Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Yeah, I remember that for stuff from JC... But honestly, those pieces weren't worth anything for anyone lol.

I do hope they make crafting gear worth getting and keep up with it each tier. Maybe a slot or two per tier, not a whole set.
    Watch out. You are going to get flamed as a B.C. fan boi if you go too much farther towards supporting professions supplying useful GEAR for raiding.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Watch out. You are going to get flamed as a B.C. fan boi if you go too much farther towards supporting professions supplying useful GEAR for raiding.
    yolo

fuck da police

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    yolo

fuck da police
    weeeeeeeeee woooooooooo weeeeeeeeee woooooooo

did someone call the WHA mbulance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, less pointless spam, and more constructive posting, please.

I think the whole random itemization will depend on how big the chance is for those extra stats, and how useful they will be. I'm actually okay with a more dynamic crafted gear market IF, IF, IF that means that 1)I can keep crafting throughout the tier and be useful with my profession 2)there's enough materials so that we're not strangled by limited supply driving up the prices.

Tbh, I kinda liked the current system as well, where the product was crafted through a cooldown over a semi-long period. It didn't last long but there was some market for the pieces at first at least, and it was an equal opportunity market, not just limited to who had access to raid drops anyway (which shouldn't really be the target of crafted gear).

We'll see soon enough in beta how the system will work and how to best make profit with it, but for now I'm okay with what they are planning since it means there's most likely going to be a longer period where our crafted gear stays useful (since you can craft a special version that someone will find interesting to use even after the initial tier is underway).

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Guys, less pointless spam, and more constructive posting, please.

I think the whole random itemization will depend on how big the chance is for those extra stats, and how useful they will be. I'm actually okay with a more dynamic crafted gear market IF, IF, IF that means that 1)I can keep crafting throughout the tier and be useful with my profession 2)there's enough materials so that we're not strangled by limited supply driving up the prices.

Tbh, I kinda liked the current system as well, where the product was crafted through a cooldown over a semi-long period. It didn't last long but there was some market for the pieces at first at least, and it was an equal opportunity market, not just limited to who had access to raid drops anyway (which shouldn't really be the target of crafted gear).

We'll see soon enough in beta how the system will work and how to best make profit with it, but for now I'm okay with what they are planning since it means there's most likely going to be a longer period where our crafted gear stays useful (since you can craft a special version that someone will find interesting to use even after the initial tier is underway).
    the cooldown was too long for it to be useful to anyone but useless slugs who won't buy it because they are not raiding anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this presents a moral dilemma. What do you do when the "perfect" crafted item is proced. Do you give it to the guy who gave you materials to make it? Or do you give him back his materials and keep or sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Inscribed Warforged Life Draining Multistriking Warding Fancy Hood of the Manbearpig.
    Is it real? I'm super, duper cereal.

Seriously, more RNG on crafting seems like a bad move, but I suppose they wanna try and keep materials flowing out of the market and make crafters keep trying in the hope of getting that uber-valuable Manbearpig Hood to sell for phat goldz.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    So this presents a moral dilemma. What do you do when the "perfect" crafted item is proced. Do you give it to the guy who gave you materials to make it? Or do you give him back his materials and keep or sell it?
    the tip just went up a bunch for all the extra labor I just put in to that fine peace of crafted armor, or I make another without the proc and hand it over.

Things change. During new xpac's lots of things change. If the thing that makes you gold now doesn't make you gold then - than change the thing you are doing to make gold.

It's how the world work, real and game. When change is the only constant, you have to change yourself to keep up with it. Stagnate and you'll be left behind. If you demand change doesn't happen, and were able to get your own way, you'd cause the entire world to stagnate which would end up being a far worse thing.

When change happens, adapt and overcome. Roll with it and be the first to adopt the changes and you'll always come out ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I guess it depends on whether or not the dude see's you make it. This is not new, but less crap than it was in Cata LW, for example, when I could make 10 straight Agi drops before getting the intel one I needed. I remember people offering to give me mats to make something and I would turn them down so I didn't have to deal with the drama of the wrong item being made.