Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Help with my warlock

Hello guys,

Im serious have problems with my dps, it must be the rotation who its wrong becuse some other lowgeared do better dps then me, my dps are around 100k some fight in dungeons and raids with much buffs i can go up to 140k, what should my dps was on with this gear?

My rotation im allways put "Immolate" and "curse of the elements", 1 conflagrate at time on target then i use incinerate on target untill i have 2 embers then i put chaos bolt on target and i allways using dark sould instabillity on CD.

Anyone knows what i can do to step up my dps so im allways good over 100k sometimes i can go down around 85-90k too.

Here is my armory: I cant put my link to armory here but its "Jossán - Kazzak 90 warlock"

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A1n/advanced
    your missing Gems, and Enchants for starters.
    also your gear is not upgraded.

Deleted
    I almost got this gear so upgrades im doing as far i get valor, about the chest its temporary i disenchated and i cant get restoration so i will wait for gm, the chest i normaly use is "robes of the tendered heart" (im sorry i cant put links yet) that chest are enchated and gemed, i put enchant and gem on the temporary chest today before raid thats why i cant see it there.

Read any destruction warlock guide. There are plenty of resources on warlock rotation. Focus particularly on chaos bolt usage.

Looking at your armory,

You're not hit capped. 15%
    Mastery is king
    Supremacy + Imp

I've been playing Destro since wrath and even though it has changed alot since then, the basics are the same

My rotation

curse elements -> Immolate -> Conflag x 2 (I have it glyphed) 6 incinerates -> usually gives me two embers -> Two chaos Bolts that fly immediately after.
    Rinse Repeat.

Also, on fights with adds include Rain of Fire into the mix, I know its not as good after the nerf but It can still help quite alot. On Nuroshen it's amazing!
    I know a lot of people frown upon using a conflag buff to burn a chaos bolt but I do it quite frequently and it doesn't really cause much of a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethyrian View Post

My rotation

curse elements -> Immolate -> Conflag x 2 (I have it glyphed) 6 incinerates -> usually gives me two embers -> Two chaos Bolts that fly immediately after.
    Rinse Repeat.
    Don't listen to this, you'll lose ALOT of dps by rotating like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Don't listen to this, you'll lose ALOT of dps by rotating like that.
    Well I do well enough and have done well enough doing this rotation since they revamped Destro. I'd like to see what you do differently and how much of a difference it makes. but considering the OP asked for advice, I think its up to them to see what they prefer.

Deleted
    Well I do well enough and have done well enough doing this rotation since they revamped Destro. I'd like to see what you do differently and how much of a difference it makes. but considering the OP asked for advice, I think its up to them to see what they prefer.
    immolate --> dark soul --> conflag --> incinerate at least once, max 3 --> chaosbolt if all trinkets are up --> conflag --> incinerate till under 3 backdraft --> snapshot immolate while under as much buffs as possible and with pandemie --> chaosbolt until proccs run out (i don´t count VZs like cloak, weapon as proccs here, way to weak)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    SNIP
    Close to what I would say - since he's a started, probably to highlight again:

- always use Chaosbolt with as much buffs up as possible...never use chaosbolt w/o buffs except you would get capped at full embers otherwhise

Looking at your armory,

You're not hit capped. 15%
    Mastery is king
    Supremacy + Imp

I've been playing Destro since wrath and even though it has changed alot since then, the basics are the same

My rotation

Rinse Repeat.

Also, on fights with adds include Rain of Fire into the mix, I know its not as good after the nerf but It can still help quite alot. On Nuroshen it's amazing!
    I know a lot of people frown upon using a conflag buff to burn a chaos bolt but I do it quite frequently and it doesn't really cause much of a problem.
    Much of this is incorrect.

If you run grim sup, observer is highest dps unless the fight involves a lot of switching.

Someone has already covered why this rotation is wrong but it essentially comes down to use chaos bolt with trinkets. Casting so many incinerates is going to have short duration procs fall off.
    Also I seriously hope you threw rinse and repeat in there by accident because repeating that at any point beyond the opener is ridiculous.

Rain of fire during haste procs/lust and havoc adds.

A lot of people frown on back drafting chaos bolt for good reason. It's ok to do if you need to squeeze a chaos bolt before a proc expires but if that were the case, you shouldn't have comflagrated in the first place. Don't give people bad advice on the basis of "I do it and it works out" unless you're willing to provide sims and math of why every other warlock is wrong.

Frankly, you should take another look at how to play destruction before giving advice.
    Last edited by Imperviable; 2013-11-28 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You never, EVER, want to cast CB unless you're about to cap your embers, got a second target to havoc or having DS and trinkets ready.

These two "rotations", is the difference between a good and a mediocre Destruction Warlock.
    Last edited by vian; 2013-11-28 at 11:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    It seems alot of people aren't familiar with the flying time of incinerate.
    For starters, the incinerate spell hit when it comes in contact with a target.
    Therefor you PRE-cast both incinerate and Immolate on the target.

We take Malkorok for an example; We have a DBM pull of 10sec, when we get to the 3sec marker you start to cast incinerate (Deppending on your haste) - The boss will not be pulled until the incinerate hits the boss and you can cast a Immolate before the boss itself is pulled by the tank. You gain both DPS and for me, if it's a crit and I did it right with the timers, I get of a extra CB in the nuke phase aka all trinkets / cds up. Which is a huge dps gain.

Also for the rotation; Pot, incinerate, Immolate *BOSS PULLED* conflag, conflag, incinerate, *TRINKETS UP*, Incinerate, CB, CB, Immolate
    Keep immolate up, and yes, for the first CB, for me is used by 3 stackes of Backdraft, else there is no way to get out two CB with Puri and a 6-10 stacks of Black blood.
    (When Black blood is stacked with 10stacks, gain 30k int combined with puri and DS, it's worth it.)

Since I raid 25man there is not needed for me to put up the Elements debuff on the boss. We have rogues who dmg my target. If you have a rogue in the group, you should never ever start the fight with Elements. The rogue will get that asap when he/she attacks the boss. (ofc you can cast the global on the boss, for example Blood Frenzy on Thok, all deppening really on which tactic you play.)

Not really much help for me to the "Thread owner" but since he changed server / name, not much to comment on.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperviable View Post
    If you run grim sup, observer is highest dps unless the fight involves a lot of switching.

This really isn't relevant. Unless the fight involves a mechanic where you need to interupt something (or in rare cases purge somethings) you should always take imp. It gives you a mass dispell, which in 10 man, is pretty damn good, and it gives you a healing hot. The dps difference between the 2 is so small, it really isn't worth thinking about, you are better off with the imp for its utility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcherry View Post
    This really isn't relevant. Unless the fight involves a mechanic where you need to interupt something (or in rare cases purge somethings) you should always take imp. It gives you a mass dispell, which in 10 man, is pretty damn good, and it gives you a healing hot. The dps difference between the 2 is so small, it really isn't worth thinking about, you are better off with the imp for its utility.
    why should anyone take the imp instead of the observer if they don´t have to dispell anything and don´t need the imps utility? it´s about a 2-3k dps difference between imp and observer, and thats pretty huge loss for "only being to lazy to switch pets for each encounter"

take the observer if you need the silence/purge or your pet can attack the boss without needing to switch targets that often.
    take the imp if you really need the imps selfheal anyhow, need to help out dispelling or your pet has to switch targets quite often.
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-11-29 at 01:42 PM.

why should anyone take the imp instead of the observer if they don´t have to dispell anything and don´t need the imps utility? it´s about a 2-3k dps difference between imp and observer, and thats pretty huge loss for "only being to lazy to switch pets for each encounter"

take the observer if you need the silence/purge or your pet can attack the boss without needing to switch targets that often.
    take the imp if you really need the imps selfheal anyhow, need to help out dispelling or your pet has to switch targets quite often.
    If you're going by simcraft (which you shouldn't) the margin for error makes it irrelevant, and even ignoring that, its only about 1.2k dps. I'm sorry, but if I'm doing 300k+ on a single target fight, then "theoretically" gaining 1-2k dps really isn't worth thinking about. All content this expansion has been about mechanics, not min maxing so I can gain a >0.5% damage increase.

Imp should always be the go to pet, just for the heal it gives. You have less chance of your pet despawning due to range issues (Thok as an example). Then it has the mass dispell effect, which can save a priest something like ~15% of his mana, at a zero cost to us. The only fight I ever use observer is on Nazgrim to interupt the caster adds and for the purge effect.

Deleted
    If you're going by simcraft (which you shouldn't) the margin for error makes it irrelevant, and even ignoring that, its only about 1.2k dps. I'm sorry, but if I'm doing 300k+ on a single target fight, then "theoretically" gaining 1-2k dps really isn't worth thinking about. All content this expansion has been about mechanics, not min maxing so I can gain a >0.5% damage increase.

Imp should always be the go to pet, just for the heal it gives. You have less chance of your pet despawning due to range issues (Thok as an example). Then it has the mass dispell effect, which can save a priest something like ~15% of his mana, at a zero cost to us. The only fight I ever use observer is on Nazgrim to interupt the caster adds and for the purge effect.
    lets also put some stamina / mastery gems into blue sockets, because it´s not a that big gain anyway, but woot, more HP!
    seriously, it´s not much, but all of this min maxing things sum up and end on being a really huge dps gain.
    It´s okay if you want to play that way, but don´t talk about it like it´s the way to play destro
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-11-29 at 02:34 PM.

Deleted
    lets also put some stamina / mastery gems into blue sockets, because it´s not a that big gain anyway, but woot, more HP!
    seriously, it´s not much, but all of this min maxing things sum up and end on being a really huge dps gain.
    Yeah but saving the priest's mana is a much larger gain for the raid, you know...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Yeah but saving the priest's mana is a much larger gain for the raid, you know...
    maybe you want to read my post again. I said take the imp if you need to help out dispelling. You know that there are also fights where you don´t need to dispell anything, do you?

Deleted
    maybe you want to read my post again. I said take the imp if you need to help out dispelling. You know that there are also fights where you don´t need to dispell anything, do you?
    oi. Yeah I skipped that. My bad.

Or the inverse, unless the fight requires a dispel or intensive target switching, you should take the observer. Considering the observer puts out more damage, this should be the case.

Or are you one of those people who always take Kil'jaeden's Cunning because the utility is worth more than damage even on fights without movement?