Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    honestly? patch the game back to season 8, that was the last time I enjoyed pvp
    season 8 was a glorious time for my lock

Deleted
    OP would even be worse than ghostcrawler.

Deterrence removed completely from the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Double the damage during ascendance for enhance shamans. It takes me ,like, 3 globals to kill equally geared players. That's just too long. If I could kill someone with one or maybe two spells that would be more balanced. /sarcasm

Seriously tho. Burst cool downs are waaaaayyy too strong.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Games View Post
    pvp in WoW doesn't really take much skill as some of these other games out there. you don't have to aim or time your abilities properly for the most part, where in these other games you do. my changes are just the tip of the iceberg. they would make the game more fast paced and fun instead of slow and boring, as the game is now. the second part would take some time, as blizz would have to change the gameplay to be more like wildstar or LoL, where you physically have to aim a lot of your abilities. that's where real skill comes in.

pressing a button that stuns someone for 5 seconds automatically doesn't take skill. throwing a heal on a player doesn't take skill. right now, surviving with limited abilities and using your terrain to your advantage takes skill. even if the game becomes a clusterfck in the middle, that sounds a lot more fun than the current implementation. but if the game were to change to my idea, you would have to see a lot more maps with tight corridors and buildings similar to FPS maps. small maps (think dalaran) where you can escape, hide and gather yourself. this could eventually give rise to deathmatch, which is the greatest form of pvp ever made. the fact that there isn't a competitive form of deathmatch with a ranking system in the game proves that blizzard doesn't know jack about pvp.

anyone who thinks WoW pvp has ever been good.. well, i feel sorry that you had to grow up on such bad pvp.
    Well you've clearly never been higher rater than 1200.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a thing. For what it's worth the game is about as balanced as it can be. It will NEVER be perfect, and trying to achieve that is meaningless.

basically this... except make ret/prot hybrids less suspect to ranged kiting and buff enh shamans to not require bloodlust for everything they do.

Deleted
    Here are the changes i would make to PvP classwise:

Base resillience to 85% for all classes to start with

warrior:

rage generation to the way it used to be in vanilla
    blootbath dot damage increased - hits for fack all in pvp ( 8k dot yeey ) so double that damage
    avatar: root immunity for 4 seconds
    shockwave on a 30 sec cd instead of 40
    second wind healing increased by 40% in pvp area's , 7k ticks will be 10k ticks
    intimidating shout back to a 1 minute cooldown

paladin:

Seal of truth now also reduces damage taken by 15%
    Crusader strike crits generate an additional holy power
    standard hoj cd to 40 seconds
    blinding light 1 sec cast time for all specs
    repentance shares dr with hoj and turn evil and turn evil shares dr with hoj
    hand of sacrefice undispellable
    devine shield duration reduced to 6 seconds but is now undispellable

Hunter:

wyvern sting now shares dimminish return with freezing trap
    steady shot and cobra shot 1 sec cast time instead of 1.5 seconds
    freezing trap duration reduced to 6 seconds
    concussive shot cd increased to 8 seconds
    fein death now makes you immune to damage for 2 seconds 1 min cd
    tranq shot now removes 2 buffs instead of 1

rogue:

Burst of speed now has a 6 second cooldown
    kidneyshot now has a 30 second cooldown
    shadowdance now has a 1.30 min cd
    energy base regeneration increased by 10%
    vannish now makes you immune to damage for 2 seconds
    Cheat death makes you immune for damage for 3 seconds when procced

Priest:

Mindcontroll and psychic scream now share a dimminished return
    psyfiend now has 50% of the casters health
    Powerword shield now has a 50% chance to get dispelled by a dispell instead of 100% from spells like purge, dispell magic, spellsteal etc.
    mindbender now has a 1.30 minute cooldown
    renew base healing increased by 50%

Shaman:

earthshield base healing increased by 20%
    shamans now have a new totem called: protector of the earth: protector of the earth: now summons a totem with 50% of the casters health making the shaman immune to damage for 5 seconds, while the totem is up the shaman is immune to interrupts and any kind of cc 3 minute cooldown

Mage:

Polymorph now has a 8 second cooldown
    Icebarrier absorbtion increased by 25%
    iceblock now has a 4 minute cooldown
    spellsteal now has a 3 second cooldown
    icelance damage reduce by 10%

warlocks:

fear now has once again a 8 second cooldown but the casting time is reduced to 1 second
    healthstone healing and dark regeneration(tallent) increased by 30%
    gateway debuff now has a 30 second duration for the warlock and a 40 second duration for allies ( setbonus already included )

Monk:

teleport transfer now has a 15 second cooldown
    teleport transfer: return now has a 30 second cooldown
    legsweep now has a 30 second cooldown and a 15 yard range
    paralysis now has a 8 second duration in pvp even when used in front of the player 20 second cooldown
    mana cost of renewing mist decreased to 18.000 mana
    surging mist mana cost reduced to 22.000 mana
    mana tea now regens 2.8% mana of the spellcaster down from 4%

Druid:

Barkskin now has a 1 minute cooldown
    Ironbark now has a 1 minute cooldown
    Cyclone now has a 8 second cooldown
    Displacer beast now has a 1 minute cooldown
    Disorienting roar now shares diminnishing returns with cyclone
    Heart of the wild cooldown has been reduced to 3 minutes for resto druids but resto druids no longer benefit from the damage increasement, only from heart of the wild healing, for the feral and moonkin spec hearth of the wild will stay the same

Deathknight:

Blood presence stamina increased by 15% down from 25%, base armor increased by 35% down from 55% damage taken reduced by 5% down from 10%
    Icebound fortitude now puts your Desecrated ground tallent on a 20 second cooldown
    asphyxiate now has a 40 second cooldown
    Necrotic strike weapon damage reduced to 105% down from 130%
    Anti-magic shell now has a 1 minute cooldown down from 45 seconds
    Death grip can now be used from 2-40 yard range 2 charges with pvp set bonus within 4 seconds window

not everyone will agree with my changes but hey this is what i would do if i was to change things
    thanks for reading my post ^^,

Kh1landria.
    Last edited by mmoc935516b60d; 2013-11-29 at 02:44 AM.

I legit can't tell if this a troll post or not ^

Deleted
    ok seriously this time

1) abilitiy squish, paladins dont need a fear nor a blind, druids dont need a blink priests dont need stealth hunters dont need stealth the list goes on and you get the idea
    2) no cooldown stacking for absurd burst
    3) almost no instant cc (expect stuns), the only cc is cc that has to be casted for at least 1.5 seconds, point 1) should remove tons of stupid cc, so overall less cc
    4) remove most instant spells, casters should cast, remove most gapclosers from meeles to allow casters to cast, if you get away you should be able to get a cast off
    5) no self healing for every damn class
    6) no tank specs in pvp (hi blood dks)
    7) pvp rewards like tabards and mounts should be accountwide, raids achievments and rare mounts aquired trough raid are too, why should pvp rewards be restricted to one character? think Invincible (when it was current content) vs random glad drake, I have the s8 tabard on my main and would love to use it on my alts, but thanks to blizzard's stupid double standards I probaly will never be able to do so
    8) almost no instant heals, heals should be channeled or casted like dps casters should cast or channel too#
    9) games should be decided trough meaningful choices and smart gameplay rather than BUUUUURSTING or TUNNEEEEELLING, the game's pace should be alot slower
    10) unique distinctive classes ( point 1) ) rogues stun, mages sheep, warlocks fear, druids are immune to sheep because treeform etc, things like that made the game interesting and funny, nowadays it's like warriors stun better than rogues paladins slow better than mages etc, it's all messed up and wrong
    Would second all your points, good suggestions. World of (instant)CC- and HealCraft took away a lot of PVP fun for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to take a guess, the OP either has never played WoW, or has never PvP'd. None of those ideas make a lick of sense.

Realistically, I'd say get rid of all CC as well as interrupts. THAT would make things interesting as hell.

Otherwise, the biggest change I'd like to see is the complete and total separation of PvE and PvP abilities. I am so effing tired of PvE nerfs because some numbskull abused an ability in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'd go a little further back to S7 personally where ridiculous stat values and legendaries weren't throwing everything out of whack. Except Val'anyr. Eff Val'anyr.

I personally would reform PvP to a CRAZY extent.

REMOVE HEALERS COMPLETELY FROM PVP.

REMOVE TANKS COMPLETELY FROM PVP.

NOW take classes back to about where they were in WotLK where every class had some awesome unique niches. Modify the classes/specs that relied heavily on healers to synergize better with other DPS.

Remove resilience completely. Balance player damage around other players instead of bosses and mobs in PvE; tune PvE accordingly.

Healers alone have been the reason for why burst, dispel, cc, self-healing, defensives, mobility etc. etc. etc. etc. have become the way they are now.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-11-29 at 07:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    These are all the theorized changes that come to mind off the top of my head, probably a lot more if i thought about it more.

Warrior:
    Remove the slow from Blood Bath
    Increase the CD on Bladestorm back to 2 Minutes and reduce it's damage to 125% weapon damage
    Change Second Wind. It now grants 15 rage whenever the warrior is effected by any cc, heals the warrior for 3% of their hp every second while rage capped.
    Perhaps increase single target damage without CD's??? (unsure)

Rogue:
    Shadow Dance CD reduced to 45 Seconds
    Ambush Damage reduced to 425% weapon damage
    Shadow Step CD reduced to 15 Seconds OR Shadow Step now has 2 charges and regenerates a charge every 20 seconds
    Evasion dodge chance reduced to 50% with a 10 sec duration
    Remove glyph of Cheap Shot
    Remove glyph of Garrote
    Make glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins baseline
    Eviscerate damage reduced by 15%

Hunter:
    Remove talent crouching tiger hidden chimera and replace it with something else, anything but deterrence CD reduction.
    Blink strikes now has an ICD of 20 seconds (once the pet teleports to it's target it can't be used again for 20 seconds)
    Pet's can be effected by all AoE CC including slows stuns blinds etc (Not allowing them to be completely un-peelable by anything but single target hard CC)
    Hunters version of Hand of Freedom now only effects the pet and all the hunter specs get it, it has a 20 Second CD (See how that pans out?)

Mage:
    The debuff they get from using ice block is increased to a 1 minute duration so they can't block again for another 1 minute after the first.
    mages get no critical strike increase or damage increase off of frozen targets (No more getting killed in deeps), instead their procs such as fingers of frost will increase their damage and buff that spells crit chance
    (Not sure how this would play out for the other specs besides frost)
    Buff damage of abilities to compensate for nerfs to frozen targets
    Deep Freeze no longer requires the target to be frozen to be used on said target
    Deep Freeze's CD is reduced to 30 seconds and now has a 4 second duration with no GCD and still shares the same stun DR
    Remove glyph that removes the GCD of deep freeze if it's still even in the game.

Warlocks:
    Fear duration reduced to 6 seconds
    Howl of terror duration reduced to 5 seconds and now only effects 3 targets within 10 yards of the warlock

Paladin:
    Reduced duration of FoJ to 5 seconds
    Evil is a point of view is now an instant fear that lasts 5 seconds on players
    Remove cast time from Blinding light for holy pallys but increase it's CD to 2 or 2.5 Mins.

Death Knight:
    Conversion Healing reduced to 2.5% HP every second

Keep PvP resil as it is
    Maybe Increase Battle fatigue to 80% (Not quite sure what it currently is?) reduced healing and make it ONLY effect hybrids and healers.
    Things like rogue's recuperate,Deathknight Conversion , warrior's second wind (New above mentioned version) do the same healing as normal

Burst is way too high this expansion and so is healing, some classes can do ridiculous damage with abilities active. As well as some classes are completely unkillable with certain healing CD's active,
    (I'm looking at you Incarnation tree and Resto shamans ascendance) basically healer CD's should be used to help keep people alive but not make the healer or the people they're healing completely invincinble.
    Perhaps remove the GCD of these Healing CD's.
    Reduce the effect of some offensive/Healing CD's by 50% and MAYBE reduce their cd by 50% in PvP alone?
    Just some that i could think of
    Avenging Wrath, Guardian of Ancient Kings, Bestial Wrath, Recklessness, Avatar, Ascendance(Enhance only maybe?), Dark Soul, Stampede, Incarnation(Feral, Boomkin)

I'm not going to list off exact adjustments to abilities; I think the general philosophy is more important here. With that being the case, please note that these are ideas that I like on their own--if something here nerfs a weak class/spec the assumption is that they should be made viable through other means while eliminating the undesirable mechanic.

I personally find the number of offensive cooldowns ingame right now is singlehandedly the worst aspect of the game, so I'd eliminate a great deal of the unnecessary ones. A cooldown here or there is ok, but the problem with the mongoloid cooldown stacking we have right now is that the game has to revolve around it. If it's only possible to land a kill in a twelve second window every three minutes, the game is boring when those abilities are on cooldowns because there is just no potential for anything to happen. I feel like this effect isn't as glaring this season since healer throughput has been so crippled, but to me it's still a problem that should be fixed. There also seems to be an abundance of defensive cooldowns, so to keep in line some of those would have to go too.

Next, I want the cooldown on dispels to go away. If playing a healer doesn't feel crappy enough with current throughput levels, it's made worse by never being able to dispel something promptly. Abilities like deathcoil and blanket silences might as well be undispellable right now since most dispels on them would just met by someone sitting a full sheep or fear. I can understand the thought process behind the change and don't entirely disagree with the premise, but I just don't like how it actually plays out. As a footnote, I think a full dispel system revert (i.e. shaman and druids can't dispel magic) would be neat too, but the game is probably just too different now for that to work.

Next up is cc. Obviously some changes need to happen but it's actually hard to say for sure what should go and what's acceptable. Looking over my own class, I think disorienting roar is a prime example of a garbage unskilled ability that exists only to drop any skill required to escape harm or juke interrupts/grounding/reflects. I consider hoy priests' chastise to be equally garbage and there's not a doubt in my mind that both of these should be removed outright. But then consider warlocks--shadowfury and deathcoil aren't all that different from chastise or disorient. Do they get to stay because they've existed for years? I think dragon's breath is one of the worst abilities in the game, but removing it would only affect a weaker spec that already goes unplayed. Scatter shot is certainly a trash ability, but it's the go-to trap setup. Pom exists only for instant polymorphs, but does its fairly long cooldown make it acceptable? There's a monumental level of thought required here and I really don't have a line drawn at this point.

I feel like it would be nice to dial back some of the arms races on mobility. I may be a little biased here as a druid, but mobility was basically the core mechanic of that class and now druid mobility feels middle-of-the-pack. Burst of speed is ridiculous, the entire monk class is crazy and both the effect and uptime of a priest's angelic feathers are obscene. It wouldn't bother me for any single class to have gap closer/creation abilities, but they really need to be a resource and not just a passive sprint for the sake of moving fast. I'd also like to point out that with the ability to freely dispel, a lot of these abilities would simply not be needed.

With those issues in check, I think it's really just a matter of tuning the numbers well. More consistent throughput (i.e. few cooldowns) should make this easier to do than it currently is, although some things about current pacing just baffle me completely (why do fears never break?). I'm not sure I agree with Blizzard's goal of high healthpools, low damage and healing. My big problem with this is it basically means healer throughput has to be tuned relative to damage throughput, and the more things that have to be matched the harder it is to do. I think I'd go for something like the wrath model, where damage was fairly high at all times. Healers had no issues keeping up with the damage; it was more that if they took too long with a heal (i.e. get interrupted/cc'd) their target could just drop immediately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Merge all none break on damage CCs (stuns / fears / etc) into one crowd control category.
    Merge all break on damage CCs (stuns / fears / etc) into one crowd control category.
    Merge all slow / root CCs into one crowd control category.

Change Intimidating Shout to have it's stun component break on damage again.
    Add a cool down to Mesmerize.
    Disable all pet auto casts from spells in PvP.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

remove 90% of the instant cast CC in this game and reduce all damage and healing by 50%

have fun kids.
    Last edited by Fus Ro Yay; 2013-11-29 at 12:22 PM.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Merge all none break on damage CCs (stuns / fears / etc) into one crowd control category.
    Merge all break on damage CCs (stuns / fears / etc) into one crowd control category.
    Merge all slow / root CCs into one crowd control category.

Change Intimidating Shout to have it's stun component break on damage again.
    Add a cool down to Mesmerize.
    Disable all pet auto casts from spells in PvP.
    Just want to point out that intimidating shout never has, never will, and most importantly, never SHOULD have a stun component. The current iteration is blatantly broken and most likely a bug that's been ignored all expansion and is an issue with ALL fears.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deathknight:

Blood presence stamina increased by 15% down from 25%, base armor increased by 35% down from 55% damage taken reduced by 5% down from 10%
    Icebound fortitude now puts your Desecrated ground talent on a 20 second cooldown
    asphyxiate now has a 40 second cooldown
    Necrotic strike weapon damage reduced to 105% down from 130%
    Anti-magic shell now has a 1 minute cooldown down from 45 seconds
    Death grip can now be used from 2-40 yard range 2 charges with pvp set bonus within 4 seconds window
    You want to buff warrior and paladin survivability, but nerf DK survivability?

Buff some of the strongest defensive dps-classes and nerf the worst defensive class (DK)?
    Blood presence already hurts dps a lot especially for DW frost, Necrotic Strike isn't used for damage anyway, it could deal 10% weapon damage and still be good.
    If you want to nerf DK's survivability then make it hurt unholy's dps more in blood presence, and make it especially for DW (but also 2h) frost less penalizing to be in blood presence. DW frost does like no damage in blood presence, 2h also does low, while unholy's damage is quite good in blood presence.
    Asphyxiate, and many other CC's that were added in MOP should be removed from the game. Some classes shouldn't have stuns,some should't have slows etc...
    Last edited by Wrien; 2013-11-29 at 08:42 PM.

Increase health pools to heroic pve levels and reduce damage and mana efficiency across the board.

Also bring back mana drains.

I'd probably make all CCs share diminishing returns, or something that will help eliminate the constant CC chains.