesn't mean the next one will be any better. Let's all hope that they are.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

Deleted
    I just read speculation like "he was leaving the sinking boat" or "he was just put there to take insults troll etc", you guys dont have prof, and you can have different opinion but stop that shit "omg you're stupid if you dont see this or that", in any case, yours are just speculations.

For me, im just happy to see him gone, because from my point of view things wouldn't be better with him in the near feature.

I just read speculation

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    What the fuck lol where is he going? Like I don't fucking like him myself but what could possibly be better then being well one of the devs in charge of a multi billion company for a game anyway.
    money and power aren't everything ... look how he appears as if the life has been sucked out of him. Maybe he'll go somewhere with a less volatile fan base. People are hateful and will misdirect it on you in a heartbeat without justification.

I'd've gotten permission to tear the community a new ass for their conclusion jumping, assumptions, and straight out defamatory bullshit just because internets.

I don't like a lot of changes, but how do you really account for what he was directly responsible for, and what he was -told- to do and say. Information out of Blizzard is highly controlled and monitored. He says nothing that isn't permitted, if he did, he'd have gotten the axe just the same as Xelnath.

I'm sure he has enough money to live comfortably, and he probably found a great job ... people leaving Blizz, good terms or bad, seem to find a home somewhere nice (Xelnath went to Riot to work on LoL and kept the same name).

I'm not saying you should like him or what he did, but I don't think your animosity is as well founded as you believe it to be. Just wait, you'll hate the next person as much as him and the one before him. The cycle shall continue.

Maybe the new person can return my favored specs to the playstyle they were in the past ... that is the only thing that could bring me back ... and you know what, Xelnath is the one that ruined my spec and I still have no negativity towards the guy, he did what he thought was best, and I don't blame GC either, his boss. Shit changes, I don't have to like it; millions of others do however enjoy the changes and that is good enough for the company.

People want what they want; get pissy if they don't get it, then want to piss on someone to vent ... GC was the public target for so many people for things not going their way.

Putting someone worse than Ghostcrawler in charge of things, does not make Ghostcrawler better. He will be just a lesser evil, but still evil.

He was bad for the game and he is (finally) gone, the community should hope for someone better, an actual designer, who spend his time designing not tweeting and talking crap on forums.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    maybe pvp has a chance next expac
    kalgan ruined class balance with arena. get rid of him asap!

Quote Originally Posted by Schroedinger View Post
    Putting someone worse than Ghostcrawler in charge of things, does not make Ghostcrawler better. He will be just a lesser evil, but still evil.
    Ohhh, evil Ghostcrawler, sure did hurt a lot of people that the classes weren't tuned perfectly. EVIL!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    kalgan ruined class balance with arena. get rid of him asap!
    Pretty much. In BG and larger scale PvP situations, class balance doesn't matter so much (thus classes can be more unique and be ok) but when arena was introduced, class balance was put under an electron microscope and the tiniest of imbalances became massive. This FORCED classes to homogenize.

Take the focus off of arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Reminds me of this video:
    Bahaha The Rock unstoppable

Kalgan stays, GC left.

You GC fans lost, time to stfu. Game over.