Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I happen to be 30 and I still disagree with you in regards to this thread. I don't see how you can assume that the Original Post is a cry for entitlement. If anything, it's a cry against it (in my understanding). The poster, and others including me, are saying that elitists are, in this case, those who, regardless of their actions in the raid/BG/dungeon, feel the need to belittle others and generally speak poorly of them without offering constructive criticism/aid.

If you are helping others without being a jerk about it, you are likely not one of the candidates this thread is speaking about. If you are, however, making rash assumptions and jumping to conclusions about anything you cannot tangibly prove, you probably are one.
    This guy gets it. Good on ya mate

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Wouldn't those safeguards render the whole system pointless? You're going to be making queues longer 100% of the time because the available people is lower because they don't match your personality profile. When the cutoff is inevitably reached, the entire system is thrown out the window so you're left with a longer queue and a system that works against itself because of longer queues.
    Wow, could I explain in even more laymen terms. There is a shortage of tanks. Only one healthy tank is available. Therefore, you take the least poorly automated ranked tank from the queue of toxic tanks. Is that hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    It's an awesome idea. Anyone who operates in a team environment knows how detrimental a pessimistic whiner is to the team. A rating system should be employed and similar players should be matched. This could!d assist in the complaints of toxicity.
    It's like a combination of LFR and eHarmony.com. How in the world could THAT go wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psidum View Post
    I think you are being generous with the label 'elitist'. The demographic you are talking about, the ones that yell, scream and point the finger in lfr usually don't have a clue about anything.
    Agreed. While there are sometimes disgruntled raiders that voice criticism, usually the bads are the ones that get insulting and "violent".

Thank Christ there is Flex now...

You can call me an elitist, you can call me whatever you want; but if someone is not doing their job, coming into things unprepared, or generally not giving a shit, I will call them out, and try to tell them what to do. You seem to think that elitists are the problem here, but really its just trash players who are so astonishingly bad, that it's impossible to ignore. Yes some players aren't as nice as others, but that isn't something that is unique to elitists, there are plenty of bad players that are rude and put no effort into anything.

If you're doing DPS relevant to your gear level, you're fine. If you come into a fight as a tank, and know what to do, you're fine. If you're the spastic DPS who barely manages to scrape 30k DPS with 520 ilvl, you're going to get called out.

OP mentions that WoW is "just a game", but not everyone wants to waste their time because of terrible players. I find it ironic that you're calling out elitists, but being one yourself, by your definition, you're trying to control other players, and trying to force them out of content that should be accessible to everyone. Some argument you've got there bud, 10/10.

People are always going to be rude. Calling them an "elitist" because they don't want to waste their time fucking around because of a few shitty players is hardly fair.

I think you should change your title / post to: "Remove toxic players from Raids and Battlegrounds", Elitist and Casuals aren't the problem, it's the toxic players in general.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Psidum View Post
    I think you are being generous with the label 'elitist'. The demographic you are talking about, the ones that yell, scream and point the finger in lfr usually don't have a clue about anything.
    Its great that someone else notices this.

Deleted
    "Nice work everyone, that bosses mechanics were so shit!"
    > Auto-kicked from the group due to Elitism.

Just because someone uses foul language doesn't mean they're using it negatively towards other group members, your idea is greatly flawed.

(This was probably mentioned before, but I'm not reading all 15 pages of this thread, sorry!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    This inferiority complex is absolutely pathetic, get a grip. If someones yelling at you your obviously doing something wrong, if you arent then they're just your typical douchebag that the ignore button is for.
    Pretty much this for the whole thread.
    Just because someone keeps fucking up the mechanics of the boss and wiping the raid doesn't mean that i'm a elitist jerk for calling them out on it. Sure i understand that shit happens, but don't use that excuse to be bad and call someone else a "elitist" for calling you out on it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    If you are helping others without being a jerk about it, you are likely not one of the candidates this thread is speaking about. If you are, however, making rash assumptions and jumping to conclusions about anything you cannot tangibly prove, you probably are one.
    Actually you can easily be an elitist and try to help people. As Lime said, beeing elitist is a mindset, and is not nesessarly reflected in your actions. Witch to me prettymuch means, this is about jerks in LFR not about elitists (though alot of elitists are jerks)

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Actually, I've said otherwise. I've said that only the ones who are vocal about their elitism are douches. Thinking that you're better than someone is elitist, it's as simple as that. Thinking it is harmless, telling someone it is completely different. Obviously nobody has an issue with the former, it's the latter we're discussing. I'm not sure how many times I'll have to say that not all elitists are these idiots people hate.

Nice fallacy at the end, implying that I'm jealous based off a no evidence. Funny thing is, I used to be one of those elitist who were silent about it back when I took this game seriously. Now, i don't care about it, most certainly not enough to be jealous.
    Yeah, but the problem is you think that calling someone out on something is being an elitist. You can be a casual-mister-nice-guy and still call someone out on something. Why are you so offended why someone points out something that could HELP you and the raid? I have been called asshole for stating how someone died while having no malicious intent in my words. In fact... It's usually the bad players of the group that cause the most trouble. Usually by hindering the raid by poor performance and lashing out at constructive criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Oh, I don't. But I also do not have to tolerate such assholes.
    You're right. You have the option to vote kick a player. Or are you the only person who believes this person is an asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Ah the millennial generation, the generation incapable of hearing criticism without pee'ing their pants and crying hysterically.

They've been told every day by their parents how wonderful and special they are, regardless of merit or accomplishment.

They got trophies for finishing last. They went to a school that gave them "extra credit" for trying hard.

Here's to the most entitled generation in the history of humanity "I deserve everything, doesn't matter if I don't put any effort or thought into it, and nobody should ever be allowed to criticize me for anything!"

This guy is so right. There was only 40 man dungeons then they made it 25 man to make it easier. It was not enough for you most of the people in this thread. So they brought 10 mans and WOTLK logic (Aoe Everything). Then Blizzard saw it's so retarded to make it that easy. With Cata They increased skill cap which lead many noobs to quit because they think they can own everything with their money. This is not called trade, this is called Capitalism. And again to let noobs have fun in the game too they brought LFR but it's not a good addition. Good casual players need to get gear to go raids and people are asking for ilevel. What can that good player do? What's their options? It's only LFR. And there they see too many idiots, time wasters, noobs.

Blizzard dropped skill level dramatically. And still it's obviously not enough for some people. I prefer things hard but hard shouldnt mean time consuming, grinding.

Call me elitst or whatever. I am playing this came casually but I respect to other people's time and I always do my best.

Wow, could I explain in even more laymen terms. There is a shortage of tanks. Only one healthy tank is available. Therefore, you take the least poorly automated ranked tank from the queue of toxic tanks. Is that hard to understand?
    No, but what is going to end up happening is that your queue will ALWAYS end up taking from the "toxic player" crowd making the longer queue and the entire system useless because you'll still be getting toxic players.

I find it funny that so many people are saying the ones that get bent out of shape in LFR are the bads. I'd estimate about 75% of the raging I've seen in LFR comes from the Highest few DPS'ers or healers, who are obviously carrying the raid.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    But I am better than an awful lot of people.
    Yeah, maybe I should have clarified my statement a bit better.

Elitism is simply an attitude, borne by people who think they are better than others and believe that entitles them to act like douches

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Sorry, but if I'm tanking and #2 on DPS on a single target fight, you're going to hear about it and deservedly so. Kicking me for pointing out that maybe you should put a little effort into the game? No thanks. Maybe instead you should get better.
    Thank you for showing us all such a fine example of an elitist attitude....

No, if you are tanking and #2 on dps it does not necessarily mean that the other dps'ers in the group "deserve" any kind of abuse. If you're tanking in level 580 dps gear, expect to be #2 or even #1 on the dps meter in LFR. Imagine going to a school after you have graduated and crapping all over the first graders because of their "low standards" (ie as compared to yours). It would be pathetic.

Look, I am not saying that criticism/advice is never warranted. But a lot of it depends on how you choose to deliver the message and the attitude you have when making your comments.

If a group is wiping on a boss because you are hitting the enrage timer, and you in your ilevel 502 tank is topping the dps meter with 40K, then a comment like: "guys, we need to improve the dps here if we want to beat this boss. Please all put in some effort to up your performance, I know you can " is a million times better than "you retards can't even beat the tank in dps. L2P losers"

I agree that the use of Elitist is general, but it does get the point across. From your post, you would not be a toxic player/elitist as this thread defines it. In the end, regardless of the word used, the goal is to remove toxic players. Consider that not everybody here speaks english as a first language. The words are not always what you expect them to be, but the meaning still rings true. Same situation here. The OP uses elitist to mean "one who is a toxic player." Disclaimer: That is my understanding of this. I could be entirely wrong about the OP's intentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    Thank Christ there is Flex now...

You can call me an elitist, you can call me whatever you want; but if someone is not doing their job, coming into things unprepared, or generally not giving a shit, I will call them out, and try to tell them what to do. You seem to think that elitists are the problem here, but really its just trash players who are so astonishingly bad, that it's impossible to ignore. Yes some players aren't as nice as others, but that isn't something that is unique to elitists, there are plenty of bad players that are rude and put no effort into anything.

If you're doing DPS relevant to your gear level, you're fine. If you come into a fight as a tank, and know what to do, you're fine. If you're the spastic DPS who barely manages to scrape 30k DPS with 520 ilvl, you're going to get called out.

OP mentions that WoW is "just a game", but not everyone wants to waste their time because of terrible players. I find it ironic that you're calling out elitists, but being one yourself, by your definition, you're trying to control other players, and trying to force them out of content that should be accessible to everyone. Some argument you've got there bud, 10/10.

People are always going to be rude. Calling them an "elitist" because they don't want to waste their time fucking around because of a few shitty players is hardly fair.

I think you should change your title / post to: "Remove toxic players from Raids and Battlegrounds", Elitist and Casuals aren't the problem, it's the toxic players in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    Rename it any way you like. But I have never seen a casual run up in a raid and tell an elitist to uninstall and then go kill himself. I think I was spot on with the Elitist "usually" equals toxic argument. The people who are good at what they do, and are both pleasant and helpful are not elitists by definition, but can be elite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Strike View Post
    I find it funny that so many people are saying the ones that get bent out of shape in LFR are the bads. I'd estimate about 75% of the raging I've seen in LFR comes from the Highest few DPS'ers or healers, who are obviously carrying the raid.
    And I think people overestimate the raging in LFR in general.
    Now granted I don't go there very often, but most of the time, my groups say less than the bosses.

It's an awesome idea. Anyone who operates in a team environment knows how detrimental a pessimistic whiner is to the team. A rating system should be employed and similar players should be matched. This could!d assist in the complaints of toxicity.
    I always have thought something like that would be neat.

Give players the ability to rate other players as "Like", "Neutral", "Dislike".

Then attempt to match likes with likes & avoid matching with dislikes.

It'd increase the overhead, but people everyone tended to like would probably end up with a shorter queue regardless. And people everyone disliked could get to suffer for their anti-social behaviour and/or poor performance.

Deleted
    or you know...stop being bad then theres nothing for elitists to say.