Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hate dailies, they're retarded... If I want a second job I'll go get one where I can get some real money for.
    Seriously don't want to spend my time gaming with doing dailies, Timeless Isle is much much superior in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I supremely dislike the notion of having no set caps. Especially when the mobs you're killing are incredibly INefficient at awarding you rep.

I ALSO hate grinding mobs because you're in constant competition with other people for them. The maximum number of people you can scrabble together into a rep group now is five (if Timeless isle is any indication.) That first little plateau with the Yaungol one it was being farmed by about 20 people at once. You have no such problems with dailies.
    There are 2 other efficient locations, if you have 5 players the Sanctuary is the best place where not many players farm as it's too tedious solo, and if you don't all have cloaks there's mobs on the outer side including two rare mobs you can still access which are hardly touched.
    The next best is The Blazing Way where only some classes bother soloing there, so it's mostly groups.
    And Firewalker ruins is left to the solo or low geared/bad groups.

I find most players who actually care about the rep are completed by now, so the other 2 locations are free picking on my realm.

Only time TI makes me miss dailies is when the weekly chests don't give me enough lesser charms and I don't find a rare or two to kill. Otherwise all I ever visit it for are Celestials/Ordos for those mounts that don't exist.

I supremely dislike the notion of having no set caps. Especially when the mobs you're killing are incredibly INefficient at awarding you rep.

I ALSO hate grinding mobs because you're in constant competition with other people for them. The maximum number of people you can scrabble together into a rep group now is five (if Timeless isle is any indication.) That first little plateau with the Yaungol one it was being farmed by about 20 people at once. You have no such problems with dailies.
    If you don't like competing with people why are you playing an MMO? That's what the game is all about working with or against other people, this is the reason I play WoW and not Skyrim. As for the mobs being "inefficient" the grind is supposed to be a long one, this isn't the Golden Lotus; spoon fed and semi-required, it's an optional project (the only benefit is an achievement and a mount) that sounds like it isn't for you.

As far as the areas being overpopulated goes, I'm on a pretty big server and I haven't really had any problems. Most people won't touch the harder mobs so just farm them for your 20 kills per day and you end up with about 700 rep. Just do a few extra when you feel like it and it goes pretty quick. I finished off my grind with a couple of hour long sessions with the Harvest Festival buff and the WoW Anniversary one, they do add up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't be a pansy and go into the sanctum. Tons of mobs there, barely any competition because most folks are terrified of getting oneshot.
    I got honored up there in a matter of hours while having tons of giggles about epic screwups and mass pulls. (raidgeared guild group + flags)

That first little plateau with the Yaungol one it was being farmed by about 20 people at once. You have no such problems with dailies.
    May I remind you of this messy quest: Fatty Goat Steak
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-12-01 at 11:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have taken a break a long time ago if we had the same amount of dailies as earlier in MoP still. Timeless isle is rather boring, sure. But it beats doing dailies over and over again.

I wish the rare spawns spawned more often, and that there where more chests and random hidden things, resetting each week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I wish the rare spawns spawned more often, and that there where more chests and random hidden things, resetting each week.
    Yep, the "loot chests once" thing pretty much killed the flair of the Isle for me.
    I had hoped that they were randomized and rewarding, so you'd actually have to search anew.

But alas, Mob grinding is a more effective way of gathering coins anyway.

This whole entire topic should be archived for scientific purposes as one of many proofs, that people bitch just to bitch and nobody will ever be totally happy with anything ever. Another alternative is they release a content patch in between every major content patch to progress the story. Which they should do anyways, even if it's not oh my god so fresh. People will understand some zones looking somewhat similar due to them being in the same continent or same area, not every content patch has to be a work of art. Nothing they do is perfect anyways.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Because a certain item doesn't drop, you need the item to up your ilvl for raids otherwise everyone tells you to go f urself?

I agree with OP. I actually prefer dailies the this grinding monstrosity. I'd rather be done with dailies in 30 minutes and buy an item in a week, than grin the said item everyday for a week.
    My main outgeared all except for like 3 slots that could have been boosted with a Burden. This was a time when most of my raid team was on vacation and we stalled for 3 months on Horridon. If you are really in a guild that cares enough about your IL to this extreme then you should have been geared by the end of ToT.
    Is this where the header goes?

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The rep with the Emporer is just ghastly though. I'm doing it, but it's a complete drag where I really have to sit and motivate myself for doing it. Even then I only manage it on the day I can do my weekly quests. When I combine getting 200 valor for the epoch stones + 50 valor for the 20 elites + getting more rep for Emporer then I can usually get myself motivated, but even then it sometimes cost me a day or 2 after reset to get to it,cause I put it off. It's SUCH a grind.

So yeah, I'd love to have 5.1 dailies with storyline quests every now and then, combined on a Timeless Isle like environment with fun events and Rares to kill. It's probably a lot to ask, cause it takes rather a lot of dev time to make such a thing, but that's what I prefer.
    The difference between this and 5.0 dailies (not so much 5.1) is that 5.0 dailies were absolutely required to get your pre-raid gear and even raid gear.

5.0 dailies were 100% required for Rep, Lesser Charms (mobs didn't drop them back then, remember), and gave shit for VP so you still had to do a ton of Heroics or worse yet LFR or even more dailies just to cap out. Since they were daily (and not weekly) missing them meant falling significantly behind on the Rep which basically fucked you over for initial gearing. You also fell behind on Valor which made capping out at the end a total fucking nightmare (since your only realistically "run till end" thing was Heroics which gave a measly 40 VP because of Blizzard's "heroic dungeon daily quest" thing).

The 489 gear was better than what you could even get out LFR, if you weren't lucky in MSV (only raid out) you HAD to get the rep. There was no alternative since even Justice Gear was that 458 shit (remember?) which was even worse than dungeon blues (which was still worse than Rep gear that you had to grind out daily).

---

Emperor Shaohao rep on the other hand gives no rewards other than a cool looking mount, so you're less pressured and can really just do it at your own pace. If you don't want to kill mobs, but just do the Yaungol as the "20 elites" for your daily, you'll eventually get exalted (with time to boot until WoD) without killing yourself.

The daily (singular, not x50) gives 50 VP, Rep, and some rewards, but it's also now by far and away not the only means of getting said rewards, so even if you missed it, it's not that bad (the Rep is, but remember now we don't care about the Rep anymore since it just gives a mount).
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-12-02 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And that's something I never thought I would EVER say! I don't quiet know why, first few weeks I enjoyed Timeless BUT then I began grinding the various reputations in Pandaria and soon realized I actually preferred dailies. Sure they're tedious BUT they alternate daily, take no more than an hour, offer good income and don't require spamming general or Oqueue.
    Oh-my-god...

Timeless isle really just is awful. Thunder Isle I thought was amazing but timeless..jeeez fuck that place..
    Hi Sephurik

I hope the method we get gear next patch doesn't involve running around an island for hours picking epics out of chests. I'm on my first alt since Timeless Isle released and I have to say this is a horrible experience. I would almost rather gear traditionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a mix of 5.1/5.2 quests + story progression via solo scenario for rep, plus just tons more rare mobs and 'treasures' to find in the world.

There's no reason they can't do both, after testing TI.

grinded like 10 days in there, totally bored of that place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    I hope the method we get gear next patch doesn't involve running around an island for hours picking epics out of chests. I'm on my first alt since Timeless Isle released and I have to say this is a horrible experience. I would almost rather gear traditionally.
    The 'end of the expansion, give everyone free epics!' model has been around each expansion so that's normal. If you wanted to play an alt character traditionally, play it throughout the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    This whole entire topic should be archived for scientific purposes as one of many proofs, that people bitch just to bitch and nobody will ever be totally happy with anything ever.
    That's not really a fair thing to say when one facet of a game plenty of people like is almost totally removed because of a vocal amount of people complaining they dislike that facet. Surely there was some way they could work on a middle ground or giving us variety rather than completely removing dailies and replacing it with...longer lasting daily grinding but with less reward.

I'm no game designer, but I'm sure Blizzard doesn't want players to sit in one spot and do something else while waiting for a certain mob to spawn. I'm no psychologist, but I'm sure they want players to be excited when an item they want drops, rather than thinking "thank god, that's one more thing crossed off the check list, now I just have to suffer another fifteen". Nor would they want to replace one daily, structured grinding system with an open-ended, far worse and far more boring grind, but for some reason they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to remember that TI was a testbed, to see if Blizzard could pull off sandbox content.
    They'll monitor what peeps like and dislike and try to improve it in the next incarnation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they'd increase the drop chance of rings and necks. I have found dozens of trinkets, and enough armor tokens to fully gear an army of alts (which I did :-P). But no necks, and only 3 rings in total. Only one of them turned into something useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    The 'end of the expansion, give everyone free epics!' model has been around each expansion so that's normal. If you wanted to play an alt character traditionally, play it throughout the expansion.
    I was just saying that I preferred the other models of free epics. Figured that was clear.