Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Destro Warlock 5.4 Check-Up

Hey everyone, I'm just posting to see what other destro warlocks are doing in 5.4

Stat priority still Mastery >Crit> Haste?

I occasionally check Icy veins but I dont they are slow to update in most cases.

Deleted
    Haste to 29-30% then mastery all the way

I'm going Mastery > Crit > Haste (Unbuffed at 17.2k Mastery, 10k Crit and 3.3k Haste) at 558 iLvl and i'm doing absolutely fine. Topping each fight unless i horrifically mess something up or just don't get any sort of procs together for my CD's when others do.
    Might be a shocking insight on the other DPS in my guild, but they're not all massively bad players. I even helped another guild clear this week, still topped.

As the poster above me said, 30% Haste is a hefty amount of Haste and will gimp your Mastery heavily so i really don't recommend doing that. Haste and Crit are really close together, with Haste being better for AoE heavy fights (Spoils for example). If you'd prefer to go that route, still go full Mastery. Just gear/reforge as Mastery > Haste > Crit instead.

As has been beaten to death on these forums max mastery and then haste and crit basically are equal. The difference even on sims between the two is within the noise of RNG at nearly any logical blend (run haste vs crit reforge plots if you are bored). Depends more on what you offspec and what your gear will tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggers1990 View Post
    As the poster above me said, 30% Haste is a hefty amount of Haste and will gimp your Mastery heavily so i really don't recommend doing that. Haste and Crit are really close together, with Haste being better for AoE heavy fights (Spoils for example). If you'd prefer to go that route, still go full Mastery. Just gear/reforge as Mastery > Haste > Crit instead.
    Yeah, I've been thinking about trying that to see how much of a differnce it makes. Also, thanks for everyone responding. I'm always interested to see what other warlocks are doing!

The other more real world perk of mastery maxed is ember tap. I can't tell you how many times its saved me from dying on h.garrosh/h.paragons or when you get wretched luck on h.siegecrafter on a double laser or some nonsense. (really any of the later fights TBH) Particularly on progression when things go sideways frequently. Yeah its a dps loss but it can certainly save your butt in ways other specs can't. Mastery = bigger heals thus more survival.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    The other more real world perk of mastery maxed is ember tap. I can't tell you how many times its saved me from dying on h.garrosh/h.paragons or when you get wretched luck on h.siegecrafter on a double laser or some nonsense. (really any of the later fights TBH) Particularly on progression when things go sideways frequently. Yeah its a dps loss but it can certainly save your butt in ways other specs can't. Mastery = bigger heals thus more survival.
    Yeah on Paragons I had a habit of being out of range of all 5 healers during two of the fiery edges, ember tapped through it every time

Regarding haste, it also brings a real world perk over crit in allowing you to squeeze of casts that you would otherwise not have managed due to movement. Those extra few split seconds can matter sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Yeah on Paragons I had a habit of being out of range of all 5 healers during two of the fiery edges, ember tapped through it every time

Regarding haste, it also brings a real world perk over crit in allowing you to squeeze of casts that you would otherwise not have managed due to movement. Those extra few split seconds can matter sometimes.
    I think the obvious counterargument is that you crit more with more crit so it compensates for any clipped casts ...

That said haste and crit fall within a pretty acceptable delta of each other with regards to value. As long as you don't go waaaay overboard stacking one and ignoring the other it won't make which difference which one you prioritize second (after mastery).

Mastery> Haste to 7799 > Crit > Haste
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Mastery > crit > haste

Don't like Haste for Destro locks because sometimes I find myself at GCD.

But the dps difference is near 0, so, play whatever u want.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Mastery> Haste to 7799 > Crit > Haste
    Would this be true if also playing demo OS (I simply don't like affliction and this is an alt not my main so not playing a spec I hate) or should I be looking at the 10124 break?

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Would this be true if also playing demo OS (I simply don't like affliction and this is an alt not my main so not playing a spec I hate) or should I be looking at the 10124 break?
    If you're running demo offspec, I would go for 8064 or 9211 haste point. Destro breakpoints are almost completely pointless and not worth thinking about, unless you're like literally 50 points away from it.

ive got a question one of my guildies says i should have 6.1k haste as destro, another 1 both lock mains saus that that is too much.

which is right? and is 6.1k haste a special bracpoint i should get?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    ive got a question one of my guildies says i should have 6.1k haste as destro, another 1 both lock mains saus that that is too much.

which is right? and is 6.1k haste a special bracpoint i should get?
    As long as you focus on mastery as your main stat, don't worry too much about the other 2 stats, personally, take more haste as it transitions well into affliction as an off spec. Also don't worry about breakpoints for destro, they are not worth worrying about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcherry View Post
    As long as you focus on mastery as your main stat, don't worry too much about the other 2 stats, personally, take more haste as it transitions well into affliction as an off spec. Also don't worry about breakpoints for destro, they are not worth worrying about.
    hrm that clears that up im glad i have about 95% mastery, even tho its an alt i like to keep my toons geared

Deleted
    You can get the percise stat weights by using Simcraft on your character - it's not hard, takes a few minutes.. And you get a more exact value to YOUR character then someone spouting "universal" numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    You can get the percise stat weights by using Simcraft on your character - it's not hard, takes a few minutes.. And you get a more exact value to YOUR character then someone spouting "universal" numbers.
    i know that, was just wondering if it was a haste platue or somthign like that

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    I think the obvious counterargument is that you crit more with more crit so it compensates for any clipped casts ...
    And also with that more crit = more static CB damage.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    About destruction with sac talent. I read that you shouldn't cast back to back cb if you are close to boss. What is the dot timer for cb when you can safely reapply it with new cb?

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    About destruction with sac talent. I read that you shouldn't cast back to back cb if you are close to boss. What is the dot timer for cb when you can safely reapply it with new cb?
    Usually if you cast an incinerate between sac cb's it gives you enough breathing room.