Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lol. He must love "kill 10 bears" quests.

Music and story equal except Cataclysm's ahead? Just no. So much no.

Class design was best in Vanilla? Yeah, I just loved how the majority perception was that if you're a druid/paladin/priest/shaman shut up and heal.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    If you call every ranged being able to DoT , every class being able to AoE, every class basicly being THE SAME CLASS great design I don't even know what to say anymore. Homonization is bad class design, not good. Also, doing away with rotations and make every single class a proc-based spec is also worth -1000 points.
    First of, how does your point system work?

Most classes have procs because it's more fun to have something to do rather than having a 1-1-1-2-3-1-1-1-2-3-1-1-1-2-3 rotation that you in the end know in your sleep. I guess we can disagree on that.
    About all classes being the same, I don't really know how to react to that. True, they given all classes AoE because it seemed silly that if there was an AoE heavy bossfight you could be screwed because your raid comp only had 1-2 classes with AoE, but I guess you would be cool with being stuck on a certain fight because only the mage in your 10 man group was allowed to have AoE damage.
    I guess the fact that all classes are viable is a sign of homogenization, but every class being the same, really? I would argue that the classes are more diverse than ever with different resources to manage. But I guess in Vanilla it was a bit easier to differentiate, Rogues were very different because they were the only class using combo points (What about feral druids one might say, and then you would laugh and laugh, because obviously feral druids were not a real class).

Wat.

How does class design get worse from vanilla & BC? Shouldnt it be the other way around since nearly all classes got more in-depth work done, some got revamped a few times, nearly everyone has new flashy abilities, and are overall pretty well-balanced now?...

OT: No, I dont agree with this at all, nearly all of it sounds like biased opinion. Questing was awesome in MoP it just didnt have much replay value with alts (it got dull fast, especially VotFW, IMO) and I would defintely argue that the community presence is much better in MoP than it was in Cata, especially pre-lfr. The only thing I'd agree with is the low community presence being in Cata.
    Last edited by MagicBanana; 2013-12-01 at 11:45 PM.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

So class design was at it's best when warriors were the only viable tank and hybrids could only viably heal?

The community was it's best when raids were a blob of people who I didn't know?

PVE was at it's best when it was unaccesable by the masses AND hand simple and boring mechanics and one or two button rotations?

The quests were best when it was a huge grind that periodically had you travel for 40 minutes to complete a quest? No interesting vehicles or fun story lines, just kill 20 bandits and then kill 20 bandit captains?

PVP was at it's best when it was a clusterfuck? Gear and rank was earned by killing blows and being boosted by your team? Getting one shot by windfury procs or a beefed up rogue?

This is stupid. The person who made it is stupid. I feel like you just leveled my stupid from having me look at it. Great, I'm journeyman in stupid. Thanks.

*I think engineering should be able to create "Nostalgia Glasses." They will be rose colored. They will look nice on my troll mage.
    Last edited by Orcbert; 2013-12-01 at 11:53 PM.
    Is this where the header goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    Goddamn those nostalgia glasses be pink!
    Man that sunk costs fallacy has got you by the short hairs.

I agree with the community part but the rest is debatable.

Deleted
    He's basically just saying TBC was the best and it went downhill from there. How can anyone say that quests got worse and worse?

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a picture which indicates a subjective opinion on several aspects of each expansion with colored blocks.

I disagree completely and wonder what the purpose of putting an opinion into this form was. It would have been easier just to throw another 'Wow was great, but now it sucks' thread up. This picture proves nothing, changes nothing and just presents the 'omg wow sucks now' opinion in a different way. It's still the same opinion.

It's a nicely done picture though. Nice spacing. 8/10 for the pic alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    If you call every ranged being able to DoT
    The ability to dot doesn't mean every ranged spec is a dot spec. Beast Mastery, hardly a dot spec (SS is much more important in SV). Destruction, same, its all about burst. Even Moonkin and Shadow have a lot of burst instead of multidot. They can completely ignore dots if needed although Moonkin's AoE is weak. The only true dot spec in my eyes is Affliction with the notion they can do some AoE cleave with SoC its just not strong compared to say Shadow or Destruction. Multidot itself is less important and strong now than before (in say Cata).

every class being able to AoE
    Which is not true in the sense that every AoE is viable everywhere. Viable is a relative term in this context; we're not talking about Moonkin or Shadow in Vanilla where whole specs were completely useless (like MM for hunter this entire expansion) but you still do not bring a Rogue or Moonkin for the amazing AoE.

every class basicly being THE SAME CLASS great design I don't even know what to say anymore.
    I don't know what to say either, cause you're talking our of your arse. Not every class is the same; classes have gained features from each other leading to more homogenization. There is no such thing as absolute homogenization because that means all classes are exactly the same.

Homonization is bad class design, not good.
    I suppose you meant homogenization there. Too much is bad, yes. Too little means bring the class not the player. Now one could argue its gone too far, but I will argue vanilla was also too far. So vanilla can never be best with MoP being worst unless you want to have bring the class not the player and do ridiculous things like stacking a certain class like shamans on Muru for bloodlust or warlocks in ToT cause they always did more DPS than any other class no matter the fight.

Also, doing away with rotations
    Which is not true. Spamming the same spell all he time such as fireball or that is not rotation. In Cata all classes got a revamp in such a way that certain faceroll rotations (and ways to macro it) were removed. Ret in WotLK used a 1 button macro to DPS. Prot pala used 2. Druid tank, could use 1 which was quite sophisticated and achieved 95% of the TPS of manually doing the rotation.

and make every single class a proc-based spec is also worth -1000 points.
    Which is not true. The class/spec I main (Shadow) has by default no procs at all. We have to spec for it (we can go from 0 to 2 but it isn't viable during multidot and there are generally better solutions than taking both). Some bright souls on the Priest forums wish we had 1 or even both talents baseline and I disagree for the same reason you find classes too alike.

Completely wrong. Music and setting were amazing in earlier expansions, but nothing done in the last two has been vaguely memorable. I always catch myself listening to the Black Temple, Karzhan and Icecrown themes. Also, class design started poorly, then got better with successive patches as seen by the fact that every spec can be played to a level of success in PvE and PvP, while in earlier expansion if you were a priest/druid/shaman/paladin, you were a healer or you did not raid, etc.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    The community bit is spot on. The game is becoming more single player focused with every expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, absolutely terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Disagree a lot with it, but as a lot pointed out, it's just one persons oppinion.
    I like how he think it was better class design that i would almost always come out victorious again 3 players as warlock. Endless, almost unbreakable fear etc.

lol at community getting 0 in current expansion. Hasn't changed at all. We just see people we never see again now. Doesn't make people in itself worse. They always was like that. Just hope that they get the servers connected enough that we will only get into lfd/lfr with people from our connected realm. Should improve it a lot.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Disagree too.
    Class Design ? Within Classic ever Class hat one role usable for raids, within TBC you "could" raid with every specc. Still every Class had its own special things.
    maybe the creator hated horde got paladins and alliance ...

Wotlk & ClassDesign ? Has there been a Change? I could only remeber to very litle changes, not a real big chance.
    With Cata the whole healing system god changed but within your grafic both have 2 points on class design? Well... not my option.

PVE and Quests.... Yes the Quest within mop was awfull to me but I your grafic says cata had more quest than mop? Have the creator even started mop?
    Music & Art Wotlk and MoP ? Well as far as I know there has no new music added so why have both the same count of points?

well that can't be. if you sum all points together maybe its right but the details can't be.
    At least not without any information what the creator counts to which point

Quote Originally Posted by The Mister Madgod View Post
    I just spat out my morning coffee.

Class design is stronger in Classic and TBC? Really?

Because destro-sac warlocks are the epitome of class design.

Are you?

The amount of storytelling and the story's quality have dramatically shot up since the beginning of Wrath. Cata was a bit of a dip, but Mists has done an outstanding job with providing new, interesting lore, and a focused story arc for the expansion.
    It's all subjective, really. While some aspects of the story are nice, I honestly think the overall story was shit. Because of pandas. Would you be able to savor the world's most delicious cake had it been transported in a box that previously stored feces? I miss wow, but then again I watch some streamers play from time to time and I'm constantly reminded of those fat tubs of lard and the fact they were nothing but a joke. /personal.opinion

Oh look, another "Vanilla/BC were the best"

Clearly this person didn't play either of those games.
    I recently unsubbed and went over to a vanilla private server. Even though it wasn't perfect, Vanilla is still a much more enjoyable experience imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the community score.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I recently unsubbed and went over to a vanilla private server. Even though it wasn't perfect, Vanilla is still a much more enjoyable experience imo.
    How? Why would you think that? Not saying that in a condescending way, genuinely asking.

How? Why would you think that? Not saying that in a condescending way, genuinely asking.
    The scale of the world, the difficulty, the feeling of knowing that everyone in your Naxx raid is pulling their own weight and not afk'ing. Sure there are some issues with classes and things aren't as polished as they are in MoP, but overall the community is great and you cant roflstomp anything without 39 other people.

EDIT: Almost forgot the rewarding feeling when you defeat some of the most legendary and hardest bosses ever (Talking about Naxx here).

Vanilla is an MMO. MoP is a singleplayer game with a small multiplayer component.