Poll: Do you like this class concept so far?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Just because something is possible does not mean they should do it. Especially if we can already find an active class or classes which encompasses most of what we would see in the new class. Just like tinkers. Odds are we will never have them since Engineers already hold the market on explosives and having tricks up their sleeves like bombs, and rockets.
    Its your opinion and I respect it. But no matter what you say, you may be playing as a hunter but you will never be a true ranger...
    or better yet, you play ranger but you will always feel hunter...
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-12-02 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    No thanks, i don't even need to read : NO MORE CLASSES IN WOW PLS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Its your opinion and I respect it. But no matter what you say, you may be playing as a hunter but you will never be a true ranger...
    or better yet, you play ranger but you will always feel hunter...
    That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. But, if my Hunter, Druid, and Rogue can do everything a Ranger can, why would I waste time leveling a class that already does the same thing my other 3 90s can do? If it is just to call myself a Ranger when I RP, to me, it would never be worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. But, if my Hunter, Druid, and Rogue can do everything a Ranger can, why would I waste time leveling a class that already does the same thing my other 3 90s can do? If it is just to call myself a Ranger when I RP, to me, it would never be worth it.
    The thing you don't undersatnd is that its not about RPing. You can RP as a Ranger as much as u want now but you can't play like one. So ultimately, if it is a ranger class that you want you cannot hope to enjoy it by playing a little bit of rogue, a little bit of hunter and then a little bit of druid lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    The thing you don't undersatnd is that its not about RPing. You can RP as a Ranger as much as u want now but you can't play like one. So ultimately, if it is a ranger class that you want you cannot hope to enjoy it by playing a little bit of rogue, a little bit of hunter and then a little bit of druid lol.
    I think the problem is most of these hybrid class creations are really a "niche" market. It would be different if we did a revamp of something that everyone would love to play. Like if we wiped out warlocks, and introduced necromancers. Or wipe out warriors, and introduce barbarians. I think in order to have a successful class, you need something with elements which are not already represented by 3-7 other classes or professions. Find something which is fully original and does not impeded on other class abilities and you have yourself a win. Continue to pull from multiple classes and you will continue to see 60%-80% of those polled telling you this is just another bad idea. That's to say nothing of the 7 month old necro "update" to put this back on page 1.

I will not shoot your idea down, but I have to comment and say you did a really good job at it. I mean it would have probably taken a lot of time, but trust me when I say this, It just doesn't make any sense.

Its pretty much a Hunter without a pet. I mean one of the level 100 talen in WOD pretty much gives Hunters the ability to fight with their pets - something that alot of folks have been calling for for some time now. Its not cause we don't love our pets, its just that pets often times get bugged in raid encounters and are more of a nuisance. They are fun with question, but simply more of a hindrance. Take the Nefarion fight in BWD. Your pet always got bugged or didn't attack the boss when you jumped down.

And a Ranger with healing abilities. Please no thank you. That is a pretty stupid thought. We already have a class that uses magical arrows - Arcane Shot, Explosive Shot, Cobra Shot. This just wouldn't work or make any sense.

I rather see Demon Hunters any day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    I can see the point of a petless ranged DPS class (personally I don't think the petless hunter talent is going to work), but I'm not seeing this concept working. I think it's far more likely we will eventually see Demon Hunters with both ranged and melee specs.
    well if I may disagree just a little, there's more than one point to my ranger concept.
    1-no pet
    2-a physical ranged counterpart to the DK class
    3-a melee hunter
    4-a healing physical ranged spec
    5-a magical ranged counterpart to the hunter class
    6-a ranged class with stealth abilities

A class-based loot roll bonus? Please don't tell me you actually think this is practical.
    idk tbh =P. maybe I went too far with this but I see no harm in it too...