Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation To Hunters who do LFR

Since we are a DPS class, what do you do to pass the time while you wait for the LFR queue, which could be anywhere up to or even over an hour? I ask because my Hunter is way ahead of my Paladin (Hunter is primed for WoD, pretty much), and although I like the near-instant queues for the Pally, I like how far I have progressed with the Hunter.

Hunter is iLvl 541
    Paladin is iLvl 512

I gather and re-plant my farm, camp rare spawns (especially Krol the Blade for the 300% experience buff potion for my alts), and muck about on the Timeless Isle-- I've hit Exalted with Shao Hao already, and buying the Harmonious Porcupettes whenever I get 6k coins is anywhere between 500g-3000g depending on the AH swing that day.

I alt-tab and do other shit while I listen for the que to pop.

Go farm crocolisk for leather and meat. It's easy and mindless, i can talk on skype or on my phone while I do it and end up with tons of AH money after
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

I thought this was gonna be one of those PSAs, telling people to turn off Growl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post
    I thought this was gonna be one of those PSAs, telling people to turn off Growl.
    Since you mention it... Hunters in LFR and Dungeons, please turn growl off your pet.
    Is this where the header goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliebean View Post
    I alt-tab and do other shit while I listen for the que to pop.
    Yeah, if I don't feel like doing anything in-game while I wait, I tab out and watch a show or something on Twitch.

I try to pet battle to pass the time but its starting to grow very boring. I also solo old instances to pass the time.

That's exactly what I thought too. I'll admit, I sometimes forget, but usually my pet dies to trash pretty quick and I remember before the boss.

I usually do timeless isle stuff, the daily dungeon or scenario, or just web browse or watch tv.

In my defense, that only happens when my queue's popped just after I've been doing some soloing. :P

I'd suggest hunters that do LFR get a sporebat. Please. Just have one. Get it while you wait for the queue, that'll pass some time The amount of times I queue on my mage to blow shit up for friends alts and end up with no haste buff is fucking baffling. I think a combined 6 people play ele/boomkin/spriest on US servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    I'd suggest hunters that do LFR get a sporebat. Please. Just have one. Get it while you wait for the queue, that'll pass some time The amount of times I queue on my mage to blow shit up for friends alts and end up with no haste buff is fucking baffling. I think a combined 6 people play ele/boomkin/spriest on US servers.
    It is the best pet, for the DPS, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    I call my sporebat Squish. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    I call my sporebat Squish. :3
    That's a fantastic sporebat name.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Neisya/simple

Thanks for the replies.

That link above is the profile of my Hunter. Surely not worth giving up on, just because of the queue time thing, right? I mean, look at her. She puts out excellent DPS!

Also, remember that you can queue for multiple wings now (if you have an afternoon or something free.) There does seem to be a small cooldown after you queue for two, so quue up two, wait about 30 seconds, then queue the next two. You still have the full wait for the first wing, but after that you'll get put into the first available group, meaning you have a near-instant queue for subsequent instances. If you get put into one that's in mid-run, just requeue for that wing after you leave group.

I don't run LFR on my hunter any more, but I am gearing up a lock (cause locks OP, right?) So I grind warbringers (no one on my server so they're always up) and higher level pandaria rares for the bag of trade mats, I do dailies because I'm a glutton for punishment (and gold), I grind Timeless Isle stuff because I'm always perpetually short on lesser charms for some reason, and I grind Dino bones for the dino stuff which I never did when everyone and their mother was on Isle of Giants.

Basically, it's a lot of grinding of stuff I never do when it's current because it's too crowded.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ability to queue for multiple wings is definitely a plus.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    With a good item level like yours and decent amount of skill, I would be queueing for Flex raids on Oqueue. Depending on the time of week/day they can get going faster than LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't actually play my hunter a lot but when I DPS I do one of the following

1) Multiple Queues - Queue up for a scenario, a dungeon, a raid and/or a BG (when I'm in the mood for PVP). The scenario and/or bg will pop first and by the time you are finished one of those the raid or dungeon will be ready.
    2) Dailies/Rep Grind - I often do dailies, work on my farm or grind away the timeless isle
    3) Read a book - Sometimes I'll queue up, turn up the sound so I'll hear the queue pop and then sit down with my book.