Thread: Boomkin LF Help

Boomkin LF Help

Hello there. I'll make it short. I see that we need 10,289 Haste Rating for extra 4th tick on our dots so we should aim for it. My question is :

Should we aim for it even without 4pT16? TY

Yes, 4 piece makes no difference to what haste you want
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdastar View Post
    Hello there. I'll make it short. I see that we need 10,289 Haste Rating for extra 4th tick on our dots so we should aim for it. My question is :

Should we aim for it even without 4pT16? TY
    Get 10296. 4 piece is great but it hasn't got anything to do with what haste you have. Just make sure you have at least 6k crit after you have reforged into 10296 haste. Use askmrrobot to see can you reach it, so you don't have to waste any money to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    Get 10296. 4 piece is great but it hasn't got anything to do with what haste you have. Just make sure you have at least 6k crit after you have reforged into 10296 haste. Use askmrrobot to see can you reach it, so you don't have to waste any money to find out.
    I find it odd that there has been at least 5 threads in the past week about this exact same topic but yet people are still giving out bad info. 10296 Haste is the GCD cap, not a haste breakpoint. You should be aiming for 10289 haste and trying not to go over 10296.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I find it odd that there has been at least 5 threads in the past week about this exact same topic but yet people are still giving out bad info. 10296 Haste is the GCD cap, not a haste breakpoint. You should be aiming for 10289 haste and trying not to go over 10296.
    Exactly, but why not putting that extra 7 points on haste instead of getting exactly 10289. After 10296 haste becomes "useless", but as I have understood those 7 points of haste is still of use.

EDIT: I know I was going to get rants from elite players, but you know what - FTP! Down with the authorities! Burn the flags! Break the windows!
    Last edited by mmoc8d0614f38b; 2013-12-05 at 08:46 AM.

Exactly, but why not putting that extra 7 points on haste instead of getting exactly 10289. After 10296 haste becomes "useless", but as I have understood those 7 points of haste is still of use.
    Because if you specifically aim for 10296 then you completely lose the option to sit between 10289 and 10296 when using a reforge calculator. Since any Haste over 10296 is "useless" and you are more likely to be over 10296 by a larger amount if you specifically aim for it, then you are more likely to lose DPS for no reason, since there is actually no gain (unless you consider a 0.000005% possible gain worth going for).
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-12-05 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted
    Because if you specifically aim for 10296 then you completely lose the option to sit between 10289 and 10296 when using a reforge calculator. Since any Haste over 10296 is "useless" and you are more likely to be over 10296 by a larger amount if you specifically aim for it, then you are more likely to lose DPS for no reason, since there is actually no gain (unless you consider a 0.000005% possible gain worth going for).
    I'm sitting in exactly 10296 myself.

Also, if nitpicking, I did not mention that 10296 is a haste breakpoint.

I'm sitting in exactly 10296 myself.

Also, if nitpicking, I did not mention that 10296 is haste breakpoint.
    Yep and as soon as you change 1 piece of gear you won't be able to reach that exact number, and if you do it's a dps loss, like aiming for exactly 5100 hit, just can't happen sometimes. And the difference in cast speed between the breakpoint + 10296 is so small, it's stupid to aim specifically for it like Glurp explained.

I'm at 10294 haste, so that's 2 below your magic number, but it doesn't matter because nothing magically happens in 2 more haste rating. It doesn't add a dot tick. It just completely caps your gcd with NG at 1.000 seconds. It would be a waste for me to try and aim above what I got.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Also, if nitpicking, I did not mention that 10296 is a haste breakpoint.
    The question was about extra DoT ticks (breakpoints) and you answered "Get 10296".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Yep and as soon as you change 1 piece of gear you won't be able to reach that exact number, and if you do it's a dps loss, like aiming for exactly 5100 hit, just can't happen sometimes. And the difference in cast speed between the breakpoint + 10296 is so small, it's stupid to aim specifically for it like Glurp explained.

I'm at 10294 haste, so that's 2 below your magic number, but it doesn't matter because nothing magically happens in 2 more haste rating. It doesn't add a dot tick. It just completely caps your gcd with NG at 1.000 seconds. It would be a waste for me to try and aim above what I got.
    I am not sure what your aim is, you and glurp just said the same thing I was thinking, just with more words and being specific. I still don't feel standing corrected, because it's extremely hard to aim between 10289 and 10296 - you probably will go past that anyway (depending on usable secondary stats).

- - - Updated - - -

The question was about extra DoT ticks (breakpoints) and you answered "Get 10296".
    Do not twist my words in your favour.

Na man you're telling op to get 10296, when really you should be trying to get -at least- 10289, I know the diff is small at the end of the day but yeah no point to be misleading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Na man you're telling op to get 10296, when really you should be trying to get -at least- 10289, I know the diff is small at the end of the day but yeah no point to be misleading.
    Apparently a random guy from internet forum knows my thoughts better than I do. I must admit that the 10296 was misleading, but the information I provided was not wrong. It was not an answer to original question, just an useful sidenote and I should have had explained it better.

Do not twist my words in your favour.
    Stop trying to defend yourself and admit you made a mistake.

Deleted
    Stop trying to defend yourself and admit you made a mistake.
    I will not admit it because you guys are nothing but cyber bullies. Will it make you a world of difference? Is this some sort of typical case of "wait mom i have to prove someone is wrong @ internetz"?

I will not admit it because you guys are nothing but cyber bullies. Will it make you a world of difference? Is this some sort of typical case of "wait mom i have to prove someone is wrong @ internetz"?

Grow up and don't get off topic plz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkinfinity View Post
    Grow up and don't get off topic plz.
    Last off-topic:

I am being a jerk because I know my stuff, I practically live by the icy-veins and mmo's guide and carefully watching my reforges and gems and stats. Then a guy comes and feels the need to point out I'm wrong gets me frustrated.

Probably me being honest about my feelings will get them going even harder at me. But I guess I have to grow up.

Back to the topic:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...de-5-4-Edition

Last off-topic:

I am being a jerk because I know my stuff, I practically live by the icy-veins and mmo's guide and carefully watching my reforges and gems and stats. Then a guy comes and feels the need to point out I'm wrong gets me frustrated.

Probably me being honest about my feelings will get them going even harder at me. But I guess I have to grow up.

Back to the topic:
    (link removed cos not allowed to post links yet)
    in all fairness, living by the guides means that you do what others tell you without trying to understand the reasoning behind it, leaving yourself open for misunderstanding someone's wording/reasoning in guides.
    in the guide you linked sunfyre meant 10296 as a maximum amount of haste(or atleast haste thats fully beneficial to you), you can even see this in the same guide when he starts about reforging

Unable to reach 5273/10289 haste:

Step 1) Reach the hit cap. Steal from mastery and haste first.
    Step 1a) If needed, double dip spirit/hit on the same item.
    Step 2) Find any pieces of gear that do not have Crit as a secondary stat and reforge Crit there. I generally steal from Spirit or Hit first and leave throughput stats alone but I may steal from other throughput stats if a piece doesn't have any Spirit, Hit, Haste on it.
    Step 3) If you're over the hitcap and have full crit reforge, reforge spirit/hit to haste/mastery.
    PS. might be better off locking this topic so this stops :>
    Last edited by Xarathan; 2013-12-05 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    I apologize for English being my tertiary language. I should have said:

10289 is the haste break point you would like to have as long it will not make your critical strike rating go below the value that is suggested to get the best out of your secondary statistic values.
    10296 is the haste required to acquire global cooldown cap.
    By no means should you go past 10296 cap purposedly, but aim in middle of haste break point and global cooldown cap.
    However, you might be driven to situation where you will go past 10296 rating, depending on your secondary stat pool and itemization.

I again apologize for bad usage of English, and I hope that I will not be picked on anymore for being childish or wrong. I hope I now have better manners in the eyes of forum users.