Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    Post ya armory link.. if you're 502 pvp gear then yeah, I could see someone doing 30k dps on a target dummy.. hell I'd be willing to bet you sim around 50k tops 70k
    Except for trinket PVP gear has same INT = 2 Offstats of the same size so no dps loss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feydwin View Post
    My druid is at 540 ilvl, does 120k at simulationcraft, with the absolute min / maxed gems / enchants.

Boomkins is very gear dependant. one example is the immerseus trinket increases my dps with 40k etc etc. so you people saying he's doing something horribly wrong.. He probably is. but he wont break the 100k.
    540 boomkin doing 120k means you're doing something terribly wrong too.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are making me want to roll a Boomkin. I have always played a Shaman, a Paladin and a Death Knight and I have been looking for a "harder" DPS class to play.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    You guys are making me want to roll a Boomkin. I have always played a Shaman, a Paladin and a Death Knight and I have been looking for a "harder" DPS class to play.
    Boomkin is an incredibly fun spec. It is INCREDIBLY easy on the surface (Hit the button that lights up), but when you get to things like timing Treants with trinket procs, when to cancel and when not to cancel your nukes for a starsurge, how to handle movement, CD management on a fight per fight basis, so on and so forth, being a good boomkin comes down to a LOT of micromanaging. I love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    this.. is just.. so much win.. *tear*
    Thank you :]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    Have a go at it. There are several people that would say that boomkin is currently a more dynamic and interesting dps spec out there. After playing one, you generally find yourself being more aware of what you are actually doing when playing other classes, since the spec pretty much demands you are in order to perform well. You have to be adaptable and judge on the fly what you should do in certain situations.

The basic description of how to play it is quite short and simple at it's surface, but let's just say that a boomkin is a small puddle with the depth of an ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastig View Post
    Except for trinket PVP gear has same INT = 2 Offstats of the same size so no dps loss
    except extreme large amounts of mastery, so less crit/haste and definitely a huge lack of hit. Nice try ^.^.

Quote Originally Posted by Feydwin View Post
    My druid is at 540 ilvl, does 120k at simulationcraft, with the absolute min / maxed gems / enchants.

Boomkins is very gear dependant. one example is the immerseus trinket increases my dps with 40k etc etc. so you people saying he's doing something horribly wrong.. He probably is. but he wont break the 100k.
    There's no way 540 ilevel only does 120k dps... maybe 200k, but not 120k. Maybe 120k on training dummies?

Pretty sure immerseus trinket is 40k dps for a lot of players, depending what they upgrade from.

Boomkins are gear dependant, but if you're in LFR gear, you're past that point as you already get a healthy amount of starsurge procs. Everyone is gear dependant in this game, it's just that boomkins are piss poor without minimal levels of crits and haste as they get no procs, but 540, you get plenty of them, I was topping meters a lot at that ilevel.

Boomkins were only bad between 463 ilevel to 490-496~ ilevel.

Alright. Im going to do more science guys. Ill be back in a second with another science screenshot.

EDIT:

Alright. so for science purposes, I did something sciency. I unequipped Immerseus trinket AND Legendary cloak completely. I also downgraded my weapon from a 561 to a 509. This brought me to 8k Haste (No Breakpoint ;-; ) and 483 ilvl.

http://imgur.com/uVIwzKx

I still managed to sustain 130k+ even while typing in /yell at people who are very rude. I purposely stopped before my second set of CDs so that the screenshot wasnt during my second burst.

Everyone is posting in a massive troll thread right now.
    Last edited by moveth; 2013-12-01 at 05:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect you might be right moveth, I hated boom, but even in my healer gear I was doing above 70k at start of mop (which is bad I know) without any thought.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    At ilvl 502 i struggle to break 30k
    At the risk of sounding like an asshole, you're definitely doing something very, very wrong. I've just started playing my druid again, he's only level 89, with an item level just barely past 400, and I easily do 25k on the level 90 raid boss target dummy. And that's with no buffs and being severely under hit cap. You should seriously do some more studying. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to believe that that's all you could pull playing perfectly with a 502 item level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Alright. Im going to do more science guys. Ill be back in a second with another science screenshot.

EDIT:

Alright. so for science purposes, I did something sciency. I unequipped Immerseus trinket AND Legendary cloak completely. I also downgraded my weapon from a 561 to a 509. This brought me to 8k Haste (No Breakpoint ;-; ) and 483 ilvl.

I still managed to sustain 130k+ even while typing in /yell at people who are very rude. I purposely stopped before my second set of CDs so that the screenshot wasnt during my second burst.

My recount must be screwy then because i cant believe it either. Yes im not gemmed and enchanted but still, 30k is just terrible.

Either way, i have decided not to go with moonkin for now. Maybe next expansion or something.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post

EDIT:

Due to how item level scales, your stats were higher than someone's whose entire gear was 483. I decided to take your test a bit further and see what would it take to get my dps to ~30k during 3 minutes of dummy dps. Here is the result: http://i.imgur.com/OmzNjiy.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Due to how item level scales, your stats were higher than someone's whose entire gear was 483. I decided to take your test a bit further and see what would it take to get my dps to ~30k during 3 minutes of dummy dps. Here is the result: http://i.imgur.com/OmzNjiy.jpg
    Thank you, now this proves that everyone in LFR is pretty much sleeping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    Its hard, really hard ( so ive heard)
    Wrathwrathwrath - oh a procc - wrath , ohh eclipse - dot , starfall , starfire starfire starfire - ohh a procc - starfire , ohh eclipse -> repeat till you fall asleep of complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I literally love you. Marry me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    Wrathwrathwrath - oh a procc - wrath , ohh eclipse - dot , starfall , starfire starfire starfire - ohh a procc - starfire , ohh eclipse -> repeat till you fall asleep of complexity.
    I see you've clearly played boomkin at a high competitive level.

Deleted
    Hmhmm, that'll definitely get you up there in the rankings with such famous individuals as the 30k dps OP.

Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    lol the lazy way a 2 button macro, that can still net you 100k dps

#showtooltip starfire
    /castsequence reset=12 starfall,sunfire,moonfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,s tarfire,starfire
    /use starsurge
    /startattack

#showtooltip wrath
    /castsequence reset=12 moonfire,sunfire,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath
    /use starsurge
    outdps'd guild spriest using these on a target dummy. lol 251k over 3min (inc/hotw). Ofc starfall inflated it some getting all stars off.. but stillllll

edit: 216k 1 dummy
    Last edited by boomkinhero; 2013-12-01 at 06:46 PM.

Dot, Dot, Dot, Mindflay, Dot, Dot, mindflay, dot, dot, mindflay - oh adds, mindsear, mindsear, mindsear, mindsear --> repeat till you got appropriate replacement for rotation (cat, dog, perpetuum mobile...) <3
    Last edited by Curarin; 2013-12-03 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    At ilvl 502 i struggle to break 30k, even on multi dotting i can just reach 50k, and thats with playing perfectly. My warlock at like 450ilvl does 40k without even breaking a sweat. Shadowpriest even at 480 ilvl can do 40k easy.

I have followed the guides here, icyveins, official forums. Its all the same rotation. I have heard that they are gear dependant. But 502 ilvl isnt low at all and it just makes me not wanna bother going any further...
    I can do 25k or so on my healadin at 515 ilvl... you may want to think about posting logs/armory links so people can help you out. Perhaps you overlooked something.