Howdy all, just picking up my lock again, looking for a solid main (can't ever choose) and trying my lock. I've been playing destro, and was confused on some things. First, my simmed dps comes to around 125k, and the only single target - ish fight I've done is Iron Jugg LFR, and I finished at an even 100k, I don't have logs, obviously, but what are some common mistakes that hurt dps that I can maybe look into? Another thing I've read is that the best gearing strategy is mastery > haste > crit...but the sim brings up something different for me.

Is this because of my low gear level? Or because of other factors like not having meta gem or cloak and shit?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iskey/advanced

Thanks all.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted

quick tip

doing hc jug (10man) first time this night, any recomendation on talents /glyphs as destruction?

Moved your thread to the destruction sticky. :-)
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-12-01 at 07:30 PM.

For warlocks, fight is just like normal mode. KJC is preferable for destru. Save your defensive CDs for siege-phase, move from all the damaging stuff and don't try to cover mines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Howdy all, just picking up my lock again, looking for a solid main (can't ever choose) and trying my lock. I've been playing destro, and was confused on some things. First, my simmed dps comes to around 125k, and the only single target - ish fight I've done is Iron Jugg LFR, and I finished at an even 100k, I don't have logs, obviously, but what are some common mistakes that hurt dps that I can maybe look into? Another thing I've read is that the best gearing strategy is mastery > haste > crit...but the sim brings up something different for me.

Is this because of my low gear level? Or because of other factors like not having meta gem or cloak and shit?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iskey/advanced

Thanks all.
    There's the obvious and common mistakes of improper resource management, e.g. not having embers banked for trinket procs and missing them altogether, spending your shadowburns too early instead of waiting for procs/cds, capping on embers, etc.

Another really common error is the habitual recasting of immolate before it is even in pandemic range, let alone about to expire. When you get 4 pc it's worth it (imo) to always keep some form of buffed immolate up, but it's not worth it to immediately recast immolate every time you get a proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    There's the obvious and common mistakes of improper resource management, e.g. not having embers banked for trinket procs and missing them altogether, spending your shadowburns too early instead of waiting for procs/cds, capping on embers, etc.

Another really common error is the habitual recasting of immolate before it is even in pandemic range, let alone about to expire. When you get 4 pc it's worth it (imo) to always keep some form of buffed immolate up, but it's not worth it to immediately recast immolate every time you get a proc.
    Yeah, that's what I'm practicing and/or trying to focus on.

I have affdots, and wait until it's 110 or higher to recast, or when it's about to expire.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I have affdots, and wait until it's 110 or higher to recast, or when it's about to expire.
    110 is probably too soon. It usually means that your Jade Fire procced, or any other minor proc happened. You can easily get chain of those 110-powered Immos (JF procced -> profession-buff procced -> meta procced - or you're just seeing BBoY/Woosh proccing), meaning that you'll have to recast it three or four times in a row. So AffDots for destru is better used combined with WeakAuras/TMW/other proc-tracking addon to actually see when it's best to refresh your Immo (remember: you have to use your procs mainly for CB). And even if you see some numbers like "200" on AffDots, it's sometimes bad to refresh DoT. Consider this situation: you've used DS (+30 % of crit) w/o procs (it's a bad situation, but you've miss-clicked/hoped for a large proc to happen soon), and then your ember fills up (+ another 15 % of crit, if you have 4T16). You refresh your Immo, and then, some time later, your Big Proc happens (let it be BoI, since it has predictable proc), but you've three full embers, 8 seconds of DS and your 20-sec buff. You can cast CBs thrice (if you're lucky, or if you haven't dumped all of your haste into crit, you'll be able to do it) and watch for huge numbers, or you can reapply DoT once during this time (AffDot will be green and will show you 180 or smth like that) - losing DPS 'cause of CB w/o proc AND 'cause you've lost some crit-chance on your DoT, and your Immo brings you embers only during crit, and more embers mean more CBs.

Destru right now is more about critting Immo, not huge-ticks Immo. It's not even close to the top of your DPSing abilities in recount, so the meaning of AffDots for destru is overrated right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    doing hc jug (10man) first time this night, any recomendation on talents /glyphs as destruction?

Moved your thread to the destruction sticky. :-)
    KjC is a waste. Just find a wall to stick on for phase 2 and dps your heart out. Use your 2 charges of DS to time around your strongest trinket procs like you normally would.

Damage is high throughout the fight, so for progression I would probably consider glyphing UR to get passive damage reduction, as well as Soul Link+GoSac for more health so you don't get instagibbed in p1.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    KjC is a waste. Just find a wall to stick on for phase 2 and dps your heart out. Use your 2 charges of DS to time around your strongest trinket procs like you normally would.
    I disagree; this depends much on your raid-setup and your healers' capabilities. We have problems with healing through siege-phase, so we tend to stack together and move quite frequently during this phase. It may also be me, but I tend to get followed by lasers as soon as my BoI proc, meaning I have to kite and DPS at the same time. The same goes about normal-phase: I'm the common target for every second boss's ability, meaning I have to move every now and then, and DPSing with Fel Flame on these times is not very good - DPS-wise. Teleport may be good, but with my kind of "luck" it's usually on CD - and it also triggers GCD.
    Though I may be unlucky just 'cause I'm raiding in 10-man. But KJC is a decent protection from bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aminally View Post
    I disagree; this depends much on your raid-setup and your healers' capabilities. We have problems with healing through siege-phase, so we tend to stack together and move quite frequently during this phase. It may also be me, but I tend to get followed by lasers as soon as my BoI proc, meaning I have to kite and DPS at the same time. The same goes about normal-phase: I'm the common target for every second boss's ability, meaning I have to move every now and then, and DPSing with Fel Flame on these times is not very good - DPS-wise. Teleport may be good, but with my kind of "luck" it's usually on CD - and it also triggers GCD.
    Though I may be unlucky just 'cause I'm raiding in 10-man. But KJC is a decent protection from bad luck.
    Keep in mind that during that running phase you will only be able to spam incinerates which isn't really a big dps gain comparing to fel flame/RoF and besides, the main reason why AV is so good isn't just because of that extra dark soul. It is the fact that you can hold your DS and ALWAYS time it with strong trinket procs for insane CBs that makes it so strong, and therefore outweighing KjC. Especially now with people getting close to BiS and CB's ridiculous scaling.

Thanks all.
    Used scale factors instead of stat priority.
    Last edited by Noxate; 2013-12-02 at 07:35 PM.

Hey Everyone,

Posted this in the fix my dps thread and didn't seem to get much traction. I've seen people post logs here before, so I don't think I'm breaking the rules too much?

----
    Hi Everyone,

I have been perusing the Warlock forums for a long, long, time. I thought it was time I finally made my first post! I am always trying to better my playstyle. I wanted to share a Klaxxi log, to see if anyone can gleam into something I am missing or could be doing better. I just can't seem to rank on this fight! Any yes, I am padding with Havoc every chance I get lol.

***worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-inaovpjln523og1m/sum/damageDone/?s=3298&e=3748******

***us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Vondur/advanced***

Thank you!

had to take out www because it won't let me post links so early in my MMO posting career

Use Havoc for Shadowburn, not Chaos Bolt, when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Setus View Post
    Use Havoc for Shadowburn, not Chaos Bolt, when you can.
    Didn't he just say the log was for Klaxxi? Why would you havoc shadowburns there. Havoc immolate, conflag and incinerate for ember regen, havocing ember consumers is just pure padding.

/edit: typo
    /edit2: Oh, he actually wanted to be padding. My bad.
    Last edited by Crisius; 2013-12-02 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    Didn't he just say the log was for Klaxxi? Why would you havoc shadowburns there. Havoc immolate, conflag and incinerate for ember regen, havocing ember consumers is just pure padding.

/edit: typo
    Well he did say he was padding so I assume he's not interested in single target increases? If so then definitely go for shadowburns where possible. If not and you only want to maximize your single target, do exactly what derp suggested, and, when possible, run immolate/RoF on two/three targets for ember gen.
    Last edited by FurtyIRL; 2013-12-02 at 09:35 PM.

574 juggernaut vs 567 revelations?does the mastery on revelations make it better then juggernaut?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    574 juggernaut vs 567 revelations?does the mastery on revelations make it better then juggernaut?
    If you're hovering just over/around hit cap then likely juggernaut since you can throw in a straight mastery gem, but if you can reforge out of hit I imagine that revelations is very slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenicsis View Post
    Any yes, I am padding with Havoc every chance I get lol.
    Your mage is passively padding this battle, too - his Arcane Barrage damages all three bosses simultaneously, to say nothing about Nether Tempest.
    If you want to pad even more, try to havoc-burn under the effect of pot.
    If you want to make effective padding, havoc-burn blood into bosses. Blood-killing also regens your embers, allowing you to DPS/pad even more. Skeer is our fourth boss, so we get plenty of blood to havoc into targets.
    It also seems that you lack embers a bit. If you havoc CB into bosses on CD, you should do it more often.
    Your amount of backdraft seems very low. You're not using Conflag on CD, right? The same goes about Havoc - you could've used it more often (I say 15+ times during 7 minutes), winning you some more DPS.
    And if you want to pad even more, consider reforging back to crit. It increases base damage of CB and increases ember-generation from Immos and Incins.
    Could've posted my logs (w/o padding), but they are in russian, and we've got two warlocks for 10-man, meaning that we occasionally steal each other's targets.

Your Garrosh-log seems more interesting to me. Why don't you havoc literally everything into Garrosh? You're not doing engi-duty, so you can safely havoc-SB adds into him (at least shammy - he usually survives ball-o-doom). You can also havoc every time Garrosh places desecrated weapon (you can talk to your raid and ask them not to kill weapon so that you can havoc-SB onto Garrosh, and other DPSes won't have to switch).

Quote Originally Posted by Xenicsis View Post
    I have been perusing the Warlock forums for a long, long, time. I thought it was time I finally made my first post! I am always trying to better my playstyle. I wanted to share a Klaxxi log, to see if anyone can gleam into something I am missing or could be doing better. I just can't seem to rank on this fight! Any yes, I am padding with Havoc every chance I get lol.
    Try to start fight with 4 embers, so pull just after trash is dead. Get parasite spawned and aoe them instead of single targetting. Apart from that, don't pay much attention to normal logs. WoL can't distinguish them from flex. If you go with 10-15 people and log this fight in flex, it will mark it as 10N instead and boss will die much quicker (more hero uptime, bigger opening contribution, can do stupid things like letting parasites go wild).

Deleted
    Or if you want to rank just go Demo

Deleted
    hi guys, how do you play thok 25 hc? Do You play with a high haste build, AD or KjC?
    Greetings