Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    You're an idiot.

Infracted
    i second this.
    achievements give nothing. why do u feel forced to do them.

the free 496 is fine. it lets the bads get into raid finder where they belong.

its great for wpvp

2 world bosses(5 really, but you know what i mean), 4 mounts, tons of rares to kill, world pvp with incentives, a special part just for people with legendaries, hidden treasure chests for days, tons of easily obtainable lower tier gear for alts or for making a pve set from scratch... and the best part is that it's not a grind in any way. you can make it a grind if you choose but that can be true for any part of any game, nothing on the island is required for serious pvp or pve, it's all just there for fun. if you really don't like the timeless isle i think it's time for you to move to a new game.

i think the realmoney-auctionhouse was blizzards worst decision ever :P

opinions man, everybody got one!

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    OP, you are absolutely right about every point. The only good thing is the faster alts gearing.

- - - Updated - - -

There is not much to explore there and not much to grind. You just have to grind the same shit over and over again. No thanks.
    explain to me why you HAVE to do it. i can assure you nothing from the isle is required for arena or raiding.

I don't mind it really. I don't Love it, But don't Hate it either.
    But I can agree on the problem of how fast the Rares die. Its alright when your the only one killing it, but with quite a few Players killing them, some are down in less than 10 seconds. Giving no time at all to get anywhere near that Rare, which can be very frustrating.

Is timeless isle perfect? NO
    BUT

Timeless isle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dailies

They could add more things to buy with coins, they could add all reputations in that way..for example you buy tokens with coins to increase specific rep , e.t.c. And I am sure they will evolve timeless isle system in WoD. But at least is a step to the right direction, which is away from the boring dailies
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Damn those rares being rare, and the easy to get gear having crappy stats!

Oh noes I ran around and aggroed some tigers. What on earth do you want? A straight corridor, in which is a single line of mobs that you can attack 1 at a time. Which all drop a suitable piece of gear, higher item level than heroic raiders. And at the end you get an achievement?

I think this concept is amazing, and I loved Timeless Isle very much, until I learned about rare items drop rate. With this I can't disagree, it's so awful that it takes ALL the fun out of them. But like that wasn't enough, the most interesting ones (weather stones, for example) have charges on top of everything. These stones had been a great idea, but were absolutely ruined in-game.
    Besides this, I absolutely adore Timeless Isle. Even the music there is surprisingly great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Well thought out post. But the isle is one of the biggest Plus's to the patch. A lot of people really enjoyed it when it first came out. If you're mad because you're getting killed by groups - that's part of the game. Nobody is unstoppable. I've been in the grief groups, and gotten camped a few times. It's the name of the game, don't do it if you don't want.

Good Luck,

- Dac, someone who actually plays the game and earns His rewards instead of being handed items like 90% of the playerbase wants. (World of Lootcraft)

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Is timeless isle perfect? NO
    BUT

Timeless isle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dailies

They could add more things to buy with coins, they could add all reputations in that way..for example you buy tokens with coins to increase specific rep , e.t.c. And I am sure they will evolve timeless isle system in WoD. But at least is a step to the right direction, which is away from the boring dailies
    imho dungeons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5.1/5.2 dailies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Timeless Island>>>>5.0 dailies=5.3 barrens=scenarios

i will take the 3 icc heroics and even the 3 ds one over the timeless Island anytime
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

i like timeless isle better than dailies too. it just needs a few improvements before they make another one.

I thought that Thunder Isle was muuuuuuch better than Timeless, too many annoying fucking mobs and achievements.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Sorry, but Timeless Isle isn't even close to the worst.

THIS was praised as worst or second worst game. Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    imho dungeons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5.1/5.2 dailies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Timeless Island>>>>5.0 dailies=5.3 barrens=scenarios

i will take the 3 icc heroics and even the 3 ds one over the timeless Island anytime
    Seconded.
    /10char

I see no reason why they can't merge a daily system with the Timeless Isle system.

And if your problem with TI is the free gear, the whine about all of the catchup mechanics, not Timeless Isle.

I love Timeless island. And I don't understand what's wrong with easy access to 496 gear. 496 gear makes it possible for your alts to skip the boring dungeon grind before you can step into LFR.

Deleted
    dont like it ? Fine.
    Dont go there, its not mandatory, there are plenty of other ways to gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i don't like the timeless isle at all either. i prefer dailies so much more. i stopped going to the isle altogether very early on because its just not for me.
    Yeah, I preffer dailies aswell. They give you an obvious goal you have to achieve, TI just has you running around looking for rares or for people to kill while using censor. I don't really dislike TI but IoT was more fun imo.

sunwell island is prolly where they had it right - easy quests, small zones, tons of pvp + new raid instance so guaranteed pvp at peak times. only thing i dont understand about the TI is why burdens cost 50k since the idea is to upgrade ALL your items, so you could be looking at 12*50,000 coins to upgrade items to a less shitty level.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    "Huolon 100%... Houlon dead"
    This is the main thing I find super aggravating. On the Isle of Thunder, most rares seemed to be able to live long enough that if somebody called it out over /1, you'd have a decent chance of getting there before it died

But on timeless isle, half the rares instantly die if 1 or 2 players even look at them, and even the "major" rares like Huo Lon or the beer event boss seem to die super quickly. Nothing worse than seeing a rare called at 100% going straight there....an finding it only just died >.<

I also find it kind of silly that by the time a character is geared enough to really be able to farm the mobs easily for coins or charms, ur have enough gear that you generally don't NEED or want to farm them.

I guess they're trying that "Its all for your main!" business, but most of the people I play with like to have multiple alts, AND like to be able to gear them.

Ultimately, I'd have preferred a daily hub, timeless isle to me feels like filler "content", kind of like food that I eat it, but I still feel hungry afterwards despite having had a feast. IMHO, its not the right direction for Blizz to take.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hi!
    But one of the biggest problems this game has had since around WotLK is that it caters to the lazy and the bad instead of the dedicated and the good. People will never get better if they don't face any challenge. They will never get better if they are not forced to learn. They will never enjoy the game before they are getting better.
    They tried to make the game harder in Cata with the hard heroics and look what mess it caused. Even Blizzard publicly admitted it was a mistake and to approximately quote GC, "the people didn't live up to the challenge". So your opinion (not fact) was already proven wrong. Open the door, go out and you'll see it's the same thing in the real world, only few people actually want a challenge to make them better.

To make it clear, i was one of those who enjoyed the hard heroics and i also don't particularly enjoy Timeless Island, but i cannot agree with your suggestions.
    Last edited by Marahdeka; 2013-12-01 at 11:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.